JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@rogerinho I sent my package Nov. 6. I took longer for it to get to Chicago even though I sent it priority mail. Anyway it got delivered Nov 12. The check got cashed Nov 16. And tonight I got a text giving me my case number and all.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belize
Timeline

I mailed my package to Chicago Lockbox on 9 November via USPS.   It was delivered on 11 November.  I received text message around midnight lastnight ( 18 Nov) with receipt numbers for all four applications.  

1 hour ago, Pengunista said:

@rogerinho I sent my package Nov. 6. I took longer for it to get to Chicago even though I sent it priority mail. Anyway it got delivered Nov 12. The check got cashed Nov 16. And tonight I got a text giving me my case number and all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is it mandatory to bring your spouse with you to the biometrics appointment? Mine is on November 27th, just received the letter yesterday. 

The only documents I’m planning to bring are my marriage certificate, passport, NOA 1’s and the letter confirming my biometrics appt.  

Shouldn I bring anything else?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Sending out AOS today via USPS! We are as well utilizing the Credit Card option with my husband's credit card from Spain, any other fellow international card payers? I know online it states that when paying via check/money order funds must be withdrawn from a US institution, but nothing referencing credit card payments. We are right in WI so it should arrive to IL tomorrow or by Wednesday.

Anybody else pay with a foreign card?

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

1 minute ago, JMCKNG said:

Sending out AOS today via USPS! We are as well utilizing the Credit Card option with my husband's credit card from Spain, any other fellow international card payers? I know online it states that when paying via check/money order funds must be withdrawn from a US institution, but nothing referencing credit card payments. We are right in WI so it should arrive to IL tomorrow or by Wednesday.

Anybody else pay with a foreign card?

I (the foreigner) used my foreign credit card to pay for my I485. It's all good.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I (the foreigner) used my foreign credit card to pay for my I485. It's all good.

YAY! Great! We were stressing out this weekend looking into money transfer applications! For the address information on the G-1450, as the format is built more for US Based cards, did you just disregard the "state" field?

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Got our confirmations last night! :D

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Also as a note, we only sent off one e-notification request but got three notifications 

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

26 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

YAY! Great! We were stressing out this weekend looking into money transfer applications! For the address information on the G-1450, as the format is built more for US Based cards, did you just disregard the "state" field?

I have changed the address of my foreign credit card (which is attached to my foreign bank account) to my American address. But I'm positive it doesnt matter as long as you fill out the billing address properly for what it actually is overseas. All they need to know is the correct billing address. Just like any online transaction.

Or you could call your bank or go into his online banking to change the billing address?

4 hours ago, Jlomartin said:

Is it mandatory to bring your spouse with you to the biometrics appointment? Mine is on November 27th, just received the letter yesterday. 

The only documents I’m planning to bring are my marriage certificate, passport, NOA 1’s and the letter confirming my biometrics appt.  

Shouldn I bring anything else?

I am wondering the same thing.......anyone?

10 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I am wondering the same thing.......anyone?

It would state that you both need to be there on the notice.

Got all notifications in the mail for AOS, travel & employment stuff. Didn't receive any text or emails however, even though I sent in the enotification form.

2 hours ago, Derlon said:

Really? My husband is on deployment for a few more months. I hope they have exceptions for military.

We are talking about the BIOMETRICS appt, not the interview. The applicant attends the BM appt alone.

Your spouse will need to accompany you to the INTERVIEW. If deployed, special arrangements will need to be arranged. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.