dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2018

270 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Olori said:

Hey dear . What’s next after case approved from USCIS for NVC. Is there a website for NVC to start on . Please keep me posted sis. Thanks !

Wait at least one week then call nvc and ask for case number 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Olori said:

Ok thank you!!

To be honest. It’s not just one week. NVC are saying it takes up to 8 weeks. I call them every day. It takes 6-9 days for NVC just to receive your case. My case was approved on Oct 15. NVC received my case on Oct 25. Today is Nov 24 and I haven’t received my case number yet. It’s very frustrating. 

March 6, 2018: i-130 petition filed.

March 14, 2018: i-130 Petition received. (8 days)

October 15, 2018: i-130 Petition approved. (7 months, 1 day)

October 17, 2018: Case sent to NVC. (2 days)

October 25, 2018: Case received at NVC. (8 days)

December 4, 2018: NVC case# Generated. (1 month, 9 days)

December 5, 2018: Fee paid online. (1 day)

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

December 20, 2018: Case closed. (13 days)

January 8, 2019: Interview Scheduled. (19 days)

February 26, 2019: Interview. (49 days) ....Pending....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 hours ago, Shan2019 said:

To be honest. It’s not just one week. NVC are saying it takes up to 8 weeks. I call them every day. It takes 6-9 days for NVC just to receive your case. My case was approved on Oct 15. NVC received my case on Oct 25. Today is Nov 24 and I haven’t received my case number yet. It’s very frustrating. 

I feel you :( but its coming, they are around Oct/20-21.. so probably we'll have something this week!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jacque e Andrew said:

I feel you :( but its coming, they are around Oct/20-21.. so probably we'll have something this week!!!

My friend, how do you know they are at Oct 20-21?

thanks. 

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Olori said:

So it takes about 8 weeks for NVC to get us a case number?how long does it now take for our spouse to get an interview? My Case just got approved, am new to this . Someone please let me know how and what the process is after case approval . Especially the step with NVC. Thanks !!

We are on same boat. After USCIS Approval as per my friend and my Lawer it’ll take about 2 and half to 3 months for interview. Mine already passed 1 and half month.

4 minutes ago, Shan2019 said:

We are on same boat. After USCIS Approval as per my friend and my Lawer it’ll take about 2 and half to 3 months for interview. Mine already passed 1 and half month.

Oh wow , so I haven’t got my letter in the mail yet. But I was approved on the 23rd of Nov on the website. What’s the step after, I see people talking about a payment and things to upload, what’s that about please help m out . Thanks 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Olori said:

Oh wow , so I haven’t got my letter in the mail yet. But I was approved on the 23rd of Nov on the website. What’s the step after, I see people talking about a payment and things to upload, what’s that about please help m out . Thanks 

Now you will you get a letter saying your case has been mailed to NVC. Then you should call them after one week has pass to verify that NVC received your case. They you will get email or mail with case number which usually takes 2-8 weeks ( I got mine in 2 weeks). In that email you will get two different types of # you use that to login to the site they provide you with, and pay 2 fees. I get to upload my documents on their site, not sure if everyone gets to or not, but its either mail or email, so start collecting documents for AOS and IV.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Savan said:

They you will get email or mail with case number which usually takes 2-8 weeks ( I got mine in 2 weeks).

I guess, it depends whether you provided email address while filing with USCIS. I don't recall if my lawyer asked for my email address or not. Regardless it may take 2-3 more days to get mail I guess. 

But did got your number in email or mail? 

thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shan2019 said:

My friend, how do you know they are at Oct 20-21?

thanks. 

I am following some timelines and talking to people.. it's taking a little longer than a month after they received your case..

2 hours ago, Savan said:

Now you will you get a letter saying your case has been mailed to NVC. Then you should call them after one week has pass to verify that NVC received your case. They you will get email or mail with case number which usually takes 2-8 weeks ( I got mine in 2 weeks). In that email you will get two different types of # you use that to login to the site they provide you with, and pay 2 fees. I get to upload my documents on their site, not sure if everyone gets to or not, but its either mail or email, so start collecting documents for AOS and IV.

Thank you so much for your response back? What is AOS and IV also what are the documents for them ?thanks 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Shan2019 said:

I guess, it depends whether you provided email address while filing with USCIS. I don't recall if my lawyer asked for my email address or not. Regardless it may take 2-3 more days to get mail I guess. 

But did got your number in email or mail? 

thanks

I got my case numbers on email

Timeline
2 hours ago, Olori said:

Thank you so much for your response back? What is AOS and IV also what are the documents for them ?thanks 

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Read that link carefully its all there what you need. I read that 50 times and i still had to ask questions when time came to sumbit, so its ok if you still have lots of question, that's just to get you up to speed what you need to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.