Ptoth42

I need help with K-1

15 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Ptoth42 said:

Hi everyone that reads this...I'm on my last part before I mail in my application. How did everyone prove their intent to get marry.  My fiance and I were planning on doing court house first and then saving up for a real one. How am I suppose to prove I'm getting married to her. Is a wedding announcement enough?

Each of you needs to write and sign a letter stating that you are legally free and willing to marry within the 90 days of entrance into the USA. You could also attach an engagement ring receipt but the Letters of Intent to marry are vital. You will likely get an RFE without them

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

1 minute ago, K & R said:

Each of you needs to write and sign a letter stating that you are legally free and willing to marry within the 90 days of entrance into the USA. You could also attach an engagement ring receipt but the Letters of Intent to marry are vital. You will likely get an RFE without them

I got copies of legal papers saying we are both single...does she need to write something out and sign it and email to me?

8 minutes ago, Ptoth42 said:

I got copies of legal papers saying we are both single...does she need to write something out and sign it and email to me?

You need to write it out. By legal papers do you mean divorce decrees? Because you need that if you were divorced. But the letter of intent to marry doesn’t have to be too wordy. I think ours were each like 4 sentences. Just stated our names, that we intend to marry in 90 days after his arrival, and that we are free and willing to marry. He signed his and mailed me the original. Idk if you can send an emailed copy. I would have your fiancé send you the original. 

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi @Ptoth42

You can see sample letter of intent on this web

Go to menu >Guide > sample immigration form

You can use the form sample

and we never had formal proposal,he just both cheap ring and propose to me in Ferris wheel and what i tell the consulate is that our first married plan is just a simple and private ceremony..we just did courthouse wedding..im on processing my aos now.

just be honest in everything you say.🙂

Edited by gaski

Fiancé Letter of Intent

Genebe Galan

667 Maligaya St, Riverside
                                Apt 201
                                Sto Domingo, Cainta, Rizal
                                1900, Metro Manila
                                Philippines

phone number 

United States Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 660151
Dallas, TX 75266

2-3-2017

Dear Sir or Madam:

I, my name, do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry fiance name , and intend to do so within 90 days of my arrival into the US using the K-1 visa. 

Yours truly,

my name/fiance

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Ptoth42 said:

She unfortunately doesnt have access to a printer, you think hand written will be ok?

There is no requirement to use a printer.. you can, but you dont have to. General instructions are to either type (printer) or hand write neatly. Do not use script- just plain handwriting as neatly as you can.  

A simple signed letter from each of you stating that you intend to get married within 90 days of arrival.

As a simple heads up, you will only get married once.  You can have a second Church Wedding but you do not file more paperwork.  That is considered a renewal of your vows.  The first marriage is the one that gets all the paperwork done for it.  This comes up often here.  The renewal of vows can be as elaborate as you would like.  It can be a full blown church ceremony but you do not file new papers for it.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My partner and I signed the same copy - this is another way to prove you are both together and have met.

There's no requirement for it to be 2 individual copies (one each). 

Just structure it like a normal letter, as previous replies suggest, and sign it. 

1 hour ago, brandonflude1 said:

My partner and I signed the same copy - this is another way to prove you are both together and have met.

There's no requirement for it to be 2 individual copies (one each). 

Just structure it like a normal letter, as previous replies suggest, and sign it. 

True.  One letter signed by both is fine.  As far as proving being together it probably isn't great evidence.  My fiancee (now wife) signed and mailed hers to me.  There is no proof you were together when it was signed.  It is the same with restaurant and hotel receipts.  Unless both names are on the receipts it only proves you stayed at a hotel or ate a meal. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.