JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Heads up for NJ residents! Husband went to get his driver license and they denied him because his SS card includes his middle initial, while his EAD card does not, and apparently they must match. I’m not sure if other states do this, but NJ is notoriously strict, so just wanted to send out a warning. Part the problem is that my husband already had an SS card from a previous visa, so this might not be an issue for most here in our lovely forum. 

K1 VISA

NOA1 - Dec 12

NOA2 - June 29

Visa in hand - Sept 22

POE - Sept 25 

Marriage - Oct 6 🥂

AOS

Packet Sent - Nov 5, 2018

NOA1 - Nov 9, 2018

NOA1 Received in mail - Nov 16, 2018

EAD Card Approved - June 4, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, vaksurik said:

Heads up for NJ residents! Husband went to get his driver license and they denied him because his SS card includes his middle initial, while his EAD card does not, and apparently they must match. I’m not sure if other states do this, but NJ is notoriously strict, so just wanted to send out a warning. Part the problem is that my husband already had an SS card from a previous visa, so this might not be an issue for most here in our lovely forum. 

Yes that happened to me! I went for my drivers license here in NJ and because my SS card and EAD card did not have matching last names I had to get my SS changed first and have the actual card on hand before taking the test.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Jlomartin said:

Yes that happened to me! I went for my drivers license here in NJ and because my SS card and EAD card did not have matching last names I had to get my SS changed first and have the actual card on hand before taking the test.  

Gaaah. It’s super annoying isn’t it? One stinky little letter 🤪

K1 VISA

NOA1 - Dec 12

NOA2 - June 29

Visa in hand - Sept 22

POE - Sept 25 

Marriage - Oct 6 🥂

AOS

Packet Sent - Nov 5, 2018

NOA1 - Nov 9, 2018

NOA1 Received in mail - Nov 16, 2018

EAD Card Approved - June 4, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
14 hours ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

Congrats to everyone who got approved today, and good luck to all who have interviews coming up soon! 🎉

We're at 208 days today and we just emailed a senator (who seems to be pretty powerful at the moment 🤷‍♀️) to see if they can hound USCIS for us. I don't know if it's going to help since we're not technically outside of "normal" processing times yet, but we're starting to feel left behind. I know a lot of people in our month feel that way too. 😢 We've been pretty down about the whole thing lately, so I'm hoping our senator can kick things into gear for us! 🤞🤞

Has anybody else asked a senator to inquire about their case with USCIS? If so, did it seem to help? Just curious if there's any sort of general consensus or if that's even possible given that no case is alike.

I just emailed our local Senator and the Senator for the state of WI. I'm not sure what will all come from it but anything helps. I'm at Day 201 which I know is now STILL unfortunately and insanely in their processing time ever since they've extended the time frame, but more or less this email was to state that I'm concerned with the quality of life an immigrant immigrating to this country LEGALLY gets to experience in their first few years due to this absurd time line of approvals that needs to get addressed. I'll see if I get anything back!

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

1 hour ago, JMCKNG said:

I just emailed our local Senator and the Senator for the state of WI. I'm not sure what will all come from it but anything helps. I'm at Day 201 which I know is now STILL unfortunately and insanely in their processing time ever since they've extended the time frame, but more or less this email was to state that I'm concerned with the quality of life an immigrant immigrating to this country LEGALLY gets to experience in their first few years due to this absurd time line of approvals that needs to get addressed. I'll see if I get anything back!

Ah, yes, that's a very good way to put it. We inquired with the senator specifically about our case, but if there was more room on the form on their website, I could have gone on and on about how the system doesn't work, and how outrageous this increased timeline of inquiry dates is, haha.

I hope your inquiry brings some good news for you guys and speeds things along! 🤞 I'll also be curious to see how these inquiries with senators etc. may affect the outcome of our cases, and how soon after we may see some movement. I agree with you -- Anything helps at this point!

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Timeline
2 hours ago, vaksurik said:

Gaaah. It’s super annoying isn’t it? One stinky little letter 🤪

I know! I actually tried going back the same day since I had to paper from SS office but they said they needed to actual card. I thought that was stupid. What can we do though? It’s the law haha

48 minutes ago, Penny&Lee said:

Woke up & checked my phone, text from USCIS - MY INTERVIEW HAS BEEN SCHEDULED!!!! 6 days after it changed to “ready to be scheduled” I rolled over and shook my husband awake. I actually can’t believe it 😭😭

Just realized I didn’t add much info - 217 days since we sent off the application, 214 since USCIS received our case,

We received RFIE on April 16, took us a while to send it back out but they received it May 13,

case changed to “ready to be scheduled” on Jun 5, and now “interview scheduled” Jun 11

LFO is Long Island, NY

still no EAD/AP

Timeline

We had our interview last month on the 30th but today we got the green card is being printed notification! Didn't want to talk about the interview at first because it was a bit odd. Case officer asked my wife a few questions from her ds-160 (forgot the #) then just chatted for 45m with us about stuff...never checked any of our stuff like birth certificates, photos,or anything, only fingerprint and a video cam pointed at her. 

Edited by SilentZero

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Anyone who is thinking about reaching out to their State Senator, today I had a good experience with mine! My state has a generic contact form on their website in which I filled in my contact information and message. They responded within a few hours stating that they will contact USCIS on my behalf after I completed a privacy release form they attached. Very pleased with the efforts, we will see if anything can come from it!

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Please, when you put in a service inquiry, does it mean that your case will be taken from the officer handling it to a different room or a different officer? Can service inquiry delay your case? 

Please I need your answers? 

2 hours ago, JMCKNG said:

Anyone who is thinking about reaching out to their State Senator, today I had a good experience with mine! My state has a generic contact form on their website in which I filled in my contact information and message. They responded within a few hours stating that they will contact USCIS on my behalf after I completed a privacy release form they attached. Very pleased with the efforts, we will see if anything can come from it!

That sounds pretty similar to my experience contacting a senator. After I first emailed, they sent an emailed reply saying they understand hardship waiting for EAD/AP has placed on us, and they will do everything they can to help. They also sent me a privacy release form, which I had to sign/date, and explain our situation in a little more detail. I haven't heard back just yet, but they only received it late yesterday afternoon. I'm hopeful that they'll reach back out to me soon -- Hopefully with some good news! 🤞

I'm glad to hear that your experience contacting a senator has gone well so far, and I have my fingers crossed for you guys too!

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

3 hours ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

That sounds pretty similar to my experience contacting a senator. After I first emailed, they sent an emailed reply saying they understand hardship waiting for EAD/AP has placed on us, and they will do everything they can to help. They also sent me a privacy release form, which I had to sign/date, and explain our situation in a little more detail. I haven't heard back just yet, but they only received it late yesterday afternoon. I'm hopeful that they'll reach back out to me soon -- Hopefully with some good news! 🤞

I'm glad to hear that your experience contacting a senator has gone well so far, and I have my fingers crossed for you guys too!

When I contacted my congress man, I had to follow up with his office three weeks later. Everytime I've had to contact them I end up doing 90% of the work. Matt and I specifically asked "why did we get an RFIE for foreign language BC when he was born in England" and the office came back with an email saying "the case is still processing. Thank you for your patience. I hope this answers all your questions." No dumbnut, it didnt answer anything. Also tried contacting one of my senators strictly about my case (separate from the formal letters I sent a week ago) and never heard anything. Hoping it goes better for you, @JMCKNG

Oh, I also tweetstormed Trump while I was eating dinner. I dont actually know as much about Trump as I do other presidents but I know he loves twitter and getting his ego stroked. So I called out my representative, said that the democrats showed they couldnt do anything productive and challenged him and his republicans to do better. I doubt he'll take the bate but if the .0001% that it does happen comes true, oh man, ima be p****** myself with laughter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.