1,198 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2019 at 12:25 PM, Georgia16 said:

My two letters was oddly enough 2 new extension letters. Exactly the same. 

Me too! I got 4 letters from uscis today. 2 extensions. (I already received one weeks ago) This time it said fee received  instead of waived. One was an original and one a copy. Then a new bio apt to replace the one they sent last week that had already passed, and then a receipt for payment saying no biometrics needed at this time!! I think they have lost their minds over there!!

• Married 2/9/2016
  • I485, I130, I765 + I131 Filed Concurrently
  • USPS delivery confirmation 3/7/2016
  • NOA 1 received 3/08/2016
  • Hard copies of NOA received 3/20/16
  • Early walk in Biometrics at Holtsville, NY 4/11/16
  • Ead/AP approved 4/28/16...received 6/10/16
  • Interview date 12/20/16 at Holtsville, NY... initially denied but approved later same day.
  • Text received that green card was mailed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sticky said:

Me too! I got 4 letters from uscis today. 2 extensions. (I already received one weeks ago) This time it said fee received  instead of waived. One was an original and one a copy. Then a new bio apt to replace the one they sent last week that had already passed, and then a receipt for payment saying no biometrics needed at this time!! I think they have lost their minds over there!!

Yep I think so too! I don’t think TX handle the ROC so well let’s hope it gets better!

Edited by Georgia16

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 1/1/2019 at 10:44 PM, Heather&Kevin said:

I-751 mailed Dec 6

Notified of receipt by SMS Dec 12

I-797 received Dec 31 

I-797 says... Received Date Dec 7 - Notice Date Dec 26

Green Card extended for 18 months

😎

January 29th 2019 and USCIS case status still says:

My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Should I be concerned or can this take an age to get on their system???

(California Service Center)

Cheers!

Edited by Heather&Kevin

*** N400 Citizenshi🇺🇸

Filed online: Apr 16, 2022

Interview APPROVED: Sep 28, 2022

Oath Ceremony: Sep 28, 2022

I-751 Green Card ROC

Mailed: Dec 6, 2018

Interview APPROVED: Oct 12, 2021 

EAD / AP / AOS

Filed at Chicago Lockbox: Mar 4, 2016

EAD and AP APPROVED: Apr 26, 2016

Green Card interview APPROVED: Dec 12, 2016

K1 - UK to USA

Proposed: Aug 7, 2015

Mailed I-129F: Aug 18, 2015

K1 visa APPROVED: Dec 2, 2015

P.O.E. @ Las Vegas: Jan 10, 2016

Elvis Wedding: Feb 19, 2016

3 hours ago, ButterFinger said:

So lucky you got immediate response. I probably should’ve delayed sending mine a bit, as a lot of people received quicker responses upon submitting mid-December. They received mine on 12/4, California too.

It really does seem that December is the faster processing time for all. It all came within two and a half weeks. 

I just can’t understand why the extension is 18 months. It’s another 1.5 years. Can’t they just look at the papers once and remove the conditions right away or invite for interview?!?!? Frustrating.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Heather&Kevin said:

January 29th 2019 and USCIS case status still says:

My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Should I be concerned or can this take an age to get on their system???

(California Service Center)

Cheers!

Did you try checking your case status on the new website?

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

N-400 timeline:

Spoiler

5/9/2022: N-400 Received by USCIS

5/9/2022: Biometric Reuse Notice

7/5/2022: Received Interview Scheduled Notice

8/12/2022: Interview @ Cincinnati Field Office, Approved same-day

9/9/2022: Completed Oath Ceremony

ROC timeline:

Spoiler

01/06/2019: 90-day ROC filing window open

01/07/2019: Sent I-751 petition to USCIS Dallas Lockbox via USPS 2-day Priority Mail

01/09/2019: ROC package delivered by USPS to PO Box

01/14/2019: Received USCIS text message with receipt number starting with LIN-xxxxxxx

01/15/2019: Check cashed, Added receipt# to USCIS account (myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov), Current Status: "We received your case, You do not need to do anything at this time"

02/14/2019: Submitted e-request for non-delivery of receipt notice

02/28/2019: Received e-request response. Receipt notice was never initially sent and we should receive it in 10-14 business days

03/04/2019: Received original NOA1 letter with 18 month extension

08/09/2019: Received biometrics appointment letter, scheduled for Aug 19

08/14/2019: Completed early walk-in biometrics appointment on Aug 13, Status changed on myUSCIS site to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

01/02/2020: Case status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

01/03/2020: Case status updated to "Case Was Approved"

01/06/2020: Received I-751 Approval Notice in the mail 

01/09/2020: Received 10yr Green Card in the mail

I-751 ROC Package Contents, Assembly & Photos:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/693181-i-751-january-2019-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9522611

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/693181-i-751-january-2019-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9522687

AOS timeline:

Spoiler

12/21/2015: I-485 Received by USCIS

12/24/2015: I-485 NOA date

02/26/2016: Biometrics Appointment

04/04/2017: Interview @ Louisville Field Office

04/06/2017: I-485 Approved

04/12/2017: GC Received

1 hour ago, Cardiofan said:

It really does seem that December is the faster processing time for all. It all came within two and a half weeks. 

I just can’t understand why the extension is 18 months. It’s another 1.5 years. Can’t they just look at the papers once and remove the conditions right away or invite for interview?!?!? Frustrating.

Well...I filed on 12/27/2018(USCIS received it on that day). I got my receipt number via text on 12/31/2018. It will be exactly 30 days tomorrow. I still haven't heard anything from USCIS....not even on mail from USCIS....I have no idea what's going on. call center is not helpful either....

14 hours ago, Cardiofan said:

I know right?! It’s so confusing that we have no idea what’s happening. There isn’t a pattern so we can figure it out. I’ll breathe better once my GC is in my hands lol!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, justwaiting2018 said:

For people who made e-request online, what did you guys say on the notice type section? I could n't find an option for extension letter option?

other

Timeline

Received a response to my e-request today:  Recently, you notified us that you did not receive your receipt notice.  As a courtesy, we have requested that a duplicate receipt notice be mailed to you.  You should receive the duplicate receipt notice within 30 days from the date of this notice.

Since a duplicate will not do us any good as we would need an original for international travel, we will eventually need to get the passport stamped.  Hoping we will get an original and not a duplicate.

2 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

other

Thanks! I saw that on your timeline we have a similar timeline. You have already got biometric appointment mail.  I am waiting to see when my appointment letter will come. I hope that I didn't miss anything....

Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:41 PM, Kiolas said:

I also received an extension letter today! So happy:dance:

Kiolas, did you receive a duplicate or an original?  My e-mail request response said as a courtesy, they will send a duplicate.  Problem is that we need an original for international travel.

39 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Kiolas, did you receive a duplicate or an original?  My e-mail request response said as a courtesy, they will send a duplicate.  Problem is that we need an original for international travel.

I received an original.

I received a different response than you. They said:

"Please allow 30 days from the date of this correspondence for the notice to be sent. If your two-year Green Card has expired and you need evidence of your permanent resident status before the receipt notice arrives, you may schedule an appointment online or by calling the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283".

I hope you will receive an original!🙏

ROC

12/11/2018 - I-751 mailed (requested a fee waiver) to Lewisville, TX via FedEx

12/13/2018 - package delivered 

01/02/2019 - received text message from USCIS with case number starting with EAC

01/12/2019 - submitted online e-Request for non-delivery of NOA (the extension letter)

01/24/2019 - received the response to e-Request via e-mail, which says: "Please allow 30 days from the date of this correspondence for the notice to be sent".

01/28/2019 - received NOA (the extension letter), which extends GC for 18 months

01/29/2019 - received biometrics appointment letter

02/08/2019 - biometrics completed

On 1/29/2019 at 7:25 PM, Evetorres28 said:

good news, for which day you have the Biometrics?

Next Friday.

ROC

12/11/2018 - I-751 mailed (requested a fee waiver) to Lewisville, TX via FedEx

12/13/2018 - package delivered 

01/02/2019 - received text message from USCIS with case number starting with EAC

01/12/2019 - submitted online e-Request for non-delivery of NOA (the extension letter)

01/24/2019 - received the response to e-Request via e-mail, which says: "Please allow 30 days from the date of this correspondence for the notice to be sent".

01/28/2019 - received NOA (the extension letter), which extends GC for 18 months

01/29/2019 - received biometrics appointment letter

02/08/2019 - biometrics completed

Bummer. Still no NOA. No duplicate of the NOA either. But I received an hard copy re initial email about not receiving the NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.