JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Akk1989 said:

Hi all, woke up to some good news:

NOA1- Nov 13th

EAD New card being produced - June 5th

204 days!

AP still says “Case was received”... does anyone know if this will be on the  EAD card that comes? 

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Congrats! Yes, the EAD/AP will come as a combo card.

Our timeline is:

NOA - 11/07

EAD approved - 5/29

Card being produced - 5/30

Card picked up by USPS - 6/3

Card delivered - 6/6 (website and case tracker say it was delivered on 6/5 but we received it in the mail today)

So you should receive it within a week of the “new card being produced” notification!

My AP hasn’t updated since case received which seems to be the norm.

Congrats again! Now the job hunting stress begins haha 🙈

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Our status went from “Case Was Approved” to “Card Was Mailed” the next day.  Is that real? Was expecting a “New Card is Being Produced” update. Shouldn’t there be a tracking number sent at some point as well?

K1 VISA

NOA1 - Dec 12

NOA2 - June 29

Visa in hand - Sept 22

POE - Sept 25 

Marriage - Oct 6 🥂

AOS

Packet Sent - Nov 5, 2018

NOA1 - Nov 9, 2018

NOA1 Received in mail - Nov 16, 2018

EAD Card Approved - June 4, 2019

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Katelyngene said:

Our timeline is:

NOA - 11/07

EAD approved - 5/29

Card delivered - 6/6 (website and case tracker say it was delivered on 6/5 but we received it in the mail today)

So you should receive it within a week of the “new card being produced” notification!

Congratulations! So true!!! Job hunting is stressing me too 😂😂😂 My GC should be in hand tomorrow! Yay!

• 11/10/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago (I-485 to I-765)
  • 11/19/18 - NOA for AOS (I-485)
  • 11/19/18 - NOA for Petition for Alien Relative (I-130)
  • 11/19/18 -NOA for Application for Travel Document (I-131)
  • 11/19/18 - NOA for EAD (I-765)
  • 12/10/18 - Biometrics
  • 04/03/19 - Case status of I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
  • 04/19/19 - Case status of I-485 changed to "Interview was Scheduled"
  • 04/29/19 - Received Interview letter in the mail
  • 05/30/19 - Interview on the spot approval
  • 06/07/19 - Conditional Green Card received
  • 03/03/21 - Package Delivered to Phoenix AZ (I-751)
  • 04/01/21 - NOA Receipt of payment and extension of Conditional Green Card
  • 08/19/2021 - NOA Approval Notice for (I-751)
  • 08/28/2021 - 10 Year Green Card received 
  • 09/06/2022 - N-400 Online application sent
  • 03/14/2023 - N-400 Interview was Scheduled
  • 04/19/2023 - Passed Citizenship Naturalization Interview
  • 05/23/2023 - Naturalization Oath taking ceremony

Hoping all these EAD approvals is good news for us!

EAD/AP is at 209 days with Case was Received
AOS is at 62 days since Response to RFIE was Received

I'm feeling a "stalk the NBC by sitting in their parking lot" coming on 😂

10 minutes ago, vaksurik said:

Our status went from “Case Was Approved” to “Card Was Mailed” the next day.  Is that real? Was expecting a “New Card is Being Produced” update. Shouldn’t there be a tracking number sent at some point as well?

We received the tracking number once the card was picked up at the post office which was a few days after our “card was mailed” notification.

The case tracker app said our card card was delivered on 6/5 when we actually received it today, 6/6. So the mail was one day behind.

32 minutes ago, vaksurik said:

Tracking number will come with "Card was picked up by" yada yada.

5 hours ago, Katelyngene said:

Our timeline is:

NOA - 11/07

EAD approved - 5/29

Thank you, good to know.

The AP has just now just updated to “Case was approved” with some red, white and blue stars.

😬😬😬😬😬

I hope other November filers will get theirs soon!! 

52 minutes ago, Akk1989 said:

Thank you, good to know.

The AP has just now just updated to “Case was approved” with some red, white and blue stars.

😬😬😬😬😬

I hope other November filers will get theirs soon!! 

It’s exciting all over again once you get the visa in the mail! Fingers crossed for all other November filers 🤞🏻

Does anybody know how do they process the AOS i have a friend who filed in January and she already got her interview yesterday and the card is being produced? 

33 minutes ago, J&D09 said:

Does anybody know how do they process the AOS i have a friend who filed in January and she already got her interview yesterday and the card is being produced? 

The processing times for I-485 is dependent on your local field office. Some local field offices process at 4 to 6 months while others take much longer and process at one to two years even.

She's likely at a quick field office that does not have many immigrants located in that area.

9 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The processing times for I-485 is dependent on your local field office. Some local field offices process at 4 to 6 months while others take much longer and process at one to two years even.

She's likely at a quick field office that does not have many immigrants located in that area.

Thank you so much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Anyone had their LFO change? Hubby was sent to Atlanta for bios but our interview is in South Carolina. It's in a tiny town outside Greenville so I'm kinda hoping they have fewer cases. Then again it was more than 2 months between 'ready to schedule' and actually bring scheduled. And more than 6 weeks between being scheduled and interview date. I see other cases moving faster than that but may have been transferred? 🤷‍♀️

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 5/30/2019 at 11:02 AM, NikkiFromCanada said:

Secured cards take much longer to build your credit. But if one is unable to, or it’s too late to do what I did, it’s really the only way to go. I’ve worked in banking for the last 12 years. I wish I could share this information with everyone who is just starting the process! Building your credit all over again in a new country is so important, and very tricky! 

Tell us your ways! Unfortunately I’m not from a country that can do what you did with Canada. So I’m starting from scratch. I don’t think I can be approved even for Macy’s card right now with a zero score. Where do I begin?? Got my green card last month.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Gand2018 said:

Tell us your ways! Unfortunately I’m not from a country that can do what you did with Canada. So I’m starting from scratch. I don’t think I can be approved even for Macy’s card right now with a zero score. Where do I begin?? Got my green card last month.

It is soooo hard if you wait until you're here! The only thing you can really do is get a secured card, and use it for 6 months. Only use it for what you can afford to pay in full. Pay it in full every month, and don't pay any interest. Once they change it to a regular card, apply for one more card and don't use it. Continue to use one card only, and pay in full and in 6 more months, your credit score will be great! 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 minutes ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

It is soooo hard if you wait until you're here! The only thing you can really do is get a secured card, and use it for 6 months. Only use it for what you can afford to pay in full. Pay it in full every month, and don't pay any interest. Once they change it to a regular card, apply for one more card and don't use it. Continue to use one card only, and pay in full and in 6 more months, your credit score will be great! 

Thanks for your response. I didn’t exactly “wait till I got here”. I had no plans of immigrating here when I came on B1/B2 so I couldn’t have planned for my credit score beforehand. The decision came way later. Anyway from what you’ve described it’s doable. I don’t see it as hard at all. I think when you’ve taken on this entire AOS process and conquered it you become fearless and extra patient. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.