dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2018

410 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
8 minutes ago, Shan2019 said:

My Lawyer did everything. He asked for my checking account info. Thats what he did. He did uploaded AOS but other documents were emailed because CEAC did said either to email or mail. And after 13 days case is closed. So I am  not sure how did you upload documents. Because i remember seeing CEAC asking either to email or mail. 

May be its different case to case. The NVC status does shows me to email the documents but I have already uploaded them to CEAC , do I have to email them as well? I am planning to call them on Monday to clarify this.

visajourney.jpg

visajourney2.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, sarav said:

May be its different case to case. The NVC status does shows me to email the documents but I have already uploaded them to CEAC , do I have to email them as well? I am planning to call them on Monday to clarify this.

visajourney.jpg

visajourney2.jpg

It could be that NVC is reviewing your documents. You should Call NVC and find out they know much more than CEAC site. It could be that they received all documents yet they are reviewing. So you should call them to find out. 

May be its different from case to case. See this is what we did:

visajourney2.thumb.jpg.47326268836eece2c01046d6d3678174.jpg.7d9016daf70f5905b986013f496f6e80.jpg

March 6, 2018: i-130 petition filed.

March 14, 2018: i-130 Petition received. (8 days)

October 15, 2018: i-130 Petition approved. (7 months, 1 day)

October 17, 2018: Case sent to NVC. (2 days)

October 25, 2018: Case received at NVC. (8 days)

December 4, 2018: NVC case# Generated. (1 month, 9 days)

December 5, 2018: Fee paid online. (1 day)

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

December 20, 2018: Case closed. (13 days)

January 8, 2019: Interview Scheduled. (19 days)

February 26, 2019: Interview. (49 days) ....Pending....

7 minutes ago, Shan2019 said:

It could be that NVC is reviewing your documents. You should Call NVC and find out they know much more than CEAC site. It could be that they received all documents yet they are reviewing. So you should call them to find out. 

May be its different from case to case. See this is what we did:

Did you also submitted the Civil Documents in CEAC as shown in my previous screenshot?

48 minutes ago, sarav said:

Did you also submitted the Civil Documents in CEAC as shown in my previous screenshot?

I just emailed NVCelectronic at state.gov as per instruction at https://nvc.state.gov/submit

I figured it shouldn't take much time to email them So I submitted my Civil Documents  in CEAC and emailed them as well because of the confusing status. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, sarav said:

I just emailed NVCelectronic at state.gov as per instruction at https://nvc.state.gov/submit

I figured it shouldn't take much time to email them So I submitted my Civil Documents  in CEAC and emailed them as well because of the confusing status. 

Also make sure to call them tomorrow morning. You wanna make it 100% sure that everything is good.

1 minute ago, polar2018 said:

Thanks. But case is still in 'IN Process status' after 2 days. Probably delayed due to weekend.

Yes Could be.

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

Timeline

Called NVC they are closed due to Federal Holidays :(

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs said:

Trump declared 24 and 25 as holiday for all federal employees,it will open on Wednesday. You were lucky you got ur case number sooner now its taking 7-8 weeks

Just found the news. Thanks.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-providing-closing-executive-departments-agencies-federal-government-december-24-2018/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 hours ago, G502 said:

@Airmanis you case closed? I uploaded documents on the 18th no answer still. 

I think its too early to be case closed for 18th. Mine was submitted on 13th and i am expecting to be closed before new year but it might be well after new year too. Lets keep each other updated. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.