dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2018

410 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Xia said:

Me and my wife debated uploading her 18 year old son's CENOMAR to NVC but my wife insisted it was not needed, his documents are still being reviewed after we got an RFE at NVC asking for my divorce decree to my ex-wife so were not sure if they will ask for the CENOMAR. I told my wife she needs to get his CENOMAR but she said its not needed till the embassy interview, then we will bring his CENOMAR to the embassy interview in case they ask. Her daughter is only age 10, shes a minor and cannot legally marry so I doubt they will ask for her CENOMAR.

Hope it is ready in case they ask. Thanks for the info. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, ScarletSnow said:

Hope it is ready in case they ask. Thanks for the info. 

If NVC asks for his CENOMAR we'll send him to Vigan City PSA same day, then have him scan and email it to us so we can upload it quickly.

I-130 IR2 Child of US Citizen (Pivot Case)
2018-02-19  ●  I-130 Petition Mailed to USCIS Phoenix
2018-02-22  ●  USCIS: NOA1 petition Received/priority Date, Delivered to Phoenix
2018-02-28  ●  USCIS: Petition routed to USCIS Nebraska Service Center for processing
2018-03-03  ●  USCIS: NOA1 I-797C Hard Copy Letter Received
2018-10-01  ●  USCIS: NOA2 Petition approved (221 days after NOA1)
2018-10-03  ●  USCIS: NOA2 Email Notification
2018-10-05  ●  USCIS: NOA2 I-797 Hard Copy Letter Received
2018-10-15  ●  USCIS: Case Was Sent To The Department of State for visa processing
2018-10-22  ●  
NVC: Petition received (21 days after NOA2)
2018-11-23  ●  
NVC: Embassy Case Number Created (32 days after NVC Petition received) (6:04am PST)
2018-11-26  ●  
NVCAOS and IV Fees SUBMITTED (9:30am PST)
2018-11-27  ●  
NVCAOS and IV Fees RECEIVED (5:00am PST)
2018-11-28  ●  
NVCAOS  and IV Fees PAID (1:30pm PST)
2018-11-29  ●  
NVC: DS-260 COMPLETED SUBMITTED
2018-11-30  ●  
NVC: Affidavit of Support and Civil Documents SUBMITTED

2018-12-11  ●  NVC: RFE marriage termination documents for Petitioner (Stepson)

2018-12-11  ●  NVC: Marriage termination documents SUBMITTED (Stepson & Stepdaughter)

2018-12-12  ●  NVC: Email: Fees, Forms, and Documents ACCEPTED (Stepdaughter)

2018-12-27  ●  NVC: Email: Fees, Forms, and Documents ACCEPTED (Stepson)

2019-01-08  ●  NVC: Email: Interview date scheduled for FEBRUARY 04, 2019 at 09:10 AM (Stepson & Stepdaughter)

2019-01-13  ●  SLEC Medical Exam  (Stepson & Stepdaughter)

2019-02-04  ●  EMBASSY: Interview Manila Philippines 09:10 AM (Me Petitioner, Stepson & Stepdaughter)
2019-02-04  ●  EMBASSY: 221g IRS Tax Transcripts mandatory required (Stepson & Stepdaughter)
2019-02-04  ●  CEAC: Administrative Processing
2019-02-05  ●  IRS: Tax Transcripts ordered, postal mail delivery
2019-02-12  ●  IRS: Tax Transcripts received by postal mail
2019-02-13  ●  EMBASSY: IRS Tax Transcripts delivered to 2GO MoA (Stepson & Stepdaughter)
2019-02-15  ●  CEAC: Case Updated. IRS Tax Transcripts delivered to embassy? (Stepson & Stepdaughter)
2019-02-21  ●  CEAC: Case Updated. (Stepson & Stepdaughter)
2019-02-28  ●  CEAC: Case Updated, status: Ready (Stepson & Stepdaughter)
2019-02-28  ●  CEAC: Case Updated, status: Visa Issued (Stepson & Stepdaughter)
2019-03-04  ●  USTRAVELDOCS: In Transit From Post
2019-03-04  ●  2GO Courier: Your passport is ready for pick up at 2GO SM MALL OF ASIA
2019-03-05  ●  Visa on Hand, picked up at 11:30am
2019-03-06  ●  CFO seminar scheduled for 9:30am (Stepson)
2019-03-06  ●  Flight: Departure Manila Philippines to Los Angeles CA (Me Petitioner, Stepson, & Stepdaughter)

2019-03-11  ●  USCIS: Immigrant fee PAID

2019-03-16  ●  SSA: Social Security cards delivered

2019-03-23  ●  USCIS: 10 year Permanent Resident cards delivered

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I just received a notification my case was sent to the department of State today. 

It was in Potomac, NOA2 Dec 1st 

How long it will take for the Nvc to receive my case? 

1 hour ago, Eddyrhn said:

I just received a notification my case was sent to the department of State today. 

They got mine in 10 days. Based on other timelines here the average is 3 weeks. You can call once a week if you’d like. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, Eddyrhn said:

Mine was recvd in 4 days , just call after 7 calendar days to find out when they rcvd. it.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello,

Does anyone have a case where NVC received in November and have gotten a case number yet? I just would like to estimate instead of bothering them everyday. They received the case November 21st. Also does Christmas time have a tremendous impact on NVC processing? 

2 hours ago, josie125 said:

Hello,

Does anyone have a case where NVC received in November and have gotten a case number yet? I just would like to estimate instead of bothering them everyday. They received the case November 21st. Also does Christmas time have a tremendous impact on NVC processing? 

Wait 5-6 weeks after NVC received 

After obtaining my Naturalization certificate, I have sent to NVC to upgrade my petition visa category. While introducing the i-130 application my son was not born, but I was able to add him as a derivative while completing the NVC steps ( paid fee for my wife and son, filled ds260 for both and uploaded both civil documents ). My surprise was indescribable when I received the visa upgrade confirmation. I was asked to file a separate i-130 as my son was no longer eligible as a derivative under the new category (IR). Is there any option to file the new i-130 in such as a way to get it to expedited as my other wife case is very advanced at the NVC? any contribution will be helpful. thanks 

the message below was received:

We received the petitioner's proof of citizenship and upgraded the visa classification of your petition.  Please see the new visa classification below.

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) does not allow derivative status to family members of immediate relatives. IR1, CR1, CR2, IR2, and IR5 classifications are immediate relative visa categories. This means that a spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21 and a parent of a U.S. citizen require their own individual petition in order to immigrate to the U.S.

For information about how to submit a new visa petition for an immediate relative, please contact the Department of Homeland Security's office of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration services (USCIS).

USCIS Contact Information:

Telephone: 1-800-375-5283

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just updating you guys, I paid the fees last Thursday night, and it showed "paid" this Wednesday, basically 4 business days 🙂

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hello everyone!! Just called NVC at 7 am sharp eastern time. Didn’t even have to wait at all , was immediately communicated with an agent. So I advise to call at that time. The very nice lady told me that they’ve received my case yesterday 12/13/2018 , and to wait 8 weeks now. So the waiting has officially begun!! So excited!! 

On 12/11/2018 at 7:30 PM, Dann2018 said:

I've seen some people getting an interview  date, 5 days 1 and 2 weeks after case been completed, it seens they have differents days to schedule interviews every month. lets wait for some good news this week.

On 12/11/2018 at 7:30 PM, Dann2018 said:

I've seen some people getting an interview  date, 5 days 1 and 2 weeks after case been completed, it seens they have differents days to schedule interviews every month. lets wait for some good news this week.

Ok cool. That's good to know. I am waiting for my case to be closed. Please keep us posted when you get your interview scheduled. I wanted to follow your timeline but it's not letting me. Cheers

I am a pivot case (online document upload). I just got an email this morning saying my case is closed. I submitted all documents to NVC on Sunday Dec. 2nd, 2018 and case got closed today/yesterday. I hope this is helpful to those wondering how long it will take NVC to close case after document submission.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline
38 minutes ago, VALU said:

I am a pivot case (online document upload). I just got an email this morning saying my case is closed. I submitted all documents to NVC on Sunday Dec. 2nd, 2018 and case got closed today/yesterday. I hope this is helpful to those wondering how long it will take NVC to close case after document submission.

Thank you @VALU. This is helpful info as I was looking for what to except. I submitted all documents to NVC yesterday and hoping to hear something back before new year, or may be not due to holidays.

Edited by Airman

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 hours ago, josie125 said:

Hello,

Took about 5 weeks for me 

March 6, 2018: i-130 petition filed.

March 14, 2018: i-130 Petition received. (8 days)

October 15, 2018: i-130 Petition approved. (7 months, 1 day)

October 17, 2018: Case sent to NVC. (2 days)

October 25, 2018: Case received at NVC. (8 days)

December 4, 2018: NVC case# Generated. (1 month, 9 days)

December 5, 2018: Fee paid online. (1 day)

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

December 20, 2018: Case closed. (13 days)

January 8, 2019: Interview Scheduled. (19 days)

February 26, 2019: Interview. (49 days) ....Pending....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.