JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, kanderson101 said:

All I can say is that I am so very sorry this happened. I can't imagine the emotions you must be feeling. I sincerely hope you and your partner get some good news soon.... 

Thanks. 

We're completely devastated.

We weren't ready for something like this, we didn't even know this could happen. Even less, that it would happen to us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 minute ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Thanks. 

We're completely devastated.

We weren't ready for something like this, we didn't even know this could happen. Even less, that it would happen to us.

Yeah....so much of this process is absolutely unbelievable. I hope you both are able to take comfort in each other during this tough time. Wish there was more that we could do. That anyone could do, really. Don't give up hope though, they might find it tomorrow, for all we know!

1 hour ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

We thought once the interview was scheduled, things would depend on us, but turns out they don't. 

After a nice smooth interview we were informed that our K1 visa packet is missing. Retreiving it from wherever it is now -because they have no clue about its whereabouts-, can take days or months. Once they get it -if they do-, they will proceed to review our case.

Needless to say, we're beyond angry, frustrated, discouraged, disappointed, deeply saddened, weak, clueless and all the negative emotions you can think of. 

It doesn't help that while waiting, there was a couple near us, where the beneficiary entered in February this year with a tourist visa and they were today there for their interview. 

Ten months waiting for the K1, six months waiting to be scheduled and now, who knows how long we will wait...and who knows what the outcome will be. 

It seems that they incentivize those who break the rules while they punish us who follow them.

P.S.: We have no EAD/AP and as things are now, I'm certain we will never get one. 

I checked the AOS timelines for the first time in months this morning. There were three people at the KC office that filed after us that that have either had their interview or been scheduled for one by the end of June. The most recent one I see is a couple that filed in March and has their interview for June 10th (they came on a K1). Probably the last time I check those ever since its just a disappointment. I've said it before and I'll say it again: nobody willingly moves to the Midwest unless their loved one is here so at least there aren't people trying to adjust from a tourist visa.

One of my managers was talking to me about immigration stuff earlier since he likes being in the loop. He's been at our company for seven years so he's getting a 5 week sabbatical and taking it in June. He said that if I hear anything to let him know so while he's in Costa Rica he can have a celebratory drink for us. Hopefully the drink will come sooner than later.

Edited by rrobin0609

1 hour ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

We thought once the interview was scheduled, things would depend on us, but turns out they don't. 

After a nice smooth interview we were informed that our K1 visa packet is missing. Retreiving it from wherever it is now -because they have no clue about its whereabouts-, can take days or months. Once they get it -if they do-, they will proceed to review our case.

Needless to say, we're beyond angry, frustrated, discouraged, disappointed, deeply saddened, weak, clueless and all the negative emotions you can think of. 

It doesn't help that while waiting, there was a couple near us, where the beneficiary entered in February this year with a tourist visa and they were today there for their interview. 

Ten months waiting for the K1, six months waiting to be scheduled and now, who knows how long we will wait...and who knows what the outcome will be. 

It seems that they incentivize those who break the rules while they punish us who follow them.

P.S.: We have no EAD/AP and as things are now, I'm certain we will never get one. 

This is just horrifying! I’m so sorry this has happened and agree it’s so unfair when you have done everything by the book on your end. You would think they would make electronic copies as back ups. 

I will keep everything crossed for you guys. 🙏❤️🤞🏻

1 hour ago, Danieliz said:

I just called USCIS and the representative said they are processing October 31 right now. The also said I should not try yo speed it up at this point because my received date (Nov 16, 2018) is really close and trying to expedite it now might even slow it down.

I also checked the case tracker for the 500 case ids in front of ours and there are 12 EAD cases from the last 3 days(including today) which now have the status "New Card is being produced". All this cases are from around Nov. 8. So I'm getting hopeful it will finally happen in the next 2 weeks. 🙂

Thank you for sharing!

Day 198 for me so hopefully soon 😆🙏

10 minutes ago, Akk1989 said:

This is just horrifying! I’m so sorry this has happened and agree it’s so unfair when you have done everything by the book on your end. You would think they would make electronic copies as back ups. 

I will keep everything crossed for you guys. 🙏❤️🤞🏻

Indeed horrifying and so unexpected. 

It would have saved us if they had scanned the whole file -which we thought was the case-, but it seems it is not. 

Thanks for the kind words. 💚

1 hour ago, kanderson101 said:

Yeah....so much of this process is absolutely unbelievable. I hope you both are able to take comfort in each other during this tough time. Wish there was more that we could do. That anyone could do, really. Don't give up hope though, they might find it tomorrow, for all we know!

Thanks again for the support. 💚

3 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

I'm so saddened to hear this. I can't even imagine what you two must be feeling right now. This process is just incredibly unfair, and it really doesn't help that they just leave us all in the dark -- especially when things like this happen. 

My husband and I were just talking the other day about how it seems like they incentivize people who break the rules while the rest of us do everything the legal way. It all just seems so unorganized and chaotic. While I can't imagine dealing with the numbers of applications they do, it just seems like there should be a better, more efficient way to get things done.

Sending you and your partner hugs. I wish there was something I could do to help, and I hope this will be sorted out for you SOON. 

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh my god I am so sorry!!!! :( Just so horrible!! I can’t even imagine your despair!! That is so unfair. Do they not realize they’re working with real human beings’ lives here??? So brutal!!! I really hope they find it quickly. It has to be somewhere, on someone’s desk. 🤞🏼

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I can't imagine how frustrating this was for you! I'm sorry you're going through this.

Just brainstorming some ideias here:

• Can you use this fact to expedite the EAD because of USCIS error with your AOS application? I would try calling and asking to talk to a tier 2 about that, or scheduling an infopass to talk about that.
  • You should try opening a complaint with the USCIS ombudsman, they might put some pressure on the process.
  • I think this would be a reason to sue USCIS, from what I've read on lawyers websites there's a fee of $400 and you should get a decision on your case in 50 to 60 days.
  • You can also try to consult with your local congressman and senators to see if they can do something about that.

I hope they figure out where your packet is, and that you get your GC or at least the EAD soon. I'm crossing my fingers for you!    

Edited by BrazilianInTexas

1 hour ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

I'm so saddened to hear this. I can't even imagine what you two must be feeling right now. This process is just incredibly unfair, and it really doesn't help that they just leave us all in the dark -- especially when things like this happen. 

My husband and I were just talking the other day about how it seems like they incentivize people who break the rules while the rest of us do everything the legal way. It all just seems so unorganized and chaotic. While I can't imagine dealing with the numbers of applications they do, it just seems like there should be a better, more efficient way to get things done.

Sending you and your partner hugs. I wish there was something I could do to help, and I hope this will be sorted out for you SOON. 

1 hour ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

Oh my god I am so sorry!!!! :( Just so horrible!! I can’t even imagine your despair!! That is so unfair. Do they not realize they’re working with real human beings’ lives here??? So brutal!!! I really hope they find it quickly. It has to be somewhere, on someone’s desk. 🤞🏼

1 hour ago, BrazilianInTexas said:

I can't imagine how frustrating this was for you! I'm sorry you're going through this.

Just brainstorming some ideias here:

• Can you use this fact to expedite the EAD because of USCIS error with your AOS application? I would try calling and asking to talk to a tier 2 about that, or scheduling an infopass to talk about that.
  • You should try opening a complaint with the USCIS ombudsman, they might put some pressure on the process.
  • I think this would be a reason to sue USCIS, from what I've read on lawyers websites there's a fee of $400 and you should get a decision on your case in 50 to 60 days.
  • You can also try to consult with your local congressman and senators to see if they can do something about that.

I hope they figure out where your packet is, and that you get your GC or at least the EAD soon. I'm crossing my fingers for you!    

Oh guys, thanks so much for the support and advice. It is so much needed right now. 

Everything feels unreal. We thought we would be celebrating today but here we are, completely shattered and so lost. Feels like descending from one circle in hell to another. 

We try to understand how could this happen, give to it some logic. Why were we scheduled if the whole file wasn't there? Why they informed us until the interview was finished? How could they have the AOS file and not the K1?

The reasons as to why the file wasn't there made no sense. The possible timeframe to get the file was insane: "from two days to several months; then we will review it." 

We don't want to get our hopes high. I want to think that it will be quick and we're suffering for nothing, but I doubt that will be the case; this shouldn't have happened in the first place. 

I searched the forum and I just found four other cases throughout the years, one from two years ago, the rest, older. Just two have a timeline, but they weren't quick. The longest one -five months- required several infopass, inquiries and involvement from a congressman. The most awful one required the beneficiary to go through the medical again, and they faced even more trouble afterwards. My biggest fear is waiting for several months and getting another medical just to be denied.

I've checked the status so many times already, expecting something to change, like if this was just a bad joke. It is still on "Interview was scheduled".

Our plan is scheduling an info pass -being the earliest in two weeks-. Hopefully we'll have some news by then. If not, we'll try to get as much information as we can from them and as @BrazilianInTexas suggested, get the Ombudsman involved. I honestly hate the idea of dealing with lawyers, but I don't mind contacting as many senators and congressmen as possible. 

I wish we could do something now, like actually going out and search for the file; I don't mind. Whatever needed to have it where it should be. 

It is waiting again, but now the time passes even slower than before, with more uncertainty.

Thanks once again for your messages. 💚

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Quick update:

We found the USCIS policy manual and it states that the file should be ordered prior the interview; they call this process "locating the petition". So, hopefully our case was just not ordered in time. There's still a ray of hope. 

The same manual also acknowledges the possibility of it actually being lost. 😕 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

We just found out we should have received a "Notice of interview results" stating the reason why no decision could be taken. We didn't. The IO also made us sign a paper refering to removal of conditions. 

Adding our K1 file wasn't there, the whole thing seems truly off.

Could someone that already had the interview please tell us if something similar happened to you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 hours ago, Danieliz said:

I just called USCIS and the representative said they are processing October 31 right now. The also said I should not try yo speed it up at this point because my received date (Nov 16, 2018) is really close and trying to expedite it now might even slow it down.

I also checked the case tracker for the 500 case ids in front of ours and there are 12 EAD cases from the last 3 days(including today) which now have the status "New Card is being produced". All this cases are from around Nov. 8. So I'm getting hopeful it will finally happen in the next 2 weeks. 🙂

Ahh, I was Literally going to send our expedite Fax today...now I am not sure if we should! Our NOA is November 13...

Maybe I will call USCIS today and see what they think! Thanks for the heads up!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.