JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, dr01d3k4 said:

From what I've heard, the USCIS part of the application isn't affected by shutdowns, but any dependency on external agencies, such as the FBI for background checks, is affected.

Really disappointing for everyone who's missing trips :(. I was hoping to go to my mum's wedding this coming weekend, thinking that filing in October with processing times at 4-6 months meaning I should have been working around March. At least we didn't book any flights yet, so there's no monetary loss, and we're planning to go back to the UK in September around my wife's birthday, but this is something that I really didn't want to miss! :(

So sorry that you're forced to miss your mom's wedding due to this awful delay by USCIS. So many people are missing out on all their plans due to this and it really sucks! I feel confident that you'll be able to make it back to the UK for your wife's birthday by September... of course it's hard to predict what will happen with USCIS, but I feel like we will get our EAD/AP soon. I hope they roll them all out in a big batch like they did last month for the October filers. 🤞

Just now, lms said:

"NEW CARD IS IN PRODUCTION!!!!" :)

OMG!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! 😁

3 minutes ago, Olumide & Funlola said:

OMG!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! 😁

Thank you. I am crying haha. 

11/25/2017 - AOS Papers Sent

11/27/2017 - Package delivered by FedEx

12/07/2017 - NOA1's received in the mail

12/15/2017 - Biometrics Appointment letter received scheduled for 12/27/2017

12/22/2017 - Biometrics done I-485 & I-765 via Walk-In Brooklyn (done in under 15 Minutes)

02/14/2018 - Service Request to expedite my EAD put in via Hotline plus contacted my Congressman for help

03/13/2018 - EAD & AP approval Letters in the mail (106 days since filing)

03/15/2018 - EAD/AP Card in the mail <3 

Just now, Katelyngene said:

Congratulations! That’s so exciting 🎉

Sorry if you've already posted this but what was your receipt date from USCIS? And this is for your EAD/AP?

Thank you!

It is for my Greencard! Thank you!

Have filed for EAD/AP renewal in Nov 2018 - didn't receive it to this day. 

Filed for Greencard in Nov 2017 

11/25/2017 - AOS Papers Sent

11/27/2017 - Package delivered by FedEx

12/07/2017 - NOA1's received in the mail

12/15/2017 - Biometrics Appointment letter received scheduled for 12/27/2017

12/22/2017 - Biometrics done I-485 & I-765 via Walk-In Brooklyn (done in under 15 Minutes)

02/14/2018 - Service Request to expedite my EAD put in via Hotline plus contacted my Congressman for help

03/13/2018 - EAD & AP approval Letters in the mail (106 days since filing)

03/15/2018 - EAD/AP Card in the mail <3 

20 minutes ago, lms said:

"NEW CARD IS IN PRODUCTION!!!!" :)

Congratulations! How exciting! 🎉

Hoping for lots and lots of November approvals this week! :jest:

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

1 hour ago, Olumide & Funlola said:

We too have a wedding planned for September and when we started planning, I thought my husband would have been working at least some months beforehand to help with the costs of things. We're at a few months before the wedding and still owing thousands to vendors and doing Doordash/Postmates on the weekends to make the extra money we now owe and in fear that we won't be able to pay up on time. 

This process has been frustrating for us and as much as we want to express that my husband's lack of employment leads to a significant loss for us with everything we've planned towards a wedding, I always felt in my opinion that USCIS would see it as an "insignificant" issue that we put on ourselves. And that we were being selfish to throw a big wedding that we couldn't afford in the first place when we could have just had a backyard wedding or something small. But who knew that after 7 months, we still wouldn't have a work permit!?!?!  I mean, we can definitely pay for the wedding by September with my income and help from both families, but we're prepared to eat beans from a can up until then lol. 😂😭

Anyway, it's good to know now that there was a successful case in the past from someone who claimed financial loss due to having a planned wedding and the penalties that might follow if the balance isn't paid. We might also use that as a reason to expedite in addition to other financial stress we are also facing. It's worth a try...

Throwing a huge expensive wedding whenever you feel like, is a choice you have. You considered the USCIS timelines not expecting things to change drastically. 

I think the agents are aware about the waiting times becoming unbearable and they are sensitive regarding that matter if you try expediting. Agreed it is worth a try. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shaman said:

Hi!

It’s always the darkest before the dawn

That was the darkest weekend and Memorial Day for us because of the processing times update. And we were preparing a letter to our Senator and Congressman and a lawyer. But today at 11:20am we got a “new card is being produced” email 🙀😭🙀🤩🙀🤪🙀😭🙀 couldn’t believe my eyes. Just minutes prior to it was sure it would never happen without me trying to push it. But it did.

we filed around October 22, 2018

case received - November 2, 2019

AOS interview - May 6, 2019

Card being produced - May 28, 2019

they took 3 weeks to review the case after the interview at Baltimore FO

No changes for our EAD or AP.

Sending you all hugs and wishing you all be strong and have patience to get through this survival show in real life. It’s not the end of the journey though - more battles ahead but wish you all done with this one ASAP ✌️🤞✌️🤞✌️ As it means you may start to live again and get your identity back, start a new career, remember what it’s like to earn money (and use it to buy presents for your beloved ones instead of feeling guilty taking it from their paycheck), get your driver’s license and start driving (that will be me 🙌 soon), or may be study to get a local degree, and travel wherever you want, and have your weddings in your hometowns with your families. And finally become a part of local communities ✌️✌️ 

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

i guess i said too much 😊

PS

Does the green card arrive with SSN or we have to file for it on our own? 

The ssn comes after you get your EAD/AP card, but since you already had your interview for green card, you’ll just have to apply for ssn on your own.  You won’t hear anything about your EAD/AP since you already had your interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shaman said:

Hi!

It’s always the darkest before the dawn

That was the darkest weekend and Memorial Day for us because of the processing times update. And we were preparing a letter to our Senator and Congressman and a lawyer. But today at 11:20am we got a “new card is being produced” email 🙀😭🙀🤩🙀🤪🙀😭🙀 couldn’t believe my eyes. Just minutes prior to it was sure it would never happen without me trying to push it. But it did.

we filed around October 22, 2018

case received - November 2, 2019

AOS interview - May 6, 2019

Card being produced - May 28, 2019

they took 3 weeks to review the case after the interview at Baltimore FO

No changes for our EAD or AP.

Sending you all hugs and wishing you all be strong and have patience to get through this survival show in real life. It’s not the end of the journey though - more battles ahead but wish you all done with this one ASAP ✌️🤞✌️🤞✌️ As it means you may start to live again and get your identity back, start a new career, remember what it’s like to earn money (and use it to buy presents for your beloved ones instead of feeling guilty taking it from their paycheck), get your driver’s license and start driving (that will be me 🙌 soon), or may be study to get a local degree, and travel wherever you want, and have your weddings in your hometowns with your families. And finally become a part of local communities ✌️✌️ 

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

i guess i said too much 😊

PS

Does the green card arrive with SSN or we have to file for it on our own? 

I am crying reading this. I am so happy for you!!! Now go do alllll of the things, and hopefully the rest of us will be able to join you soon!! Xx! 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Pengunista said:

The ssn comes after you get your EAD/AP card, but since you already had your interview for green card, you’ll just have to apply for ssn on your own.  You won’t hear anything about your EAD/AP since you already had your interview.

We asked the officer at the interview and he surprised us with the answer - he said those processes are parallel and sometimes EAD and AP might arrive after the green card 🤷‍♀️ And that we should still try to send an inquiry regarding EAD/AP as the interview has no influence in this case 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
56 minutes ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

I am crying reading this. I am so happy for you!!! Now go do alllll of the things, and hopefully the rest of us will be able to join you soon!! Xx! 

I was laughing and crying and laughing again for a couple of hours and couldn’t make myself think straight to write a post here. 

Yours is on its way now 🤗🙏😘

1 hour ago, Shaman said:

We asked the officer at the interview and he surprised us with the answer - he said those processes are parallel and sometimes EAD and AP might arrive after the green card 🤷‍♀️ And that we should still try to send an inquiry regarding EAD/AP as the interview has no influence in this case 

Once the GC is issued the EAD/AP will discontinue processing so unless you got "new card being produced" for both separate processes within minutes of each other the EAD/AP will no longer process. You dont need it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.