dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2018

270 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, AMJ1 said:

Exactly my thoughts!! Lets all hope and pray that we will hear a good news soon! Finger crossed 🤞  Keep us updated my friend! 😊

Yes :) May God Bless Everyone and May All meet their beloved ones as soon as possible.

March 6, 2018: i-130 petition filed.

March 14, 2018: i-130 Petition received. (8 days)

October 15, 2018: i-130 Petition approved. (7 months, 1 day)

October 17, 2018: Case sent to NVC. (2 days)

October 25, 2018: Case received at NVC. (8 days)

December 4, 2018: NVC case# Generated. (1 month, 9 days)

December 5, 2018: Fee paid online. (1 day)

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

December 20, 2018: Case closed. (13 days)

January 8, 2019: Interview Scheduled. (19 days)

February 26, 2019: Interview. (49 days) ....Pending....

1 minute ago, Shan2019 said:

My friend the Number will change. Once again its up to you my friend. I did it to be on safe side becuase PCC needed my name on her passport. Again its up to you my friend. Best Regards, Good Luck :)

Alright man sounds good. I will ask her to inquire at passport office and if they ask for it she will do so . BTW what stage are you in now ,did you already send your documents to NVC?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mr & Mrs said:

Alright man sounds good. I will ask her to inquire at passport office and if they ask for it she will do so . BTW what stage are you in now ,did you already send your documents to NVC?

Thats a Good Step My Friend. Just to be on Safe Side. And No not yet. They received  my case on Oct 25, 2018. Haven't heard back. Most likely Next week.

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

Timeline
5 hours ago, Shan2019 said:

Thats a Good Step My Friend. Just to be on Safe Side. And No not yet. They received  my case on Oct 25, 2018. Haven't heard back. Most likely Next week.

Just want to add my experience here. My spouse went through the same things. We ended up not adding my name to her passport as it is not required. For PCC, we used exact details in her passport and ended up getting PCC with no issues. I advice to have all docs ready before a case number is assigned at NVC. Feel free to ask any questions.

I am at case complete and just waiting for interview date. Good luck. 

15 minutes ago, Rajat Aggarwal said:

Just want to add my experience here. My spouse went through the same things. We ended up not adding my name to her passport as it is not required. For PCC, we used exact details in her passport and ended up getting PCC with no issues. I advice to have all docs ready before a case number is assigned at NVC. Feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks Rajat for your input ,thats what my understanding was too but thanks for clearing up the things. Btw Rajat, what documents you submitted to NVC or what documents to submit they asked for?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs said:

Thanks Rajat for your input ,thats what my understanding was too but thanks for clearing up the things. Btw Rajat, what documents you submitted to NVC or what documents to submit they asked for?

I followed NVC instructions on travel.state.gov

Petitoner:

I864EZ

IRS transcript and W2 for last 3 years

Last Pay stub

Employment letter with salary and position

Beneficiary:

DS 260

Passport biographic page (portrait mode) 

Photo (passport style - scan and then edit using paint) 

Birth certificate

Marriage certificate

PCC

Sounds like some passport office authorities in india ask to add their spouse name on his/her passport and some don't for PCC because some people ended up getting PCC without adding his/her name and some with adding his/her name. Haha i think clear answer can only be provided by the local passport authority if they need it or don't.......:)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Rajat Aggarwal said:

Hi Rajat,

How long it took for you to reach at this stage. I mean once USCIS approves your case, how long it to took for case complete?

thanks 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mozambique
Timeline

Just got message from NVC that we uploaded the wrong type of birth certificate  - there are two versions in Mozambique - we sent the wrong one - D'OH.   But we got the email this morning so they are working today on Black Friday.   I hope to get the right document submitted today and try to call to see if they will review it quickly and give CC! 

Timeline
Just now, MozambiqueSoninha said:

Just got message from NVC that we uploaded the wrong type of birth certificate  - there are two versions in Mozambique - we sent the wrong one - D'OH.   But we got the email this morning so they are working today on Black Friday.   I hope to get the right document submitted today and try to call to see if they will review it quickly and give CC! 

I also have two types of birth certificates. One is Hand Written (Translated) the other one is completely translated and typed. 

Which one of yours got rejected and why?

thanks 

Timeline
Just now, Shan2019 said:

I also have two types of birth certificates. One is Hand Written (Translated) the other one is completely translated and typed. 

thanks 

In Mozambique they are both hand written - and essentially the same.   One is written as like a fill in the blank story made up of full sentences. the other is a little quarter sized sheet of paper with just the basic facts, like Date:, Name:, etc....

We sent the basic facts one they want the full story one.     

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Shan2019 said:

thanks 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/India.html

here is the link that they send - but with the India information - scroll down the page and it will tell you the type of certificate needed for your case 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MozambiqueSoninha said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/India.html

here is the link that they send - but with the India information - scroll down the page and it will tell you the type of certificate needed for your case 

Thank you 

Hello, I have received a message from NVC on the CEAC site that says the documents have been received and approved. Does that mean "Case Complete" or will they start reviewing or processing them or something? Please see screenshot attached. Thank you in advance. :)

_20181123_192700.JPG

Edited by Taffi111
Redacted

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.