1,198 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, daniel4310 said:

Got my bio done Tuesday. Was in and out in less than 15min. Wondering how long it’ll take until my case updates lol. Currently getting stuff ready for my N400 online application. My window open in less than 3 weeks. 

Update. My status just changed to fingerprint review was completed as of nov 6th. I guess now we’ll see if I get either RFE, approval, or interview lol. 

ROC/N400

12/01/18... I751 mailed to Dallas Lockbox 

12/04/18... Package delivered 

12/07/18... Received text message with case number 

01/22/19... Reiceved 18 months extension in mail

11/04/19... Bio done at Tampa Office 

11/06/19... Fingerprint Review was Completed

12/01/19... APPLIED FOR N400 WITH PENDING I-751

12/01/19... NOA Case received and case nr

12/03/19... I751 got transferred to NVC

12/07/19... Received BIO appointment letter for N400

12/27/19... Bio for N400

02/11/20... Interview scheduled for N400

I got my Biometrics done November 7th.  Just got email stating fingerprint review was completed as of the 7th. Wife literally moved out while i was at work a couple weeks ago. Been wondering if i should file a waiver as we are not divorced. I don't know what to do now, She's absolutely filing for a divorce. 

For everyone thinking about applying for N400. Looks like starting December 2nd of this year the fee will go up from $640 to $1170. So if you can apply before that I would!!! I-751 going up from $595 to $760 

ROC/N400

12/01/18... I751 mailed to Dallas Lockbox 

12/04/18... Package delivered 

12/07/18... Received text message with case number 

01/22/19... Reiceved 18 months extension in mail

11/04/19... Bio done at Tampa Office 

11/06/19... Fingerprint Review was Completed

12/01/19... APPLIED FOR N400 WITH PENDING I-751

12/01/19... NOA Case received and case nr

12/03/19... I751 got transferred to NVC

12/07/19... Received BIO appointment letter for N400

12/27/19... Bio for N400

02/11/20... Interview scheduled for N400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
56 minutes ago, daniel4310 said:

For everyone thinking about applying for N400. Looks like starting December 2nd of this year the fee will go up from $640 to $1170. So if you can apply before that I would!!! I-751 going up from $595 to $760 

I don't think the effective date of December 2 is accurate.  As I understand it, the Notice of Proposed Rule Making is supposed to be published in the Federal Register November 14.  Then there is a  30 day public review period for comments.  Anyway, increased rates are going to happen, it's just a matter of when.  

Timeline

As of February 4, 2019, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EACxxx, at our Vermont Service Center location.

This is the only thing we have for our case. We called multiple times in past months, but they had no update just that it's still within time frame. We traveled overseas in the summer and came back with Extention Letter (no questions were asked - JFK). Not worried much, but would be great if there was any movement 

I cleaned My Timeline. Hope nobody minds

I received a letter from USCIS in January that they will reuse my fingerprints so I was surprised when I looked in my mailbox yesterday to find a fingerprints appointment for the 4th of Nov. I have informed delivery USPS and the letter didn't show up. I have a number of emails saying they don't have an image of the letter tho. But since I wasn't expecting a fingerprint appointment I didn't check. Plus USPS has been doing this to all my mail for two weeks. Not showing images at all. 

Anyway, I saw that it had been recently delivery since it was the third top letter and freaked out when I saw I had missed it. Went to the ASC only to find it closed for the day. Went early morning today again and the guard let me sit and wait for an opening. I was there for 2 hours before I managed to find an opening . They took my fingerprints in 20 mins after that and I was off. A few mins ago USCIS updated that they received my fingerprints. Same day update.

So moral of the story is, don't believe if USCIS sends you a letter saying that it won't need fingerprints. You might need to. Second, try to go for a walk-in early morning if you miss it. I was the first one there who had missed an appointment and had to wait. There were 4 others after me and a few even left. There is no time guarantee but if you can wait a few hours, it's better than waiting 5-8 weeks for rescheduling. 

Edited by Rabee
Typo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Rabee said:

I received a letter from USCIS in January that they will reuse my fingerprints so I was surprised when I looked in my mailbox yesterday to find a fingerprints appointment for the 4th of Nov. I have informed delivery USPS and the letter didn't show up. I have a number of emails saying they don't have an image of the letter tho. But since I wasn't expecting a fingerprint appointment I didn't check. Plus USPS has been doing this to all my mail for two weeks. Not showing images at all. 

Anyway, I saw that it had been recently delivery since it was the third top letter and freaked out when I saw I had missed it. Went to the ASC only to find it closed for the day. Went early morning today again and the guard let me sit and wait for an opening. I was there for 2 hours before I managed to find an opening . They took my fingerprints in 20 mins after that and I was off. A few mins ago USCIS updated that they received my fingerprints. Same day update.

So moral of the story is, don't believe if USCIS sends you a letter saying that it won't need fingerprints. You might need to. Second, try to go for a walk-in early morning if you miss it. I was the first one there who had missed an appointment and had to wait. There were 4 others after me and a few even left. There is no time guarantee but if you can wait a few hours, it's better than waiting 5-8 weeks for rescheduling. 

Biometrics are usually only valid for 15 months, meaning the absolute majority of ROC filers will have their biometrics done again, so that's not a surprise at all.

The so called "biometrics waived" letters usually don't mean anything. My theory is that those letters are only sent out to keep the crazies from calling USCIS when they freak out after not having received a biometrics appointment the first month after filing. We see these crazies in these threads all the time, they call and bug USCIS and send inquiries about not having gotten a biometrics appointment yet, and I believe USCIS are trying to keep these people away by sending out some kind of letter to calm them down. Once the biometrics are needed, they send out an actual biometrics letter. 

Happy to hear that things worked out fine for you, good thing they agreed to let you have your biometrics done. I tend to go for an early walk-in whenever I need to give my biometrics, it's nice to have it done and I can just walk in on a day that fits me instead of having to go on the date they gave me (that often doesn't work for me anyway for some reason).

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

On 11/14/2019 at 1:03 PM, Mamed said:

As of February 4, 2019, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EACxxx, at our Vermont Service Center location.

This is the only thing we have for our case. We called multiple times in past months, but they had no update just that it's still within time frame. We traveled overseas in the summer and came back with Extention Letter (no questions were asked - JFK). Not worried much, but would be great if there was any movement 

Hi, did they tell you go to the secondary inspection because you only have the extension letter and expired green cards? or just normal procedures like other people.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, cammi9988 said:

Hi, did they tell you to go to the secondary inspection because you only have the extension letter and expired green cards? or just normal procedures like other people.

I honestly don't know what the secondary inspection is, but I'll say what we did. 

We went through Citizens only line, and when I scanned my passport I got a receipt type of paper from the machine, for wife we got a note to see a staff because her card was expired. 

The staff put us on another very short line. There the officer (in the booth) took my receipt, her GC card, and the extension letter. He didn't ask any questions about her status and we passed through in ~5 minutes. 

Hope this helps. Make sure you grab the expired card and the original extension letter. 

Edited by Mamed

I cleaned My Timeline. Hope nobody minds

7 minutes ago, Mamed said:

I honestly don't know what the secondary inspection is, but I'll say what we did. 

We went through Citizens only line, and when I scanned my passport I got a receipt type of paper from the machine, for wife we got a note to see a staff because her card was expired. 

The staff put us on another very short line. There the officer (in the booth) took my receipt, her GC card, and the extension letter. He didn't ask any questions about her status and we passed through in ~5 minutes. 

Hope this helps. Make sure you grab the expired card and the original extension letter. 

Thanks,  you did not, because you both directed to the same officer. The secondary inspection is in another small lobby, where they will ask you questions, and make you wait there for at lease 20mins to verify the authenticity of the extension letter.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Happy to let other December filers know that our GC is being produced!  Mailed Nov 28th 2018, received Dec 3rd 2018, biometrics in July 2019, and status just changed today to Card Being Produced (11/20) -- with no interview required! Case was at LIN.

Good luck all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.