Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ParentsPROCESS said:

Wow! How can I find mine??

Its on main visajourney page on the right side or once a week you will get an email. 

Mine is way past due;)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline
10 hours ago, AnJay said:

Its on main visajourney page on the right side or once a week you will get an email. 

Mine is way past due;)

Soon we can call and ask about ours if the cards don't show up in the mail...

Edited by bebkay

AoS Timeline:

12/12/18 Mailed AoS + EAD + AP

12/14/18 Package delivered at Chicago Lockbox

12/20/18 Text notifications received 

12/24/18 NOA1 received 

12/31/18 Biometrics Appointment letter received. Scheduled for 1/9/19

01/03/19 Biometrics walk-in done

06/18/19 Interview was scheduled

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, ParentsPROCESS said:

Wow! How can I find mine??

It was send by email. However, you can see your on “my timeline”.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, bebkay said:

Soon we can call and ask about ours if the cards don't show up in the mail...

No, you cannot. It’s a prediction form VJ and not from USCIS. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline
1 minute ago, Edgar Sousa272 said:

No, you cannot. It’s a prediction form VJ and not from USCIS. 

Yes I know that. But the date for case inquiry is now end of September so in about a month and a half most Dec filers who haven't gotten their combo cards can start calling to see what's going on

AoS Timeline:

12/12/18 Mailed AoS + EAD + AP

12/14/18 Package delivered at Chicago Lockbox

12/20/18 Text notifications received 

12/24/18 NOA1 received 

12/31/18 Biometrics Appointment letter received. Scheduled for 1/9/19

01/03/19 Biometrics walk-in done

06/18/19 Interview was scheduled

Timeline
3 minutes ago, bebkay said:

Yes I know that. But the date for case inquiry is now end of September so in about a month and a half most Dec filers who haven't gotten their combo cards can start calling to see what's going on

I hope any of us need to do it. 

Let be optimistic! Lol 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey guys, I received my Notice of Action today I'm the mailbox and my interview for AOS has been scheduled for May 21st. I am so happy that this phase of the journey is almost over. My interview is at Halethorpe, Baltimore, MD.

Anyone from Maryland with same scheduled date for interview at same place?

Again, this is NOT EXPEDITED!

My EAD is still undecided by USCIS.

Wanted to post my experience in case it can help anyone else!

I called last week (Monday) to request an expedite on my AP on the basis of severe financial loss (we have a wedding celebration planned in end of May). We had to call several times before we could figure out how to reach a person- we eventually reached someone by going through as though I was updating my address. Be prepared to provide an explanation as to how you qualify for one of the expedite requirements.

On Thursday I got an email requesting me to fax in proof, but then only a few hours later I got another email that said ‘Please ignore previous email. We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly.’

I was really confused as to what this meant, because how could they be reviewing our case if we hadn’t been able to send in proof yet? Today I got the update on the old site for my EAD case number that my card is being produced! I saw from reading on here that most people only see the EAD case update when the combo card is being sent out, so our best guess is that they didn’t wait for our expedite proof because our case was already being looked at for regular processing times? VJ said we were passed due, but I guess we have no way of knowing whether the expedite request sped us up at all. Either way I am so relieved to finally see an update after 144 days! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
10 hours ago, Real_Hubby said:

Hey guys, I received my Notice of Action today I'm the mailbox and my interview for AOS has been scheduled for May 21st. I am so happy that this phase of the journey is almost over. My interview is at Halethorpe, Baltimore, MD.

Anyone from Maryland with same scheduled date for interview at same place?

Again, this is NOT EXPEDITED!

My EAD is still undecided by USCIS.

Congrats 

9 hours ago, brittanymitchell said:

Wanted to post my experience in case it can help anyone else!

I called last week (Monday) to request an expedite on my AP on the basis of severe financial loss (we have a wedding celebration planned in end of May). We had to call several times before we could figure out how to reach a person- we eventually reached someone by going through as though I was updating my address. Be prepared to provide an explanation as to how you qualify for one of the expedite requirements.

On Thursday I got an email requesting me to fax in proof, but then only a few hours later I got another email that said ‘Please ignore previous email. We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly.’

I was really confused as to what this meant, because how could they be reviewing our case if we hadn’t been able to send in proof yet? Today I got the update on the old site for my EAD case number that my card is being produced! I saw from reading on here that most people only see the EAD case update when the combo card is being sent out, so our best guess is that they didn’t wait for our expedite proof because our case was already being looked at for regular processing times? VJ said we were passed due, but I guess we have no way of knowing whether the expedite request sped us up at all. Either way I am so relieved to finally see an update after 144 days! 

@themarketa

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Edgar Sousa272 said:

Interview was  Scheduled!!! We are so happy to announce it.

Today I I got notification through the app ( I didn’t received any text message not email).

case received on December 21, 2018.

biometric done on January 17, 2019.

“Case is ready to be scheduled interview” on April 17, 2019

Interview was scheduled” on April 23, 2019.

Tampa, Fl - Office.

Congratulations. Welcome to the club. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Edgar Sousa272 said:

Interview was  Scheduled!!! We are so happy to announce it.

Today I I got notification through the app ( I didn’t received any text message not email).

case received on December 21, 2018.

biometric done on January 17, 2019.

“Case is ready to be scheduled interview” on April 17, 2019

Interview was scheduled” on April 23, 2019.

Tampa, Fl - Office.

CONGRATULATIONS 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Case was received December 13th, biometrics was January 2nd, my status is sitting at “fingerprint fee was received”

I’m starting to get very nervous, and I don’t even know what I’m looking/waiting for at this point. Will a combo card come first, or a NOA and an interview date? And are they both just going to show up in the mail one day? I’ve read that myUSCIS doesn’t update sometimes, which is really frustrating.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.