JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, calliope8 said:

Encouraging as we're at 205 days BUT National processing says it's still on Sept I-765s 😓 Can I ask what processing center was your app went thru?

All K-1 EAD is processed at the National Benefits Centre. It's only our Green Card applications that are processed at local field offices. 

Edited by NikkiFromCanada

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Timeline
4 hours ago, craigybear said:

Congratulations! I took a peek at your timeline and which local office for your AOS. It just reinforces that there's literally no rhyme nor reason to any of the processing times. While it took me 124 days for EAD/AP approval - which seems to be much quicker than other Nov filers here - we have been sat waiting on 'ready for interview to be scheduled' since December last year, whereas your interview got scheduled after a week. And to think, it's a postcode lottery - you're not far up the road at the Baltimore office and we're at the DC/NoVA office.

My data-driven and rational brain cannot deal with such variances! Oh well... the wait continues! Congratulations again - here's hoping for a swift and happy response regarding the GC.

Thank you!! Sitting at at "Ready to be scheduled" or sitting at "Case has been Received" just means the officer that worked my case didn't update my case status like they did yours. I still waited 7 months for my interview, regardless which status I sat at for the 7 months. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

2 hours ago, lms said:

Which Borough? I think processing times are now for Brooklyn 19.5 to 24.5 months, Manhattan 20-30 months, Queens 7 -30 months. I got the GC in 18 months - so ahead of schedule. 

I’m on Long Island

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, craigybear said:

Congratulations! I took a peek at your timeline and which local office for your AOS. It just reinforces that there's literally no rhyme nor reason to any of the processing times. While it took me 124 days for EAD/AP approval - which seems to be much quicker than other Nov filers here - we have been sat waiting on 'ready for interview to be scheduled' since December last year, whereas your interview got scheduled after a week. And to think, it's a postcode lottery - you're not far up the road at the Baltimore office and we're at the DC/NoVA office.

My data-driven and rational brain cannot deal with such variances! Oh well... the wait continues! Congratulations again - here's hoping for a swift and happy response regarding the GC.

I'm with you there - trying to make logical what isn't. Sigh. Our receipt date was Nov 5, bios on Dec 28, rfe received in Jan but not returned until Feb 22 as we had to wait on info to submit 2018 taxes (it was a mess as mom is co-sponsoring but her taxes were joint but my father passed away last year). March 13 it changed to 'ready for interview' which I was glad the new info was satisfactory. Then May 23 we got notice that an interview had been scheduled (tho was hoping to skip it altogether.) Maybe they'll skip it for you. We can always hope! 

Hope we're approved on the spot at the interview in July as I am still job hunting after being a student & we are living on remnants of husand's inheritance. We did not expect to wait this long for EAD

7 minutes ago, calliope8 said:

I'm with you there - trying to make logical what isn't. Sigh. Our receipt date was Nov 5, bios on Dec 28, rfe received in Jan but not returned until Feb 22 as we had to wait on info to submit 2018 taxes (it was a mess as mom is co-sponsoring but her taxes were joint but my father passed away last year). March 13 it changed to 'ready for interview' which I was glad the new info was satisfactory. Then May 23 we got notice that an interview had been scheduled (tho was hoping to skip it altogether.) Maybe they'll skip it for you. We can always hope! 

Hope we're approved on the spot at the interview in July as I am still job hunting after being a student & we are living on remnants of husand's inheritance. We did not expect to wait this long for EAD

Sorry to hear the EAD is taking so long for you and others. It's baffling how much longer they're taking than they used to.

What is really depressing is looking at the AOS timelines for all local offices and seeing PD dates of March and interview dates of early June in some locations... mind blown. I wish we lived in Ohio! If we had the flexibility and the foresight (you know what they say about hindsight), we'd have set ourselves up in Maine or Ohio and worked remotely... 

I wonder if anyone has experience of, or knows of, these mythical no-interview GC approvals? I'd dare say I'm a good candidate for it given I've been in the USA working for two years on an L1 and we had a ton of strong marriage bona fides, including a property deed, rental leases and insurances in both our names. 

Edited by craigybear

Timeline
12 minutes ago, calliope8 said:

All K-1 AOS applicants have an interview. It's mandatory now. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

1 hour ago, calliope8 said:

Then May 23 we got notice that an interview had been scheduled (tho was hoping to skip it altogether.) Maybe they'll skip it for you. We can always hope! 

1 hour ago, craigybear said:

I wonder if anyone has experience of, or knows of, these mythical no-interview GC approvals?

1 hour ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

All K-1 AOS applicants have an interview. It's mandatory now. 

Employment based AOS applicants too.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-policy-manual-updates

Screenshot_20190529-191619_Chrome.jpg

16 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Employment based AOS applicants too.

Do I count as a employment based in this instance? I’m in the US on a work visa but AOS based on USC spouse. Hmmm...

In any event, we are expecting to be interviewed. 

57 minutes ago, craigybear said:

Do I count as a employment based in this instance? I’m in the US on a work visa but AOS based on USC spouse. Hmmm...

Marriaged based AOS was always included in the interview policy.

Employment and Fiancé(e) Visas were just recently included. 

So yes. You will be interviewed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Penny&Lee said:

I’m on Long Island

I have a friend who also lives on Long Island.  She also did AOS.  She mailed it July 2018, got her EAD/AP end of October 2018 and had her interview March 22, 2019.  

Timeline
10 hours ago, craigybear said:

Your AOS is marriage based. The Visa you entered the US on plays no role because you are adjusting your status due to marriage. But even if your AOS was employment based, you will still have a Green Card interview. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Katelyngene said:

I woke up this morning to scan for approvals around my receipt date and I had the notification “New Card is Being Produced” for my husbands EAD as of 5/29! We are so ridiculously excited and will be celebrating tonight! We did not receive an email or text informing us of the update. I only found out by going in the USCIS case tracker app.

Filed - 10/22

Receipt date - 11/08

EAD approval - 05/20

VJ timeline says we were approved in 219 days (from file date) and case tracker says it was approved in 203 days (from receipt date). We are hoping to receive the EAD/AP card in the mail within the next week so we can finally plan our honeymoon!

Luck to everyone still waiting - November approvals are on their way!

I thought I had email notifications turned on as I had gotten one in March when it changed to 'ready for interview' but this week I had to reselect email & text notification for my case. 🤷‍♀️

I am wondering if they are not giving us EAD b/c we have an interview scheduled but that is still 6 weeks away & unless we're approved on the spot (which doesn't seem to be happening lately) that will be more waiting. I have written our congressman so will see how that goes. EAD & AP should be 90 days max. This is ridiculous. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/3/2019 at 12:48 AM, Tasha queenb said:

Any pittsburgh filers? 

Hello 👋🏼 I’m a Pittsburgh filer from March. I just want to know how your interview went and if you got your card. Knowing your timeline and progress will give me hope. Thanks 

Timeline

Anyone receive their combo card quicker than a week after “New Card Is Being Produced”? I’m so greedy to start working! Lol 😩

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.