JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
3 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

So sorry! Hugs to you and your husband.

We officially told my husband's parents last week that we weren't going to be able to come. We have shifted and have our trip tentatively scheduled for October now. Its especially frustrating because when we all filed there was so logical reason that we'd still be waiting at this time.

I've only been looking at the October and November threads because anything sooner makes me depressed.

Exactly! I didn't even give it much of a thought since we scheduled the trip so far out. It's a tad awkward now because I'm actually leaving to meet my own parents in Europe for a trip.....we tacked on a side trip to Belgium to follow, with the thought that my husband would fly out for some time with his family/friends and then our families would meet up. Well, I'm still going to Belgium with my parents, and we're still going to meet his family..... (not going to waste the money on the flights and all).....but hubby won't be there now! Ugh, so cringeworthy. 

I want to say "Oh October! You'll be fine!" But that's what I said to myself seven months ago haha. But cautious optimism tells me that yes, that sounds like a good plan. I'm sorry your trip had to be canceled too, I'm sure your husband is disappointed. I hope his family and your family are supportive and encouraging - that definitely helps during all of this! 

1 minute ago, kanderson101 said:

Exactly! I didn't even give it much of a thought since we scheduled the trip so far out. It's a tad awkward now because I'm actually leaving to meet my own parents in Europe for a trip.....we tacked on a side trip to Belgium to follow, with the thought that my husband would fly out for some time with his family/friends and then our families would meet up. Well, I'm still going to Belgium with my parents, and we're still going to meet his family..... (not going to waste the money on the flights and all).....but hubby won't be there now! Ugh, so cringeworthy. 

I want to say "Oh October! You'll be fine!" But that's what I said to myself seven months ago haha. But cautious optimism tells me that yes, that sounds like a good plan. I'm sorry your trip had to be canceled too, I'm sure your husband is disappointed. I hope his family and your family are supportive and encouraging - that definitely helps during all of this! 

My parents and younger sister are also going to be in Europe at the same time we were suppose to be going on our trip! But they were not going to the UK and they were not going to meet up with us. They were going to visit my sister who lives in Madrid, and the AFS exchange student they hosted last year from Italy. Then in Italy my parents were going to dump my younger sister off with my Italian sister and go to Venice, Florence, and meet back up with both my biological sisters in Rome.

His are disappointed a bit but they also understand that if he were to leave we'd have to start from scratch so its not like they can be mad at us. We also never booked any tickets so its not like we're wasting the money. The only reason we're hopeful about October is that USCIS admitted to making errors on his GC case and our LFO is being forced to look at the case and give an update in the next month. If it takes a month to hear something, thats mid-July. If they schedule and interview, thats probably mid-August. I haven't seen a single bad review from anyone whos interviewed at our LFO and everyone says they've been approved on the spot. We could be the exception (hopefully not), but I've also decided I'm not booking anything until he has AP/GC in hand. So yeah, we could end up pushing off a trip again. But at that point in the year I need to use my PTO so we could go somewhere in the US to use it up. Maybe Hawaii 😊

3 hours ago, EDRCole said:

How long from approval of AP did travel document arrive in the mail? My husband has a trip planned and were hoping he doesn't have to delay it any further than it already has been. 

1 hour ago, kanderson101 said:

203 days <_<

Husband told his family he won't be coming home for the trip we had planned at the beginning of July. I kept thinking that the combo card will get approved "tomorrow", but after so many tomorrows I've given up hoping. Can't even hope that our interview will be scheduled either, since Seattle takes 18-24 months. I'm so frustrated, especially reading that people who filed recently are getting their cards in a few months. Maybe I should stay away from those threads and just stick to my November buddies. 

Sorry, just needed to vent to people who understand. 

Don't even get me started on the trip stuff. I moved to the US the first week of October, submitted AOS/EAD/AP on November 9th and my family, my wife and I have had a UK trip planned with a visit to the Lake District where my two best friends are getting married. Suffice to say we were ALL looking forward to this trip for the end of june, early july. We assumed that 7-8 months was PLENTY of time to obtain EAD/AP. But it's been a constant battle of delays, RFIE (they lost my birth certificate), being hung up on trying to speak to USCIS, infopass, state representative not doing squat etc.

We are only now finally making progress with my AOS being 'Adjudicated, and in queue for interview date' at the KC Field Office. As a result, the flights are now almost $4000 for us both so we've officially postponed our trip til late October/early November. But the bonus of this, my parents and I have planned a trip to Cornwall for a few days so @rrobin0609 and I can spend our first married anniversary together somewhere nice.

Just keep sticking it all out, we're all here for eachother. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, JunkTardis said:

Okay so I saw somewhere (but cannot remember where) that if you get an RFIE for the i485, it delays or puts on hold the i131/i765 whilst they wait to look at the submitted evidence. Well, when I was talking to a Tier 2 the other day I forgot to put in my post about the phone call that I actually asked about this rule, and they confirmed it to be nonsense. If you get an RFIE for AOS, it wont affect your EAD/AP processing time and vice versa. She just said my processing time with my EAD/AP was just slow due to the huge back log, not because of an RFIE with AOS.

Hope this helps someone 

This is something beyond my comprehension.🙄

When, after 7 months of waiting EAD/AP I sent a request, they opened my folder and only after that they send  me RFE on I-485 ( not EAD/AP)

I sent my evidence right away  ( I- 485) and called to ask what go on with my EAD/AP. I always asked to talk to TIER 2. He said, that officer who work with  EAD/AP will do nothing for now, before another officer who will work with my evidence for I-485 will finish to review my documents. He said I- 485 and EAD/AP connected (even if they are review by different officers). And if you have problems with documents for I-485 nobody will give yoy EAD/AP.

A month later (it's already 8 months) I sent a second request for EAD/APand called again and another TIER2 told me the same thing.

And on June 11 (my last conversation) TIER2 he told me specifically such words -  when the One officer considers my Evidence and confirms that I have all the documents in order for I-485, he will give a signal (he will say YES to Another officer who is work with EAD/AP and he will start to work with my EAD/AP.

Several different TIERS2  told me the same thing.

I, of course, find it difficult to understand why one officer cannot look at one case from beginning to end. Perhaps this is done for mutual control.🤨

Now, I hope that the Second officer signaled to the First officer, because my documents are approved and are in the local office.🤣 And I hope that I will have EAD/AP before the GC, and not vice versa, as it happens sometimes, when it EAD/AP after a person already has received GC.

It seems to me that this is an irrational use of human and material resources, but who am I to take my opinion into account?

Timeline
5 hours ago, JunkTardis said:

About bloody time! Congratulations! This brings me a little hope after my conversation with a Tier 2 two days ago 

Thank you!🤗

I also hope that your adventures will end soon. I know your story. It is ridiculous.😟

12 minutes ago, ira1712 said:

This is something beyond my comprehension.🙄

When, after 7 months of waiting EAD/AP I sent a request, they opened my folder and only after that they send  me RFE on I-485 ( not EAD/AP)

When you say sent a request, what do you mean? If it makes you feel any better we've been waiting since 11/9 with nothing. We tried to expedite, got a request for documentation, but never heard anything back. Now I'm worried that may have actually caused our case to get lost in the ether.

I've just been waiting for the AP to fall outside of processing time, then plan to escalate to rep and both senators. Hopefully it'll come through before that, but honestly I have no idea what to expect anymore. I did see the case right after mine flip to "Card is being produced".

Some data - in our block of 5k cases, there were 550 pending EADs on 6/1. Today there are 430.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, slow_brooklyn said:

When you say sent a request, what do you mean? If it makes you feel any better we've been waiting since 11/9 with nothing. We tried to expedite, got a request for documentation, but never heard anything back. Now I'm worried that may have actually caused our case to get lost in the ether.

I've just been waiting for the AP to fall outside of processing time, then plan to escalate to rep and both senators. Hopefully it'll come through before that, but honestly I have no idea what to expect anymore. I did see the case right after mine flip to "Card is being produced".

Some data - in our block of 5k cases, there were 550 pending EADs on 6/1. Today there are 430.

When I sent my EAD/AP/GC waiting time it was 3-5 months. Then increased to 4-6 months. Then 4.5- 6.5 months. Then 5-7 months. Two times, a few days before my request was submitted, the time was  increased. I was not lucky.😟

Last time I managed to do this after 7 months, because my filing date  4 October and the people who submitted in October managed to do it after 7 month. I am writing here, because not to many people on the October forum (although they exist outside the forum. For many still " Сase was recieved")

But for Novembers this time has already increased to 6.5-8.5 months (poors guys). And who knows, maybe the time will increase even more.

I hope you will be lucky. Some November got their EAD/AP/GC😀

Edited by ira1712

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
5 hours ago, rrobin0609 said:

My parents and younger sister are also going to be in Europe at the same time we were suppose to be going on our trip! But they were not going to the UK and they were not going to meet up with us. They were going to visit my sister who lives in Madrid, and the AFS exchange student they hosted last year from Italy. Then in Italy my parents were going to dump my younger sister off with my Italian sister and go to Venice, Florence, and meet back up with both my biological sisters in Rome.

His are disappointed a bit but they also understand that if he were to leave we'd have to start from scratch so its not like they can be mad at us. We also never booked any tickets so its not like we're wasting the money. The only reason we're hopeful about October is that USCIS admitted to making errors on his GC case and our LFO is being forced to look at the case and give an update in the next month. If it takes a month to hear something, thats mid-July. If they schedule and interview, thats probably mid-August. I haven't seen a single bad review from anyone whos interviewed at our LFO and everyone says they've been approved on the spot. We could be the exception (hopefully not), but I've also decided I'm not booking anything until he has AP/GC in hand. So yeah, we could end up pushing off a trip again. But at that point in the year I need to use my PTO so we could go somewhere in the US to use it up. Maybe Hawaii 😊

4 hours ago, JunkTardis said:

Don't even get me started on the trip stuff. I moved to the US the first week of October, submitted AOS/EAD/AP on November 9th and my family, my wife and I have had a UK trip planned with a visit to the Lake District where my two best friends are getting married. Suffice to say we were ALL looking forward to this trip for the end of june, early july. We assumed that 7-8 months was PLENTY of time to obtain EAD/AP. But it's been a constant battle of delays, RFIE (they lost my birth certificate), being hung up on trying to speak to USCIS, infopass, state representative not doing squat etc.

We are only now finally making progress with my AOS being 'Adjudicated, and in queue for interview date' at the KC Field Office. As a result, the flights are now almost $4000 for us both so we've officially postponed our trip til late October/early November. But the bonus of this, my parents and I have planned a trip to Cornwall for a few days so @rrobin0609 and I can spend our first married anniversary together somewhere nice.

Just keep sticking it all out, we're all here for eachother. 

Yeesh, the saga you guys have been through...I'm happy that your case is FINALLY making progress though. Nice to see that you've both been able to stay positive, and that you're still able to find the "bright side" of things, however hard that might be. The birth certificate nonsense especially...I can't even comprehend the incompetence...what a mess. I remember when 90 days felt like it was going to be forever. So naive! :rolleyes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After 4 days before my l-765 updated to "new card is being produced" my physical EAD card is now on hand fresh from our mail box 😂😂.

But there is no social security included since I filled out the checkbox to get my SSN.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 hours ago, EDRCole said:

How long from approval of AP did travel document arrive in the mail? My husband has a trip planned and were hoping he doesn't have to delay it any further than it already has been. 

We received the letter May 31 and the actual document June 11. It didn't update online until they were actually printing the document (June 5 or 6 I think.) Before that we had the letter of approval but online still said only that it had been received. Hope he gets it in time!

38 minutes ago, Phem said:

After 4 days before my l-765 updated to "new card is being produced" my physical EAD card is now on hand fresh from our mail box 😂😂.

But there is no social security included since I filled out the checkbox to get my SSN.

SS Card will come 7 to 10 days later usually.

The Combo Card is sent from Corbin, KY while the SS Card comes from SSA Headquarters in Baltimore, MD.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

SS Card will come 7 to 10 days later usually.

The Combo Card is sent from Corbin, KY while the SS Card comes from SSA Headquarters in Baltimore, MD.

Okay thanks so much for the info. Can i apply to work now? Even my ssn is on follow?

23 minutes ago, Phem said:

Okay thanks so much for the info. Can i apply to work now? Even my ssn is on follow?

Sure but likely any employer will be required to see both the EAD and SSN in the same name in order for them to hire you.

42 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Sure but likely any employer will be required to see both the EAD and SSN in the same name in order for them to hire you.

Wanted to ask you and forgot. If my GC will come earlier than EAD am I supposed to go to get my SSN or they will mail it out? I checked “I want to receive it via mail” in my application for EAD, but now I dont know. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.