Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
20 hours ago, l-h said:

Hi all. We had our interview today in BOS and we were approved 🥂 They said I should get the card in the mail in 2 weeks. I will leave a more detailed overview at the BOS office review page if anyone is interested. Also happy to help any other MA/BOS people preparing for their interview in the coming months.

Main takeaways: 

• they interviewed my husband (USC) first and wrote down all answers he gave
  • I was then asked to join him and they asked all the same questions to see if our answers matched
  • questions were pretty interesting, but everything you can easily answer if you actually live together as a couple (ie. who does the laundry 😂)
  • he didn't ask for any of the paperwork I was asked to bring to the interview.. I still showed him some proof like joint phone plan, joint account, joint health insurance.
  • At the end of the interview he just said we were approved and congratulated us. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting! 

Congrats!  We are the Boston office too! 

Our NOA1 date is Dec 18th and we had biometrics on Jan 11th.  We haven't heard anything since the biometrics... just waiting waiting waiting like usual :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, AnJay said:

Reached day 100 today. Nothing new, just waiting patiently:)

07853051-6722-4511-AFF0-28A008A08A63.jpeg

Lol today is my 100 milestone too. And like you I’m patiently waiting.  At least 30 more days before something good happening. 

ey everyone! Need some serious advice.  We went to our AOS interview on 3/15.  The officer was not very nice to my husband. She didn't want me in the interview at all and asked me to wait in the living room. She took my husband for 20 mins. She was very non approachable from the beginning. She started to go through his I485 form detail by detail. She asked him if he was working which he wasn't bc he hasn't gotten the EAD yet. We got the AOS interview sooner than the EAD/AP. We had listed the current employer or recent on the form and she was questioning if he was working but the employer address was listed in our home country.... she also corrected him as we listed "0" for "have you been married before?" so we listed 0 instead of 1 which she corrected. She also saw we marked "yes" on the question RE: Have you ever been denied a US visa before? She verified this as well which he explained that he applied for tourism before which was denied.  S he went into details on all the pictures. She stated at the end that the interview was complete. She went through the I693 and opened it up and asked him RE: the date of the signature as it was missing. She stated that our relationship was valid in the end and gave us a form that stated that "our case will be continued to be reviewed" . She told him that USCIS doesn't need anymore information and gave us this notice and said that you can now walk away and that we are waiting for the system to validate some things. We were confused when we left.

We got a case update 8 hours later on USCIS website that we have been RFE. She didn't mention this on the interview. I spoke with this lawyer who mentioned maybe she pushed the wrong button and that she would need to send a letter to the Indianapolis office to fix it. 

I don't know what other evidence they would require. We sent I485, I693, affidavit, lease of apartment, duke energy bills, marriage certificate, pictures of travel to CA, TN. I dont know what else is going on and we plan to travel for our honeymoon non 4/24. The officer also was aware of this and she stated that we should see online in 2 weeks and request info pass for I551 stamp if approved.

Any advice is needed! What a mess. 

1 hour ago, DA91450 said:

ey everyone! Need some serious advice.  We went to our AOS interview on 3/15.  The officer was not very nice to my husband. She didn't want me in the interview at all and asked me to wait in the living room. She took my husband for 20 mins. She was very non approachable from the beginning. She started to go through his I485 form detail by detail. She asked him if he was working which he wasn't bc he hasn't gotten the EAD yet. We got the AOS interview sooner than the EAD/AP. We had listed the current employer or recent on the form and she was questioning if he was working but the employer address was listed in our home country.... she also corrected him as we listed "0" for "have you been married before?" so we listed 0 instead of 1 which she corrected. She also saw we marked "yes" on the question RE: Have you ever been denied a US visa before? She verified this as well which he explained that he applied for tourism before which was denied.  S he went into details on all the pictures. She stated at the end that the interview was complete. She went through the I693 and opened it up and asked him RE: the date of the signature as it was missing. She stated that our relationship was valid in the end and gave us a form that stated that "our case will be continued to be reviewed" . She told him that USCIS doesn't need anymore information and gave us this notice and said that you can now walk away and that we are waiting for the system to validate some things. We were confused when we left.

We got a case update 8 hours later on USCIS website that we have been RFE. She didn't mention this on the interview. I spoke with this lawyer who mentioned maybe she pushed the wrong button and that she would need to send a letter to the Indianapolis office to fix it. 

I don't know what other evidence they would require. We sent I485, I693, affidavit, lease of apartment, duke energy bills, marriage certificate, pictures of travel to CA, TN. I dont know what else is going on and we plan to travel for our honeymoon non 4/24. The officer also was aware of this and she stated that we should see online in 2 weeks and request info pass for I551 stamp if approved.

Any advice is needed! What a mess. 

You will just have to wait for the RFE to come in the mail. No use guessing and it will drive you crazy either way.

Edit: quite possible it could be because the I693 was not signed and dated. The new policy states it must be signed and dated within 60 days of the moment it reaches the hands of USCIS. No signature, no bueno.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Only day 95 since NOA1 for EAD/AP but my goshhh i cant wait to be able to work. 

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My AOS interview is this Thursday in Raleigh. We have been very fortunate and it’s moved along quite quickly since submitting in December 2018. I think we are probably overly prepared but that’s how I roll anyway lol. Any advice for interview??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone! Throwing my information into the ring here...

Dec 17/18 - Sent in I-130, I-765, I-485, I-131

Dec 19/18 - documents delivered to USCIS 

Dec 27/18 - official USCIS receipt date

Dec 29/18 - biometrics appointment notice

Jan 18/19 - biometrics appointment

My cases online still say "Case received" and "Fingerprint fee received" and haven't been updated at all since the end of December.

I'll be processing in Denver, AOS from a TN visa issued May 2016. 

I'm still able to work on my existing TN visa, but that expires at the end of May. I'm crossing my fingers that I receive my EAD before then so I don't have to take a leave of absence!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Lebanese23 said:

EAD card is being produced due to expedite. All I did was submit a work offer letter ans signed privacy release forms to my congressman. They did the work for me. Took only 2 weeks. 

congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline
7 hours ago, Lebanese23 said:

EAD card is being produced due to expedite. All I did was submit a work offer letter ans signed privacy release forms to my congressman. They did the work for me. Took only 2 weeks. 

Hi, question, so a work offer letter is the only requirement for a request to expedite? What is the process? I have had 2 job offers but I couldn't take it since my EAD is not here yet. Biometrics Jan 9 and no update yet,

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
3 hours ago, decfiler said:

Hi, question, so a work offer letter is the only requirement for a request to expedite? What is the process? I have had 2 job offers but I couldn't take it since my EAD is not here yet. Biometrics Jan 9 and no update yet,

Yes just one offer letter signed by the company. It should state when you should start work. Dates help. We mentioned March 25 to start job. It’s worth a shot if your company can write you an offer letter.   Good luck!

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

10 hours ago, Lebanese23 said:

Yes just one offer letter signed by the company. It should state when you should start work. Dates help. We mentioned March 25 to start job. It’s worth a shot if your company can write you an offer letter.   Good luck!

Hey! I'm trying to do this right now. How long did it take for them to email you/mail you a request for the job offer letter? I called late Thursday afternoon last week - the update is still that it has not been assigned for processing....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.