Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
18 hours ago, Karl kristian said:

is it okay to submit the most recent tax documents along with the co sponsors affid of support?

If you have the w2 for 2018 you can file that year tax return. I had the same problem with my hubby. We did filed for 2017 which he didn't meet the poverty guideline. So we decided a joint sponsor which was more good. Because the joint sponsor was making more than the poverty guideline requirement even during her retirement time. But uscis send me RFE for most current tax return for my hubby and a detailed explanation of the co sponsor. 

So we were fortunate that my hubby had his w2 for 2018 and he was able to file for 2018 which he met the poverty guideline to be my sole sponsor. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Storm Waters said:

If you have the w2 for 2018 you can file that year tax return. I had the same problem with my hubby. We did filed for 2017 which he didn't meet the poverty guideline. So we decided a joint sponsor which was more good. Because the joint sponsor was making more than the poverty guideline requirement even during her retirement time. But uscis send me RFE for most current tax return for my hubby and a detailed explanation of the co sponsor. 

So we were fortunate that my hubby had his w2 for 2018 and he was able to file for 2018 which he met the poverty guideline to be my sole sponsor. 

we are still waiting for the 2018 tax which my wife just filed and we have until april 8th to response with the rfe, however we will also use  ajoint sponsor. it doesn't need to be our relative right? what do you mean by they are asking for a detailed explanation for the co sponsor?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Karl kristian said:

we are still waiting for the 2018 tax which my wife just filed and we have until april 8th to response with the rfe, however we will also use  ajoint sponsor. it doesn't need to be our relative right? what do you mean by they are asking for a detailed explanation for the co sponsor?

My cosponsor is a retired nurse so they need explanation of her social security benefits. But we realized my husband qualify to be my sole sponsor during the time we received RFE from USCIS. 

I believe your wife can print out the filed tax form so that you can submit. 

Also per uscis policy all processes on your case has been put on hold. They will resume working on your case when they receive your RFE. At least let us hope everything goes well for us both. 

Edited by Storm Waters

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Storm Waters said:

My cosponsor is a retired nurse so they need explanation of her social security benefits. But we realized my husband qualify to be my sole sponsor during the time we received RFE from USCIS. 

I believe your wife can print out the filed tax form so that you can submit. 

Also per uscis policy all processes on your case has been put on hold. They will resume working on your case when they receive your RFE. At least let us hope everything goes well for us both. 

just to be safe we'll be submitting her tax docs and our joint sponsor's, like what it says on the RFE everything should be sent in one package and i guess there's no more second chance. i thought they will hold the case if it's request for evidence? mine is request for initial evidence. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Karl kristian said:

just to be safe we'll be submitting her tax docs and our joint sponsor's, like what it says on the RFE everything should be sent in one package and i guess there's no more second chance. i thought they will hold the case if it's request for evidence? mine is request for initial evidence. 

Yes, you  send both just to be on a safer side. 

Request for evidence and Request for Initial evidence, all put a hold on your case as far as I know and per my little research on the internet. Because I also had Request for Initial evidence. And after uscis received my RFE, my case status online said they have received my RFE and start working on my case again. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Storm Waters said:

Yes, you  send both just to be on a safer side. 

Request for evidence and Request for Initial evidence, all put a hold on your case as far as I know and per my little research on the internet. Because I also had Request for Initial evidence. And after uscis received my RFE, my case status online said they have received my RFE and start working on my case again. 

is it back to zero or they will just hold and start when they receive the RFE?

Timeline
Just now, Karl kristian said:

is it back to zero or they will just hold and start when they receive the RFE?

Per my research, it state that the RFE resets the 90days again. But uscis says it stop working on the case once they issue RFE. And only start working on the case again when the receive your RFE

But the waiting is still the same. Maybe your service center won't delay your case. But the normal process remain the same unless you are premium 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline
On 3/1/2019 at 7:33 PM, vinnie&andy said:

We had our AOS Interview today. It was very easy. Interview officer was very friendly and professional. She just verified every question of the form I-485 and asked us how we met. We got a letter saying "recommended for approval" and 15 minutes later checked the USCIS web page and status changed to "new card is being produced". This process could not have been easier or faster. Just be honest and everything will work out perfectly. 

70 days between filing date and Interview. 

Congratulations on your fast process! Me still waiting with no update on the old and new website :( Biometrics was January 9. 

5 hours ago, decfiler said:

Congratulations on your fast process! Me still waiting with no update on the old and new website :( Biometrics was January 9. 

You are not alone:) my bio was on Jan 4 and still waiting with no updates.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 hours ago, decfiler said:

My biometrics was Jan 9th too.  The estimate is 4-6 months. Ranging around 5.5 if thats right…Im wondering Is this 4-6 months supposed to begin from the bio apt, do you/anyone know?

7 minutes ago, Gem&Corey said:

My biometrics was Jan 9th too.  The estimate is 4-6 months. Ranging around 5.5 if thats right…Im wondering Is this 4-6 months supposed to begin from the bio apt, do you/anyone know?

EAD/AP is 4 to 6 months with most receiving approval at 5.5 months. You count from your Noa1 receipt date.

3 hours ago, l-h said:

Hi all. We had our interview today in BOS and we were approved 🥂 They said I should get the card in the mail in 2 weeks. I will leave a more detailed overview at the BOS office review page if anyone is interested. Also happy to help any other MA/BOS people preparing for their interview in the coming months.

Main takeaways: 

• they interviewed my husband (USC) first and wrote down all answers he gave
  • I was then asked to join him and they asked all the same questions to see if our answers matched
  • questions were pretty interesting, but everything you can easily answer if you actually live together as a couple (ie. who does the laundry 😂)
  • he didn't ask for any of the paperwork I was asked to bring to the interview.. I still showed him some proof like joint phone plan, joint account, joint health insurance.
  • At the end of the interview he just said we were approved and congratulated us. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting! 

Congratulations!! thanks for the info, helps me alot seeing as thats our field office too

Still no update for us, roll on estimated month of May for AP/EAD

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.