JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AnJay said:

Wanted to ask you and forgot. If my GC will come earlier than EAD am I supposed to go to get my SSN or they will mail it out? I checked “I want to receive it via mail” in my application for EAD, but now I dont know. 

As soon as your GC is approved, your I765 will discontinue processing thus discontinuing the processing the SSN you applied for on your I765. 

Doesnt matter anyways because as soon as you get your GC you have to back to SSA in person anyways to update your immigration status to LPR with your GC and they remove the DHS annotation from the original SSN card (if one was received originally).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 hours ago, Phem said:

Okay thanks so much for the info. Can i apply to work now? Even my ssn is on follow?

Although they do ask for it on applications, they only need it if hiring. I would say 'provided at interview' but that may only work if applying on paper since most online apps won't let you move forward w/o filling in all the boxes. But honestly it is sensitive & personal info & they shouldn't be asking for it until an interview. 

Just got my interview letter.. July 25th. Kinda far away but we’re so excited!

- wanna add that it got sent to our old address, even though I did an address change about 4 or so months ago and we received address change confirmation letters at our new home

Edited by Penny&Lee

1 hour ago, Penny&Lee said:

Just got my interview letter.. July 25th. Kinda far away but we’re so excited!

- wanna add that it got sent to our old address, even though I did an address change about 4 or so months ago and we received address change confirmation letters at our new home

Oh no I’m scared about that. I moved to Texas from DC I hope they don’t send mail to my old address I don’t have family there but I changed my address to uscis and usps 

1 hour ago, Eleet90 said:

Oh no I’m scared about that. I moved to Texas from DC I hope they don’t send mail to my old address I don’t have family there but I changed my address to uscis and usps 

Yeah it’s incredibly awful, especially for those who don’t have family or friends at their old residencies. I’m sure if you’re expecting a letter and it doesn’t arrive within timely fashion you could call and ask where it’s been sent / have a new copy sent to a different address! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Update from our senator who mentioned that USCIS just stated that our case is within normal processing times and to please check the website for up to date processing timelines. Blah blah blah. I'm at day 208 at the moment.. end in sight? Doesn't feel like it and I can tell my husband is getting burnt out and frustrated with waiting. 

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
49 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

Update from our senator who mentioned that USCIS just stated that our case is within normal processing times and to please check the website for up to date processing timelines. Blah blah blah. I'm at day 208 at the moment.. end in sight? Doesn't feel like it and I can tell my husband is getting burnt out and frustrated with waiting. 

206! Right there with you. Doesn't feel like it here either. We go from being hopeless and depressed to unrealistically optimistic multiple times a day. I can't focus on work even when I'm there. Don't know how much longer we can do this, even though the only alternative is him leaving and starting from a cr1. That used to sound crazy, but now it seems crazy to wait for over 3/4 year for a document that was supposed to get here in ~90 days. 

48 minutes ago, kanderson101 said:

206! Right there with you. Doesn't feel like it here either. We go from being hopeless and depressed to unrealistically optimistic multiple times a day. I can't focus on work even when I'm there. Don't know how much longer we can do this, even though the only alternative is him leaving and starting from a cr1. That used to sound crazy, but now it seems crazy to wait for over 3/4 year for a document that was supposed to get here in ~90 days. 

219 here, and still not even out of normal processing time for AP. I know what you mean re: unrealistically optimistic. Part of me keeps saying that eventually something will have to happen, this will have to get resolved. On the other hand, checking multiple times per day only to see nothing, makes it feel like the "normal processing time" is just going to keep getting pushed back indefinitely.

Timeline
1 minute ago, slow_brooklyn said:

219 here, and still not even out of normal processing time for AP. I know what you mean re: unrealistically optimistic. Part of me keeps saying that eventually something will have to happen, this will have to get resolved. On the other hand, checking multiple times per day only to see nothing, makes it feel like the "normal processing time" is just going to keep getting pushed back indefinitely.

Yep, I agree. *Someday* something WILL happen....but how far away will that someday be? What is "too long" to wait?? 10 months? 1 year? These are the questions we've been asking each other recently. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, kanderson101 said:

Yep, I agree. *Someday* something WILL happen....but how far away will that someday be? What is "too long" to wait?? 10 months? 1 year? These are the questions we've been asking each other recently. 

Consistently shaking our heads at choosing the K-1 verses the CR-1.. this fall October will be 2 years since we originally initiated the immigration process and it looks like it will end up taking 2 years from that point to be able to work or let alone travel. Disappointment is an understatement.

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

It makes me so sad to see that there are still so many people waiting and feeling so discouraged. We're right there with you guys -- We're currently at 215 days of our case being at "Case Received." We have gotten two senators involved in our case and have still heard nothing, and have had zero movement on our case. I guess we still have congressmen and our ombudsman we could still reach out to, but it's pretty depressing to think that even two senators haven't been able to do anything to get things moving along for us. The thought that we could still get a RFE or RFIE at this point is also very worrisome.

We've got to try and stay optimistic at this point (as hard as it is)... Maybe this will finally be the week. 🤷‍♀️🤞

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Timeline
3 hours ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

It makes me so sad to see that there are still so many people waiting and feeling so discouraged. We're right there with you guys -- We're currently at 215 days of our case being at "Case Received." We have gotten two senators involved in our case and have still heard nothing, and have had zero movement on our case. I guess we still have congressmen and our ombudsman we could still reach out to, but it's pretty depressing to think that even two senators haven't been able to do anything to get things moving along for us. The thought that we could still get a RFE or RFIE at this point is also very worrisome.

We've got to try and stay optimistic at this point (as hard as it is)... Maybe this will finally be the week. 🤷‍♀️🤞

Our congresswoman's office was very responsive but ultimately they weren't able to do anything for us, primarily because it sounds like their main action would be to expedite processing and you still need to qualify for that expedite. Hopefully your contacts will be more helpful! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.