1,198 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

Yes wait. Why even contact them about it? I mean if they want it from you they will contact you. 

I believe that it is a mistake to just wait 2-3 months for them to contact me when it could very likely  be that they already mailed an appointment letter but that it got lost in the mail. It does not hurt to contact them and see what is going in, this is not 2 weeks after receiving extension letter, it's two months.

I have read on the forum that a lot of people receive their appointment letter even before their extension letter.

So, i encourage anyone to contact uscis and not find oneself in a situation where mail got lost and they did not go to their appointment because of that- avoiding trouble down the road.  You really do not make any sense when you say "wait for them to contact you", are they going to give me a call or send me an email when the appointment is made? If so perfect, however ,I believe they only sent appointment letter, and do not take this personally, but your suggestion is not a good one.

We pay money ,spend time on this, stress, wait, and this is not a step where you are waiting for them to make a decission and you just have to wait - they already mailed an extension letter and the next, if not immediate, step is to have the fingerprint done-if they require, if not, then i want a confirmation that they do not need it. 

Again, I contact them to make sure that no appointment has been made for me and no letter has been mailed or lost - because i did not receive any, yet.

Edited by asls

California

NOA1 - 19/01/2016

NOA2 approved - 22/03/2016

NVC status - READY - 20/04, 2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 minutes ago, vmix said:

Our status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

"we are ready to schedule your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxx"

did anyone else's status changed as well?

That's great! What is your local office? Do they have a long or short wait? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 4/4/2019 at 4:53 PM, vmix said:

Chicago. Haven't checked the wait.

We got the same notification today. My local office is also Chicago.

Additionally, I check the USCIS case tracker app and most cases around our case number also have the same status.

Could the status update be an error?

Edited by mmkshah

12/26/2015 Got Married

Our CR1 Journey

2/4/2016 - I-130 file and documents mailed to Chicago Lockbox

2/9/2016 - Received NOA1 via text and email

2/15/2016 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/18/2016 to 6/1/2016 - Visited wife in india

8/11/2016 - Received NOA 2 via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

8/22/2016 - Received NOA 2 in mail

9/6/2016 - Case was sent to NVC (received text & email)

9/12/2016 - NVC received our Case from USCIS... wait continues for NVC case number

9/27/2016 - Submitted -261 and paid AOS fee

9/29/2016 - Received and paid IV fee

10/9/2016 - Submitted DS-260

10/15/2016 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

10/19/2016 - Scan Date

12/07/2016 - Case Completed

12/27/16 - Interview date received over the phone

12/30/16 - P4 letter received

02/03/2016 - Interview, VISA APPROVED!!!:jest::jest:

On 4/5/2019 at 5:36 PM, mmkshah said:

We got the same notification today. My local office is also Chicago.

Additionally, I check the USCIS case tracker app and most cases around our case number also have the same status.

Could the status update be an error?

Hopefully it's an error. There was no RFE or anything. It went straight to interview. Let's what happens next.

On 4/4/2019 at 2:46 PM, Georgia16 said:

That's great! What is your local office? Do they have a long or short wait? 

I’m from the California office. And all I got was the 18 month extension in December and a notice that my biometrics will be used from prior filings. We’ve already been to an interview. To obtain the temporary card.  Some people are saying if you’ve gone already-most likely they just send a new card in the mail. 

I am starting to see some patterns of petitions filled after Dec. 10th, for those of you who came to the US via CR1 immigrant visa and had their interview in their home country, the case goes directly to MSC center and eventually status gets updated for scheduling an interview without any RFE. Basically, CR1 applicants are looking get interviewed by default per this new pattern I am seeing. Please share if you don't fall into CR1 category and your case was assigned at MSC center directly.

Nebraska Service Center I-751 Filers:

Let's go to this thread to share and discuss our processing timelines:

👆 Let's go to this thread to discuss the timelines in Nebraska (LIN) center! 👆

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Found this on the old case status site today but no mention of it on the new case myaccount site.  Very surprising but now curious when an interview will be scheduled.  Purchased lots of airline tickets for international travel not expecting anything for about a year.

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

As of April 4, 2019, we are ready to schedule your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number MSC1990XXXXXX, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

2 hours ago, gregcrs2 said:
Found this on the old case status site today but no mention of it on the new case myaccount site.  Very surprising but now curious when an interview will be scheduled.  Purchased lots of airline tickets for international travel not expecting anything for about a year.

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

As of April 4, 2019, we are ready to schedule your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number MSC1990XXXXXX, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Did you have an interview getting your conditional card? 

1 hour ago, laloo0695 said:

That’s the main question. I had an interview when I first applied and now hoping to bypass that step. Where did you file? I filed in California Mid December.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, laloo0695 said:

Came to USA on a CR1.  So had no interview by USCIS for conditional Green Card. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.