5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Good Morning

Just sharing my experience. My husband already had his interview in Guyana on September. I know you may have many questions however everything was good. If you follow all the steps that you receive from NVC on the interview's letter you will be fine. About Guyana, we went to a hotel, you should be prepared, everything you  will need is expensive (Food and hotel ) transportation is not expensive. We went to a hotel that I booked online. People are nice they do not speak a lot you will need to approach them if you need something.  The food is veryyyyy spicy you need to make sure that you order everything ( Original ) and not spicy. The taxis are cheap you can ask the hotel front desk to arrange them for you at any time needed. We got the food from a hostal ( Cuban people who sale food ). You need to buy bottles of water because it is not potable. Before landing fill a immigration form for each person who is traveling even if you are a family,  they do not accept immigration form per family, it should be filled personally even if you travel with children which I found really weird because children had to sign them. An important advise for the medical exam is to be there as earlier as possible the same for the interview,  they do not follow the hours schedule for them, they attend people on the same order they reach the place. For the interview you will see a long line but you don't have to wait on this line,  this line is for local people , just go with the officer in the entrance door and show her your interview letter and your passport. Last advise is that you should be relaxed, our interview was nice and most of the people there said that it was nice to them too ,  just answer clearly everything they ask for, they know you are nervous so you don't have to hide that lol . Good luck for everyone who is still waiting.

t.gift.gifImage result for cuba map

Timeline

I have some questions. I’m a CR1 , At the Nebraska service center. March filer , waiting on NOA2. 

Who did you book your flight with ?

Once your visa is approved , can you fly directly from Guyana to Miami ? If so , who did you book travel with

Where can I do money’s exchange ? Can I pay with American dollars ? 

Do you need evidence of the relationship ? For example do I need to print emails ? Messages ? Photos ? 

Military record : is it necessary even though my husband hasn’t participated in the military ? 

Thank so you so much for all your help! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
On 11/2/2018 at 3:58 PM, Layanis J said:

I have some questions. I’m a CR1 , At the Nebraska service center. March filer , waiting on NOA2. 

Who did you book your flight with ?

Once your visa is approved , can you fly directly from Guyana to Miami ? If so , who did you book travel with

Where can I do money’s exchange ? Can I pay with American dollars ? 

Do you need evidence of the relationship ? For example do I need to print emails ? Messages ? Photos ? 

Military record : is it necessary even though my husband hasn’t participated in the military ? 

Thank so you so much for all your help! 

Good morning you can book your flight with any company that flights to Guyana. I did it with Copa Airline but there are others. It all depends of your preferences, price  and dates that you will travel to Guyana.  You can fly from Guyana to Miami once you get your visa approval. (I don't know if there is a flight directly from G to M all the airlines I checked had to stop in another country before landing in Miami). We took U.S. currency to Guyana and pay many things with it without needed to exchange it. There are some restaurants and/or other places that requires to pay with Guyana's currency however we were able to exchange it at the hotel  with the front desk. About the evidence, of course you will need to gather as much as you can to prove your relationship. I took emails, Cubamessanger chats, Imo chats, photos of both of you , statements of calls you did and you received from his/her number, the statements of Webster Union and or Recargas to Nauta if you ever did one to help the beneficiary in Cuba, also you should take your Cuban passport that has all the stamps of how many times you had visited Cuba while on this process or if you have all the tickets summary like I have ( I always travel to Cuba with American Airlines and I have an account on their website so I printed out a summary of all my trips to Cuba ). The interviewer did not check my evidences while on the interview however she checked my passport stamps to see how many times I visited Cuba.  I  do not recall to be asked about military records for my husband what they asked for was for criminal records which is ( antecedentes penales ).  I hope this can help you. Have a nice day.....

t.gift.gifImage result for cuba map

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi, sorry to bother but may I ask, which hotel did you stay at? Was it nice? I checked and the Marriott is around $250/night!

Also, how many days before the interview did you do the medical exam? Did you have to stay the full 10 days that people recommend?

Thank you so much in advance for any insight and guidance you can provide.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.