JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, calliope8 said:

I didn't know this & if you don't get the receipt letter, how would you know if they had different case numbers when all filed together w/ I-485? I checked consecutive numbers & all were just the original notice of 'we've received your application for form # blah blah blah'. Two numbers ahead were both I-131s &  two numbers behind were an I-131 and completed interview. So weird. Three case #s after my AOS was an EAD completed May 29 (not mine) so must not be totally consecutive?

Hmm I’m not sure. I would call them and ask for your case numbers! 

7 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

You are so right and found the exact words: the horror must be exposed.

Sometimes it seems like the ones who rule, base their decisions on whatever they watch on TV -shows such as "90 days fiancee" just misinform regarding legal immigration while news solely focus on illegal crossings-.

Right!!! 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Looked at the AP approval letter case # & it is one number after our I-485. The AP has not changed status online. So we got mail notification before we could have known electronically so you never know what's going on! Take heart & stay positive y'all! Hoping his EAD will be on the AP card despite not knowing a case # for us.

Timeline
3 hours ago, calliope8 said:

Looked at the AP approval letter case # & it is one number after our I-485. The AP has not changed status online. So we got mail notification before we could have known electronically so you never know what's going on! Take heart & stay positive y'all! Hoping his EAD will be on the AP card despite not knowing a case # for us.

Just call USCIS! They will tell you if it's just AP or AP & EAD. I have never heard of someone applying for both, and only getting AP approved. Also, my AP never updated online when my combo card was approved, and I'm pretty sure no one's has either. You will save yourself a lot of worry & wonder if you just call them and ask. I can't believe you've gone this long without having a case # for your EAD

Edited by NikkiFromCanada

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

14 hours ago, rrobin0609 said:

Of course! I really tried to put a focus on there being legal immigrants that have had to put their lives on hold possibly due to the government only caring about illegal immigration and what to do with them to either a) deport them or b) get them a legal status. I also pointed out to the senators and representative that they should be embassared by the processing times at the NBC due to representing Missouri, were its based out of, because that is the state they represent. Then I said I wanted to see some form of legislation introduced to gaurentee a decision (not necessarily an approval) to those who apply for EAD and AP within 90 days while their green card applications are being processed.

Well, I was hoping this wouldn't happen... We hit 200 days today, and still haven't heard a word from USCIS except that our case was received on November 14th. Ugh! We are also writing to a senator that a member of our family personally knows. I'm not sure if any good will come of it, but it feels better than sitting around doing nothing about it! Hopefully we'll hear something soon. 🤞 This wait time for a service that we paid a lot of money for is absurd! 😡

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 5/30/2019 at 1:05 PM, Danieliz said:

I just called USCIS and the representative said they are processing October 31 right now. The also said I should not try yo speed it up at this point because my received date (Nov 16, 2018) is really close and trying to expedite it now might even slow it down.

I also checked the case tracker for the 500 case ids in front of ours and there are 12 EAD cases from the last 3 days(including today) which now have the status "New Card is being produced". All this cases are from around Nov. 8. So I'm getting hopeful it will finally happen in the next 2 weeks. 🙂

I was excited about this too, so ready to

call them up about EAD and AP once the case enquiry date hit November 15th. It was October 30th then, maybe 10 days ago. Checked this morning and the case enquiry date is back at October 8th. So infuriating. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, calliope8 said:

Actually, what you will likely receive is the EAD card with the AP notation, "SERVES AS I-512 ADVANCE PAROLE," printed along the lower right-hand border of the EAD card. I will attach a redacted copy of my wife's old Combo (EAD/AP) card. 

Also took a peek at my family's NOA1s for AOS/EAD/AP. The receipt number sequence for both my wife's and stepson's were MSCxxxxxxxx26/27/28 (wife), respectively, and MSCxxxxxxxx29/31/30 (stepson), respectively. It appears that both have consecutive numbered receipts, however, my stepson's were assigned in a different order from my wife's. That is likely of little consequence. As I recall, we didn't receive from USPS all six separate NOA1 notices on the same day, they all eventually showed up over several days. What with the usual government agencies efficiencies ( :lol: ) and recent Federal holiday, hopefully the truant receipt will show up soon.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

20190524 USCIS EAD:AP Combo card (redacted).pdf

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
2 hours ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

Just call USCIS! They will tell you if it's just AP or AP & EAD. I have never heard of someone applying for both, and only getting AP approved. Also, my AP never updated online when my combo card was approved, and I'm pretty sure no one's has either. You will save yourself a lot of worry & wonder if you just call them and ask. I can't believe you've gone this long without having a case # for your EAD

Thanks I will definitely call them tomorrow. Funny that it says 'if you didn't receive a receipt letter by this date ...' when you look up a case # but you don't always know you haven't received one (as in this case).

I also did not think they would approve AP but not EAD so glad this seems to be the general experience. Moving forward in any case!

2 hours ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

Well, I was hoping this wouldn't happen... We hit 200 days today, and still haven't heard a word from USCIS except that our case was received on November 14th. Ugh! We are also writing to a senator that a member of our family personally knows. I'm not sure if any good will come of it, but it feels better than sitting around doing nothing about it! Hopefully we'll hear something soon. 🤞 This wait time for a service that we paid a lot of money for is absurd! 😡

It is so so wrong. You put your trust -and hard earned money- in the system and then, the system fails you, BIG TIME.

I agree it is awful to just sit around doing nothing; I feel like going everywhere, knocking on every door, to get things moving. 

For the first time since we started this process I do regret going for the K1 instead of the CR1.

And weekends are the worst, aren't they? At least during weekdays, you can fantasize about them finally getting to your case. 

2 hours ago, clare240 said:

I was excited about this too, so ready to

call them up about EAD and AP once the case enquiry date hit November 15th. It was October 30th then, maybe 10 days ago. Checked this morning and the case enquiry date is back at October 8th. So infuriating. 

And that's for AP. The inquiry date for EAD is September 24th. 😐

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

It is so so wrong. You put your trust -and hard earned money- in the system and then, the system fails you, BIG TIME.

I agree it is awful to just sit around doing nothing; I feel like going everywhere, knocking on every door, to get things moving. 

For the first time since we started this process I do regret going for the K1 instead of the CR1.

And weekends are the worst, aren't they? At least during weekdays, you can fantasize about them finally getting to your case. 

I also now think that the K1 visa is a worse solution for me than CR1. I am in the process (starting with the filing for a K1 visa in August 2017) for almost 22 months and so far I do not have EAD/AP ( I am 4 October filer). I’m in limbo, I have a bad mood, which affects our family relationships. And I feel like an outcast in California, when I know that there are many illegal immigrants who drive cars with fake DL and work illegally.

My husband has enough income, so I do not plan to receive any benefits from the state. And all the time, the question what a crime I made  or do I really look so suspicious that they do not even trust me to work in this country? I also do not like Sunday, because it is not a postal day. From a normal, cheerful person, I turn into a forever dissatisfied creature. 😟

I already sent 2 requests for  Outside Normal Processing Time EAD/AP . First time after 7 month ( 30 on April). After that they finally opened my folder and sent me RFE.  But it did not change anything in my life. After 30 days on May 30, I sent my reques № 2 again and I need to wait for an answer until June 21. And August  there will be 2 years since my husband sent a petition to K1 and, frankly, I think that by this time I will not have even EAD/AP. There are more guarantees that a wife will get a GC card in 2 years of waiting than a bride who has become a wife in the USA will have EAD/AP. And the reality of the relationship is even easier to prove at the USA Embassy  in your own country than here in the USCIS. And also less money.

Edited by ira1712

2 hours ago, ira1712 said:

I also now think that the K1 visa is a worse solution for me than CR1. I am in the process (starting with the filing for a K1 visa in August 2017) for almost 22 months and so far I do not have EAD/AP ( I am 4 October filer). I’m in limbo, I have a bad mood, which affects our family relationships. And I feel like an outcast in California, when I know that there are many illegal immigrants who drive cars with fake DL and work illegally.

My husband has enough income, so I do not plan to receive any benefits from the state. And all the time, the question what a crime I made  or do I really look so suspicious that they do not even trust me to work in this country? I also do not like Sunday, because it is not a postal day. From a normal, cheerful person, I turn into a forever dissatisfied creature. 😟

I already sent 2 requests for  Outside Normal Processing Time EAD/AP . First time after 7 month ( 30 on April). After that they finally opened my folder and sent me RFE.  But it did not change anything in my life. After 30 days on May 30, I sent my reques № 2 again and I need to wait for an answer until June 21. And August  there will be 2 years since my husband sent a petition to K1 and, frankly, I think that by this time I will not have even EAD/AP. There are more guarantees that a wife will get a GC card in 2 years of waiting than a bride who has become a wife in the USA will have EAD/AP. And the reality of the relationship is even easier to prove at the USA Embassy  in your own country than here in the USCIS. And also less money.

I fully understand you. Our lives can't be normal under this conditions, and it is not fair. 

And I agree the process in each of our countries feels way easier than the one here. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, ira1712 said:

Just inexcusable.  Initial research says the K1 is faster but that is no longer the case.  Even on USCIS website the information is not correct. There was a time I would have been more than happy to move to England but now my family really needed me here during the time we would have had to live there for a CR1.  

People say we will forget this time of waiting and hardship once approval comes through but I'm not so sure! I think I will remember how awful the waiting & not knowing is for a long time. Hope you get a positive answer soon!  

Timeline
1 hour ago, calliope8 said:

Just inexcusable.  Initial research says the K1 is faster but that is no longer the case.  Even on USCIS website the information is not correct. There was a time I would have been more than happy to move to England but now my family really needed me here during the time we would have had to live there for a CR1.  

People say we will forget this time of waiting and hardship once approval comes through but I'm not so sure! I think I will remember how awful the waiting & not knowing is for a long time. Hope you get a positive answer soon!  

I will 100% have PTSD from this experience. It will be a very long time before I'm over it!! I'm scarred for sure. I have never felt so disregarded in my whole life. Worst and most frustrating thing I've ever been through. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

3 hours ago, calliope8 said:

Actually, filers from 2019 are being approved in around 3 months. I guess we were unlucky, but this process should not be a matter of luck. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Actually, filers from 2019 are being approved in around 3 months. I guess we were unlucky, but this process should not be a matter of luck. 

I can't look at other timelines as it just makes me furious. While looking at reviews of the field office we'll be going to I came across a timeline where they got married after us & filed AOS a month later than we did in Dec. They got an interview in Feb & GC in early March! Only excuse for this kind of difference is military. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.