JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, calliope8 said:

I can't look at other timelines as it just makes me furious. While looking at reviews of the field office we'll be going to I came across a timeline where they got married after us & filed AOS a month later than we did in Dec. They got an interview in Feb & GC in early March! Only excuse for this kind of difference is military. 

Yes, looking at timelines does no good when you find out you were left behind. And I think it is more a matter of randomly choosing files. 

I fully understand your anger when you find out about others "skipping the queue" -not their fault but very unjust still-.

Just piping in - We are still waiting - from July. 

Your day will come, those who are waiting. This part of the process is even more frustrating than the K1 stuff. Breathe in, breathe out, and distract yourself. Remember when the hardest part was being apart. At least we're together now. :)

On 5/30/2019 at 12:15 PM, Allaboutwaiting said:

We thought once the interview was scheduled, things would depend on us, but turns out they don't. 

After a nice smooth interview we were informed that our K1 visa packet is missing. Retreiving it from wherever it is now -because they have no clue about its whereabouts-, can take days or months. Once they get it -if they do-, they will proceed to review our case.

Needless to say, we're beyond angry, frustrated, discouraged, disappointed, deeply saddened, weak, clueless and all the negative emotions you can think of. 

It doesn't help that while waiting, there was a couple near us, where the beneficiary entered in February this year with a tourist visa and they were today there for their interview. 

Ten months waiting for the K1, six months waiting to be scheduled and now, who knows how long we will wait...and who knows what the outcome will be. 

It seems that they incentivize those who break the rules while they punish us who follow them.

P.S.: We have no EAD/AP and as things are now, I'm certain we will never get one. 

I'm so sorry guys :( We have our interview in about a week. Do you think we should bring a copy of the K-1 as well?!

2 hours ago, Jaquelly said:

Your day will come, those who are waiting. This part of the process is even more frustrating than the K1 stuff. Breathe in, breathe out, and distract yourself. Remember when the hardest part was being apart. At least we're together now. :)

Oh my, I can't even imagine. All our grievances sound insignificant in comparison! Fingers crossed you'll hear something very soon as well! 🤞

When things get tough, I also remind myself how much harder it was when we were apart -- That's the only way to get through all of this! We've got this! 💪

Edited by wakeuplittlesuzy

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jaquelly said:

Ahh I thought you were waiting for your EAD/AP Card.. I was about to say O M G.  At least you were able to receive it within 5 months for work and traveling purposes on a positive side. We are at the 6.5 month mark after filing so yeah.. this wait is getting to be a bit much. My husband wants to see his family so bad and we want to travel back to Spain, looks like it is going to end up being a year from the time he left Spain to the time he goes back 

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
17 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

Ahh I thought you were waiting for your EAD/AP Card.. I was about to say O M G.  At least you were able to receive it within 5 months for work and traveling purposes on a positive side. We are at the 6.5 month mark after filing so yeah.. this wait is getting to be a bit much. My husband wants to see his family so bad and we want to travel back to Spain, looks like it is going to end up being a year from the time he left Spain to the time he goes back 

Yeah same. I thought it was waiting for the combo card too. And then I saw combo card approval in 147 days, and my brain went "wow I hope we don't have to wait 147 days"..................(it's been 192 days)  :dead:  

Timeline
1 minute ago, kanderson101 said:

Yeah same. I thought it was waiting for the combo card too. And then I saw combo card approval in 147 days, and my brain went "wow I hope we don't have to wait 147 days"..................(it's been 192 days)  :dead:  

Yep we are at 194 days here.. going to hit the 200 day mark this week :( :( :( :( :(

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Timeline
1 minute ago, JMCKNG said:

Yep we are at 194 days here.. going to hit the 200 day mark this week :( :( :( :( :(

Misery loves company, I guess. We spent most of yesterday in angry tears. I would honestly rather have done another year of long distance if it meant I didn't have to see my loved one so hopeless. Hope we all get good news soon, hang in there ❤️ 

2 minutes ago, kanderson101 said:

Oops, yeah, I totally misread that as well -- I also thought it was for the combo card. All this waiting is clearly making me lose my mind! 😂

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Timeline
1 minute ago, kanderson101 said:

Misery loves company, I guess. We spent most of yesterday in angry tears. I would honestly rather have done another year of long distance if it meant I didn't have to see my loved one so hopeless. Hope we all get good news soon, hang in there ❤️ 

I know that's the hard part, just watching them literally be incapable of any type of "normal life" here, driving license, bank account, working, traveling. Like a prison, I always wonder if in his mind he's like, so this is what the US is really about? Why would anyone want to live here?

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Officially 8 days away from our interview! I'm am both extremely nervous and extremely excited. 🤷‍♀️ Any interview tips from anyone who has already been through it? 

2 hours ago, Ash&Jaye said:

I'm so sorry guys :( We have our interview in about a week. Do you think we should bring a copy of the K-1 as well?!

You won't have an issue, it is an odd ocurrence -though they tried to fool us saying it is pretty common-. 

We had a copy on us, but I guess they need the approved one with all the notes from when it was adjudicated.

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

1 minute ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

You won't have an issue, it is an odd ocurrence -though they tried to fool us saying it is pretty common-. 

We had a copy on us, but I guess they need the approved one with all the notes from who adjudicated it. 

Awww man. Thanks for replying! I'm so sorry this happened :( fingers crossed for you guys that you get an answer back very soon!

Timeline
1 hour ago, JMCKNG said:

I know that's the hard part, just watching them literally be incapable of any type of "normal life" here, driving license, bank account, working, traveling. Like a prison, I always wonder if in his mind he's like, so this is what the US is really about? Why would anyone want to live here?

Oh definitely. I know my husband has thought those things and I don't blame him at all! It's so tough. At this point getting the combo card would feel like winning the lottery - such a huge weight lifted off our shoulders. 

1 hour ago, kanderson101 said:

1 hour ago, JMCKNG said:

22 minutes ago, kanderson101 said:

Oh definitely. I know my husband has thought those things and I don't blame him at all! It's so tough. At this point getting the combo card would feel like winning the lottery - such a huge weight lifted off our shoulders. 

I do find consolation knowing we are not alone.

After the disappointment from our interview, I cried for two days in a row; the long weekend of celebration we planned was spent locked at home, with our spirits completely crushed. 

Needless to say, I do not feel welcome at all. And I hate the idea of this process basically being a gamble, instead of an organized scrupulous thing you can rely on.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.