dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2018

410 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Linofaso said:

After obtaining my Naturalization certificate, I have sent to NVC to upgrade my petition visa category. While introducing the i-130 application my son was not born, but I was able to add him as a derivative while completing the NVC steps ( paid fee for my wife and son, filled ds260 for both and uploaded both civil documents ). My surprise was indescribable when I received the visa upgrade confirmation. I was asked to file a separate i-130 as my son was no longer eligible as a derivative under the new category (IR). Is there any option to file the new i-130 in such as a way to get it to expedited as my other wife case is very advanced at the NVC? any contribution will be helpful. thanks 

the message below was received:

We received the petitioner's proof of citizenship and upgraded the visa classification of your petition.  Please see the new visa classification below.

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) does not allow derivative status to family members of immediate relatives. IR1, CR1, CR2, IR2, and IR5 classifications are immediate relative visa categories. This means that a spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21 and a parent of a U.S. citizen require their own individual petition in order to immigrate to the U.S.

For information about how to submit a new visa petition for an immediate relative, please contact the Department of Homeland Security's office of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration services (USCIS).

USCIS Contact Information:

Telephone: 1-800-375-5283

That is correct, The immigration and Nationality act does not allow  adding derivative or ''follow to joint'' family members. however, if you were already a US citizen when your son was born, your child (not stepchild) qualify for citizenship through you as a US citizen section (301)C of immigration and Nationality act( no need to file a new petition). This can be done at the US embassy/ Consulate General overseas filing forms : FS-240,DS3053,DS550,DS11. an appointment need to be schedule, which is very easy and faster. your child can even get  his/her US passport before NVC complete/close the case of the already approved petition.You, your child and his/her mother need to be present at the US embassy. please bring  proof of citizenship, your tax return/ transcrip for the last 5 years(the tax return must be downloaded from the IRS website), 2 passport picture, his/her mother birth certificate, the child birth certificate and 2 passport picture of your child. theis process is cheaper and faster.

Edited by Dann2018

Timeline
14 hours ago, josie125 said:

Hello,

Does anyone have a case where NVC received in November and have gotten a case number yet? I just would like to estimate instead of bothering them everyday. They received the case November 21st. Also does Christmas time have a tremendous impact on NVC processing? 

Im still waiting, my case was received November 7th

Hi all,

Our case had been submitted on Dec, 6th and paid AOS & IV fees on same day. Question, if I log in to the CEAC website and it says 'PAID' does that mean NVC has received/processed the payment?

Thank you

3 hours ago, VALU said:

I am a pivot case (online document upload). I just got an email this morning saying my case is closed. I submitted all documents to NVC on Sunday Dec. 2nd, 2018 and case got closed today/yesterday. I hope this is helpful to those wondering how long it will take NVC to close case after document submission.

Good to know. And from previous posts your spouse is in DR as well. My case was received dec 7th and hopefully it goes as fast as yours did. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone,

i have submitted all the AOS and civil documents online  on 23rd November 2018 on ceac site. Still not seeing any updates. Calling at NVC says all documents are fine and under review.

Is there anyone who submitted documents long back and waiting for confirmation like me ????

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Layanis J said:

Does anyone know if NVC will be closed just Christmas Day and New Years Day. Or are they off those two whole weeks ? 

Just Christmas and New Years. NVC is a US Federal Agency. They are only closed on US Federal holidays. 

March 6, 2018: i-130 petition filed.

March 14, 2018: i-130 Petition received. (8 days)

October 15, 2018: i-130 Petition approved. (7 months, 1 day)

October 17, 2018: Case sent to NVC. (2 days)

October 25, 2018: Case received at NVC. (8 days)

December 4, 2018: NVC case# Generated. (1 month, 9 days)

December 5, 2018: Fee paid online. (1 day)

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

December 20, 2018: Case closed. (13 days)

January 8, 2019: Interview Scheduled. (19 days)

February 26, 2019: Interview. (49 days) ....Pending....

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 hours ago, aiyito said:

Im still waiting, my case was received November 7th

I do hope we all get case numbers soon. It seems they are behind. I have two cases and one took 3 weeks to get a case number in October but I see it's been taking longer. Hope for the best then!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, josie125 said:

I do hope we all get case numbers soon. It seems they are behind. I have two cases and one took 3 weeks to get a case number in October but I see it's been taking longer. Hope for the best then!

Yes I know I'm following your timelines to get a reference, I hope we have the number soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Shan2019 said:

Just Christmas and New Years. NVC is a US Federal Agency. They are only closed on US Federal holidays. 

Good to hear!! Thank you so much!! I still have a long wait anyways , my wait just begun. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, aiyito said:

Yes I know I'm following your timelines to get a reference, I hope we have the number soon.

I'll be following yours too so I know what to expect, thank you for your help!

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Layanis J said:

Good to hear!! Thank you so much!! I still have a long wait anyways , my wait just begun. 

I am following a lot of time lines. For me personally it took 5 Weeks 5 Days to get case number. Then I paid fee and submitted documents. Now I am waiting. Now when I see others time lines its about 10 days to get case closed and then 2-3 weeks interview letter (Most are about 2.5 weeks)

March 6, 2018: i-130 petition filed.

March 14, 2018: i-130 Petition received. (8 days)

October 15, 2018: i-130 Petition approved. (7 months, 1 day)

October 17, 2018: Case sent to NVC. (2 days)

October 25, 2018: Case received at NVC. (8 days)

December 4, 2018: NVC case# Generated. (1 month, 9 days)

December 5, 2018: Fee paid online. (1 day)

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

December 20, 2018: Case closed. (13 days)

January 8, 2019: Interview Scheduled. (19 days)

February 26, 2019: Interview. (49 days) ....Pending....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline
12 hours ago, NickBo said:

Hi all,

Our case had been submitted on Dec, 6th and paid AOS & IV fees on same day. Question, if I log in to the CEAC website and it says 'PAID' does that mean NVC has received/processed the payment?

Thank you

Yes, if it shows 'Paid', your payment is accepted, processed and completed. You can begin uploading documents and start DS260.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.