Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 hours ago, Raiden30 said:

Did the date in this email match the date listed on your USCIS account page for your application? I just received the same email but the date in the email says 2/12/19 while the latest update on my account page is from 1/24/19. 

Mine doesn’t match. On USCIS account says updated 12/12/2018,  while email today says updated last 02/12/2019.🙄

Edited by C💏A

Our processing time online from I-485 stated 17.5 to 20.5 months (San Francisco, CA Office)  😫 This did not make me feel better!

AND our processing time for `I-131 Travel Doc. stated 4-6 months. Ahhhh! This is so nerve wrecking. We have our wedding planned in the Dominican Republic for December 3, 2019.

Our NOA1 is 12/29/18, and biometrics were done 1/25/18. Haven't heard or seen an update since. Sighhhsss. 

Good luck to everyone on this same journey! 

1 minute ago, Vee_bay_bee said:

Our processing time online from I-485 stated 17.5 to 20.5 months (San Francisco, CA Office)  😫 This did not make me feel better!

AND our processing time for `I-131 Travel Doc. stated 4-6 months. Ahhhh! This is so nerve wrecking. We have our wedding planned in the Dominican Republic for December 3, 2019.

Our NOA1 is 12/29/18, and biometrics were done 1/25/18. Haven't heard or seen an update since. Sighhhsss. 

Good luck to everyone on this same journey! 

EAD and AP ARE 4 to 6 months with most coming at 5.5. Dont stress.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Mella said:

Hey everyone!!

So, I haven't been checking the forums often because the processing time for my office in Denver, CO is 9 to 24.5 months and I'd rather find something to occupy my time than stay checking everyday and worrying (like I did with K1 lol) BUT THIS MORNING at 10:45 a.m., I got a text message saying my case was updated so I went to check my USCIS account and lo and behold, my interview was scheduled and they will mail the interview notice. Now this would have been very exciting news except my husband is in the military and he just got orders TODAY for his new base. Oh and we leave this weekend.... for MARYLAND -_- 

What would you do? Change your address and "possibly" be bumped down to the end of the queue for the next processing office you'd be transferred to? OR Stay here, let him go, have him fly in for the interview (which from reading is usually a month or so after the notice - usually) and let them know of the address change at the interview, hoping they understand because it's the military and we have no control over his move.

I'd love to hear some opinions, thanks!

Edited to add:

AOS packet was sent December 22, 2018

NOA1 dated December 31, 2018

Biometrics appt was January 24, 2019

Wow!!! That was fast....and crazy timing! I just heard this morning too that we are scheduled for interview, when our estimate was  late August on. We filed Sep 18 and just got EAD an AP this week .

My suggestion off the top of my head would be let it be and have him fly back but others may know better. 

You say it's generally about a month from notification to appointment? That's what I came in to check...my son was about to book an extended trip back to UK over the summer so we will hold off and wait for the interview now.

Good luck!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

Noa1- Dec 27

Bio- Jan 17

Hi! We received RFE on 1/11 cause we didn’t meet the poverty guidelines for 2019. We still haven’t response to the RFE cause still waiting for the tax documents for this year. Will it pause or reset the timeline for my EAD and AP?

22 minutes ago, Karl kristian said:

AOS, EAD and AP

Noa1- Dec 27

Bio- Jan 17

Hi! We received RFE on 1/11 cause we didn’t meet the poverty guidelines for 2019. We still haven’t response to the RFE cause still waiting for the tax documents for this year. Will it pause or reset the timeline for my EAD and AP?

They can not ask for tax documents for 2019 yet. Its not due till the middle of April. 

About will it be paused, i am not sure. Maybe. 

25 minutes ago, Karl kristian said:

AOS, EAD and AP

Noa1- Dec 27

Bio- Jan 17

2019? 2018 is not even the most recent year until April 15th, 2019. You should tell us exactly what you did send and post your RFE if you'd like some help figuring out what you need to send.

1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

2019? 2018 is not even the most recent year until April 15th, 2019. You should tell us exactly what you did send and post your RFE if you'd like some help figuring out what you need to send.

Geeez, exactly, about 2019 we will worry in 2020 🤣

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Here’s my RFE 

9B49A9EA-69EF-4893-9DE1-C6F9D8BBF187.jpeg

1 minute ago, Karl kristian said:

Here’s my RFE 

9B49A9EA-69EF-4893-9DE1-C6F9D8BBF187.jpeg

But what exactly did you submit though?

Your 2017 Income Tax Transcripts (all pages and schedules) plus the W2s?

Did your 2017 income reported on that ITR meet the guidelines for your household size?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

But what exactly did you submit though?

Your 2017 Income Tax Transcripts (all pages and schedules) plus the W2s?

Did your 2017 income reported on that ITR meet the guidelines for your household size?

yes we submitted 2017 tax's, we didn't meet cause wife changed her job, already filed for the recent year also thinking of having a co sponsor.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Karl kristian said:

yes we submitted 2017 tax's, we didn't meet cause wife changed her job, already filed for the recent year also thinking of having a co sponsor.

is it okay to submit the most recent tax documents along with the co sponsors affid of support?

19 minutes ago, Karl kristian said:

How come you submitted 2017 ITRs without a joint sponsor then if she changed jobs and did not meet the guidelines?

Does she meet the guidelines with her 2018 income?

Or will you need a Joint Sponsor?

10 minutes ago, Karl kristian said:

is it okay to submit the most recent tax documents along with the co sponsors affid of support?

If you are using a Joint Sponsor, they would fill out their own I864 and submit their ITRs (all pages and schedules) plus W2s (or 1099s) for the most recent tax year. 2017 is acceptable now (and up until April 15th) if they havent filed 2018 yet or if they HAVE filed 2018, they can submit 2018. After April 15th, 2018 will be considered the most recent tax year and 2017 will no longer be accepted as the most recent tax year.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/27/2019 at 1:14 PM, Helen Quail said:

Wow!!! That was fast....and crazy timing! I just heard this morning too that we are scheduled for interview, when our estimate was  late August on. We filed Sep 18 and just got EAD an AP this week .

My suggestion off the top of my head would be let it be and have him fly back but others may know better. 

You say it's generally about a month from notification to appointment? That's what I came in to check...my son was about to book an extended trip back to UK over the summer so we will hold off and wait for the interview now.

Good luck!!

Thanks for replying!! Yes crazy timing indeed!! I really would love to go that route, but I think I’m going to call USCIS to make sure we do the right thing. These things can be tricky. Thank you!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.