javadown2

Future in Philippines, buying property/building house

69 posts in this topic

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:29 AM, Hank_ said:

"I'm bringing over 20v battery tools the next time.   The chargers don't care if its 220 or 110"

I seriously doubt that.  All my DeWalt chargers are clearly marked 120V (ONLY), I had hoped they would be 120 - 240 .. but not.

Now I do plan to ship my DeWalt tools over, but I will buy chargers there unless I can find 220/240V  chargers to ship with them.    The Home Depots in the Phils have the cordless chargers.

I have yet to see a Home Depot in Philiippines.  Where is the Home Depot (Same company as US) in Philippine, I have seen copy cats, but never a Orange and White HOme Depot in philippines

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

I have yet to see a Home Depot in Philiippines.  Where is the Home Depot (Same company as US) in Philippine, I have seen copy cats, but never a Orange and White HOme Depot in philippines

All copy cats.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/30/2018 at 2:34 AM, Chris Duffy said:

I wouldn't bother building a house. You can rent a nice home in Mindanao region for around $250 per month.  You get tired of the area or someone decides to build a pig farm next to your home, or you have the town drunk who play Video K all night long and then the time and money you spent can be a waste.

I want to be mobile when  move to the PHilippines, I have no desire to be tied to one area or one place.

Well..I have a young daughter who will be of school age when we plan on living there...I'm confident in the area we are building that it will be a safe neighborhood in the future and the nice private schools are nearby. Plan on staying in one location for a solid childhood for my daughter. I can travel around the Philippines from anywhere. Also buying and having it paid off before I retire is my goal, less bills after retirement. 

20 hours ago, Hank_ said:

All copy cats.

haha i agree with this even im a filipino i will always say ph loves to copy everything 😂😂

in my husband last visit last may 2018 in the ph i dont get it why he took a picture of "VERZION" shop and laugh too hard about it and he sent it to his work chat and i call him neird 😂😂but when i seen VERIZON here in the US i think about that day..its my fault i didnt even ask why he laugh 😂

22 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

when we were in Cainta,Rizal there is Home Depot inside the robinson mall"known as big R" cainta.. My husband said its the same home depot of US..we used to shop there.

32 minutes ago, gaski said:

when we were in Cainta,Rizal there is Home Depot inside the robinson mall"known as big R" cainta.. My husband said its the same home depot of US..we used to shop there.

Home depot only has stores in USA, Canada and Mexico.

They tried to expand into China about 10 years ago, but that was a failure.  So no Home Depots are in Asia

25 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Home depot only has stores in USA, Canada and Mexico.

They tried to expand into China about 10 years ago, but that was a failure.  So no Home Depots are in Asia

my mistake i ask my husband just now and he said it wasnt home Depot lol my mistake guys ✌️✌️😬😁

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, gaski said:

haha i agree with this even im a filipino i will always say ph loves to copy everything 😂😂

in my husband last visit last may 2018 in the ph i dont get it why he took a picture of "VERZION" shop and laugh too hard about it and he sent it to his work chat and i call him neird 😂😂but when i seen VERIZON here in the US i think about that day..its my fault i didnt even ask why he laugh 😂

Another that gets a chuckle from me is Walter Mart .. another play on a name 

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

8 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Another that gets a chuckle from me is Walter Mart .. another play on a name 

My favorite is in Davao

Instead of the famous Harland Sanders and the KFC,  the have JFC which is Jenny Fried Chicken, it all over Davao Area, and not bad chicken.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Ok...update. After finding out about the headaches of doing a basement we've decided not to go that route and honestly don't really need the extra space. Besides the costs would go way up by doing this and have a budget in mind.

Another thing I'd like to know from people who have already built a house or are getting ready to build one in the Philippines......the cost per square meter. I've read on some of the more reputable contractor web sites that many will build to suite your budget, which makes sense in the Philippines because of the differences in wages. They give a range from 13000 PHP/square meter to a high end of around 31000 PHP/square meter, with my estimate I was thinking around 27000 PHP per square meter would be a good estimate? This is for a rough estimate and includes blue prints and them taking care of the permits, and of course It doesn't include the cost of buying your property.

Anyways, just wanted to get some opinions on the quality you get for a house in that price range. It may be to subjective and varies on each persons tastes in what they want such as do you want Granite counter tops or are you fine with tile....etc. 

Edited by javadown2

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, javadown2 said:

Ok...update. After finding out about the headaches of doing a basement we've decided not to go that route and honestly don't really need the extra space. Besides the costs would go way up by doing this and have a budget in mind.

Another thing I'd like to know from people who have already built a house or are getting ready to build one in the Philippines......the cost per square meter. I've read on some of the more reputable contractor web sites that many will build to suite your budget, which makes sense in the Philippines because of the differences in wages. They give a range from 13000 PHP/square meter to a high end of around 31000 PHP/square meter, with my estimate I was thinking around 27000 PHP per square meter would be a good estimate? This is for a rough estimate and includes blue prints and them taking care of the permits, and of course It doesn't include the cost of buying your property.

Anyways, just wanted to get some opinions on the quality you get for a house in that price range. It may be to subjective and varies on each persons tastes in what they want such as do you want Granite counter tops or are you fine with tile....etc. 

I only paid 5000php per sqm but my ffil and fiancee acted as general.   The finishes are functional but when I decide to do the add on things will have to change dramatically 

YMMV

Timeline
8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I only paid 5000php per sqm but my ffil and fiancee acted as general.   The finishes are functional but when I decide to do the add on things will have to change dramatically 

Nice, we would like it done so that we won't have to upgrade later is the plan so that is why I was thinking of the higher costs.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, javadown2 said:

Nice, we would like it done so that we won't have to upgrade later is the plan so that is why I was thinking of the higher costs.

By the time I am able to live there more full time it would be ready for a refresh anyway.  My fiancee is living in the house now and my future sil will live in it after my fiancee comes here.  No sense letting my future sil enjoy it too much luxury.   :)

YMMV

If your going to build a house in the Philippine, unless you are there to oversee everything, they will shortcut everything.  

Last house that was built and my nephew wife mother oversaw it, now it has limited number of electrical outlets, the setting of fixtures such in the CR is odd and offset. 

If you are going to build you need to be there to oversee the project, if not you may end up with a cracker jack house

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.