JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 hours ago, Danieliz said:

With which reasons are you going to request the expedite? We were thinking about this too, but never did it because we don't really have a reason, at least according to uscis rules.

We submitted under the financial loss section! We have been really struggling financially the last few months and once I pay our rent this June 1 and all our other bills, we will be officially cleaned out. I make decent money but not enough to support us for 7+ months which we did not intend when my husband moved over here. My work is in Orange County California so our tiny apartment is $1,973 a month plus gas is $4.20 a gallon.... :(  So if that’s isn’t financial loss then I do not know what is! I’m hoping the officer who reads our file shows sympathy because I saw they now made the waiting time up to 8.5 months. USCIS must think we’re all millionaires over here!! 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

I think I saw it on the December thread -wish I knew where exactly-, someone sharing about successfully expediting EAD/AP with no emergency or job offer, but just a very compelling letter describing the struggles they've been through.

If I find the post, I'll share it here. 

In the meantime, all the good vibes and best of luck for y'all.

Yes I saw that post! After reading her post, that’s what made me decide to try! I mean if people are doing it after waiting 40 days the I think we all deserve to at least try! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
23 hours ago, MichelleKristian said:

Yes I saw that post! After reading her post, that’s what made me decide to try! I mean if people are doing it after waiting 40 days the I think we all deserve to at least try! 

We're trying to expedite as well, although it hardly seems like an expedite after waiting 6 months. We also did it based on financial loss and sent evidence of recent promising job interviews. It's been 5 weeks and haven't heard anything yet :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone. I’m Nikki. It seems like I should start posting in here now. I’m an October filer (PD is October 19, 2018)  Most people from my group have received either their EAD or Green Card by now. I was left behind. I’m at Day 219. I had my Green Card interview in Baltimore 19 days ago. Interview seemed to go well. We laughed, had light, friendly banter. He asked some questions about our relationship. (My husband and I have been together since 2014, traveling back and forth from Canada & US visiting each other, going on trips together, building our relationship.) At the end of our Green Card interview, he said “Your case will be sent for further renew and if you don’t hear anything back in 120 days, you can file an inquiry, but I can’t see it taking even half that time.” 

We haven’t heard anything back yet. Case status is “Interview Was Completed and My Case Must Be Reviewed.” 

Regarding EAD...no word on it. So far I have reached out to our Congressman for help (he got a generic response back from USCIS which just said our case was under the jurisdiction of the NBC - which we already know) I’ve been trying to submit a case inquiry online for 12 days after my case finally qualified for an inquiry because I was out of normal processing times and every time I tried to submit it, I got a response back stating “Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing times. An inquiry may not be created at this time. Further information about recent processing times can be viewed on the uscis.gov webpage.” Even though I was 12 days past the normal processing date. I know they’ve since moved the date from October 31 back to September 17, but while I was out of normal processing times, it wouldn’t let me submit an inquiry anyway. 

I’ve also submitted a Case Assistance Request to the Homeland Security Ombudsman. Got a generic email response back saying they received my email, but nothing else. (I don’t expect to hear anything from them either)

I’ve called USCIS so many times. They are always so cold, rude, short & condescending. I have such a hard time understanding WHY people who’ve applied far after me, already have their EAD (some for months now) and I don’t. I understand all cases are different and once a case is opened, the processing time can vary for many reasons...but HOW does a case with a PD way after mine even get looked at before mine in the first place?? USCIS wont shed any light on this, or help me try to understand this process whatsoever. The last lady I spoke with suggested I try to expedite my EAD, so she sent a request. I don’t really know what I’m going say in the letter I send to

them, because my husband makes a great salary and can easily support us both. But the truth is...I’m slowly falling into a depression. I have worked my whole life, left my job of 12 years as a fraud investigator when I moved here 10 months ago. I feel like my independence has been stripped away from me. I can’t visit my family, contribute financially in any way to our household, and it’s been really hard for me the past 2 months especially. I got overly joyous when our interview was scheduled, but when we didn’t get an on the spot approval like I see soooooo many people get, I took it really hard and cried for days on end. 

We planned a huge wedding back home in Canada for October 2019. We thought 13 months was plenty of time, but now I’m very scared. Time is running out and I insist on paying for the wedding myself, as my husband has done sooooo much over the last 10 months. Sorry this post was so long, and if you’ve made it to the end, thank you. I am strutting really hard emotionally. I figured I would move here to the November feed so I don’t feel so alone as most of my October group are happily enjoy all that this country has to offer with their EAD or Green Card. I can usually find a way to accept things that I can understand, and I’m usually very strong emotionally, but I cannot for the life of me understand how this process is fair. They claim to work cases in the order they receive them, but I am proof that this is not true. I feel trapped, held hostage, and brutalized by this process. It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done. 

Edited by NikkiFromCanada

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

8 minutes ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

Hello everyone. I’m Nikki. It seems like I should start posting in here now. I’m an October filer (Oct 19 PD) and most people from my group have received either their EAD or Green Card by now. I was left behind. I’m at Day 219. I had my Green Card interview in Baltimore 19 days ago. Interview seemed to go well. We laughed, had light, friendly banter. He asked some questions about our relationship. (We’ve been together since 2014, traveling back and forth from Canada & US visiting each other, going on trips together, building our relationship. At the end of our Green Card interview, he said “Your case will be sent for further renew and if you don’t hear anything back in 120 days, you can file an inquiry, but I can’t see it taking even half that time.” 

We haven’t heard anything back yet. Case status is “Interview Was Completed and My Case Must Be Reviewed.” 

Regarding EAD...no word on it. So far I have reached out to our Congressman for help (he got a generic response back from USCIS) I’ve been trying to submit a case inquiry for 12 days after my case finally qualified for an inquiry because I was out of normal processing times and every time I tried to submit it, I got a response back stating “Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing times. An inquiry may not be created at this time. Further information about recent processing times can be viewed on the uscis.gov webpage.” Even though I was 12 days past the date. I know they’ve since moved the date from October 31 back to September 17, but while I was out of normal processing times, it wouldn’t let me submit an inquiry anyway. 

I’ve also submitted a Case Assistance Request to the Homeland Security Ombudsman. Got a generic email response back saying they received my email, but nothing else. 

I called USCIS so many times. I have such a hard time understanding WHY people who’ve applied far after me, already have their EAD (some for months now) and I don’t. I understand all cases are different and once a case is opened, the processing time can vary for many reasons...but HOW does a case with a PD way after mine even get looked at before mine in the first place?? USCIS wont shed any light on this, or help me try to understand this process whatsoever. The last lady I spoke with suggested I try to expedite so she sent a request. I don’t really know what I’m going say in the letter I send, because my husband makes a great salary and can easily support us both. But the truth is...I’m slowly falling into a depression. I have worked my whole life, left my job of 12 years as a fraud investigator when I moved here 10 months ago. I feel like my independence has been stripped away from me. I can’t visit my family, contribute financially in any way to our household, and it’s been really hard for me the past 2 months especially. I got overly joyous when our interview was scheduled, but when we didn’t get an on the spot approval like I see soooooo many people get, I took it really hard and cried for days on end. 

We planned a huge wedding back home in Canada for October 2019. We thought 13 months was plenty of time, but now I’m very scared. Time is running out and I insist on paying for the wedding myself, as my husband has done sooooo much over the last 10 months. Sorry this post was so long, and if you’ve made it to the end, thank you. I am strutting really hard emotionally. I figured I would move here to November so I don’t feel so alone as most of my October group are happily enjoy all that this country has to offer with their EAD or Green Card. I can usually accept things I can understand, but I cannot for the life of me understand how this process is fair. They claim to work cases in the order they receive them, but I am proof that this is not true. I feel trapped, held hostage, and brutalized by this process. It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done. 

I absolutely feel you when you talk about your independence been stripped away from you, unable to visit your family or to contribute financially to your household. I haven't felt free for months. 

This process is so bizarre, sometimes illogical.

Besides sending you the best vibes and wishing you a good outcome soon, I'd like to suggest you getting an infopass to inquire about your GC and possibly get an "expedited" AP so you can attend your own wedding as planned. 

I truly, truly hope you get good news ASAP. 💚

Timeline
On 5/24/2019 at 11:40 PM, Allaboutwaiting said:

I think I saw it on the December thread -wish I knew where exactly-, someone sharing about successfully expediting EAD/AP with no emergency or job offer, but just a very compelling letter describing the struggles they've been through.

If I find the post, I'll share it here. 

In the meantime, all the good vibes and best of luck for y'all.

If you happen to find that post, could you let me know where? I would love to read it. I really want to try expediting, but don’t have a very strong reason as per USCIS guidelines. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

8 minutes ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

If you happen to find that post, could you let me know where? I would love to read it. I really want to try expediting, but don’t have a very strong reason as per USCIS guidelines. 

There was another successful case from months ago about someone who claimed financial loss if missing their own wedding -which makes perfect sense as all the money paid to vendors would be lost, plus any penalty that applies-.

I'll try to find the most recent post I saw and share it here. 😊

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

There was another successful case from months ago about someone who claimed financial loss if missing their own wedding -which makes perfect sense as all the money paid to vendors would be lost, plus any penalty that applies-.

I'll try to find the most recent post I saw and share it here. 😊

Thanks so much! I’ll take any help I can get. I plan to write an essay of everything I can think of!!!

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

12 minutes ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

Thanks so much! I’ll take any help I can get. I plan to write an essay of everything I can think of!!!

Didn't find the one I saw this week, but found the one I mentioned, about the missed wedding. 

Here's the link:

Hope it helps. 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Didn't find the one I saw this week, but found the one I mentioned, about the missed wedding. 

Here's the link:

Hope it helps. 

Thank you so much! It's worth a try!! 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We are 206 days (receipt date Nov 1). We would have been eligible to make an inquiry Tuesday after Memorial Day but, alas, USCIS just moved the goal post another 45 days. So now we cannot make and enquiry until we have waited 251 days.

Timeline
5 hours ago, kanderson101 said:

We're trying to expedite as well, although it hardly seems like an expedite after waiting 6 months. We also did it based on financial loss and sent evidence of recent promising job interviews. It's been 5 weeks and haven't heard anything yet :(

I actually said that jokingly to the the tier 1 officer on the phone and she did not think that was funny... she was like “I don’t understand what you mean, you have not hit your 7 months yet” 🙄 

I really hope you hear something this week too! At least 6-10 cases with 200 of mine were approved the last few days so that’s good news at least! 

9 hours ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

Hello everyone. I’m Nikki. It seems like I should start posting in here now. I’m an October filer (PD is October 19, 2018)  Most people from my group have received either their EAD or Green Card by now. I was left behind. I’m at Day 219. I had my Green Card interview in Baltimore 19 days ago. Interview seemed to go well. We laughed, had light, friendly banter. He asked some questions about our relationship. (My husband and I have been together since 2014, traveling back and forth from Canada & US visiting each other, going on trips together, building our relationship.) At the end of our Green Card interview, he said “Your case will be sent for further renew and if you don’t hear anything back in 120 days, you can file an inquiry, but I can’t see it taking even half that time.” 

Regarding EAD...no word on it. So far I have reached out to our Congressman for help (he got a generic response back from USCIS which just said our case was under the jurisdiction of the NBC - which we already know) I’ve been trying to submit a case inquiry online for 12 days after my case finally qualified for an inquiry because I was out of normal processing times and every time I tried to submit it, I got a response back stating “Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing times. An inquiry may not be created at this time. Further information about recent processing times can be viewed on the uscis.gov webpage.” Even though I was 12 days past the normal processing date. I know they’ve since moved the date from October 31 back to September 17, but while I was out of normal processing times, it wouldn’t let me submit an inquiry anyway. 

I’ve also submitted a Case Assistance Request to the Homeland Security Ombudsman. Got a generic email response back saying they received my email, but nothing else. (I don’t expect to hear anything from them either)

I’ve called USCIS so many times. They are always so cold, rude, short & condescending. I have such a hard time understanding WHY people who’ve applied far after me, already have their EAD (some for months now) and I don’t. I understand all cases are different and once a case is opened, the processing time can vary for many reasons...but HOW does a case with a PD way after mine even get looked at before mine in the first place?? USCIS wont shed any light on this, or help me try to understand this process whatsoever. The last lady I spoke with suggested I try to expedite my EAD, so she sent a request. I don’t really know what I’m going say in the letter I send to

them, because my husband makes a great salary and can easily support us both. But the truth is...I’m slowly falling into a depression. I have worked my whole life, left my job of 12 years as a fraud investigator when I moved here 10 months ago. I feel like my independence has been stripped away from me. I can’t visit my family, contribute financially in any way to our household, and it’s been really hard for me the past 2 months especially. I got overly joyous when our interview was scheduled, but when we didn’t get an on the spot approval like I see soooooo many people get, I took it really hard and cried for days on end. 

We planned a huge wedding back home in Canada for October 2019. We thought 13 months was plenty of time, but now I’m very scared. Time is running out and I insist on paying for the wedding myself, as my husband has done sooooo much over the last 10 months. Sorry this post was so long, and if you’ve made it to the end, thank you. I am strutting really hard emotionally. I figured I would move here to the November feed so I don’t feel so alone as most of my October group are happily enjoy all that this country has to offer with their EAD or Green Card. I can usually find a way to accept things that I can understand, and I’m usually very strong emotionally, but I cannot for the life of me understand how this process is fair. They claim to work cases in the order they receive them, but I am proof that this is not true. I feel trapped, held hostage, and brutalized by this process. It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done. 

Well the good news is that you’ve had your interview... try and focus on that, it’s out the way so that’s one step closer so it actually could be any day now!!!🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻I feel you’ll be fine for October but the anxiety must be ruining your wedding plans and enjoyment, it’s really unfair.

My wait time is 17-24 months 😣 for the green card interview with no EAD/AP in sight... and I booked flight tickets to England for July thinking 7 months would be up in June and I would have it by then... but now they have pushed it back I probably will have to cancel the flight/ reschedule and be out of pocket and even more homesick, angry and bitter.  The whole process is a joke, you’re not alone in your struggles and calls to the USCIS robots ...but remember we are all here for support!!! Vent anytime.... it helps lol... I just have 🤬🤬🤬

I hope we all get good news soon 🤞🏻

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.