JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Just now, kanderson101 said:

We haven't received ours either. Actually I had forgotten about that until you posted this. I'm going to to try calling as well 😕

At least we're not alone.

After two hours, I finally got connected to an actual person who then transferred me and then I got the same message as before "Sorry. Due to high call volume we are unable to take your call at this time." Click.

Back to bothering my congressman I guess.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 minute ago, rrobin0609 said:

At least we're not alone.

After two hours, I finally got connected to an actual person who then transferred me and then I got the same message as before "Sorry. Due to high call volume we are unable to take your call at this time." Click.

Back to bothering my congressman I guess.

<_<  terrific. more government incompetence. 

54 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

Just a general question for everyone since it was a hot-ish topic a few months ago. Of those of you who were expecting tax refunds, how many of you have received them? Matt and I were expected almost 2k, sent our taxes at the beginning of March, and still haven't gotten anything. We knew it was going to take a little longer because we had to mail it (as did all of ya'll), but even the IRS website says 4-6 weeks for mailed with DD. I also tried calling their tax question hotline, and it hung up on me after saying that all of their agents were busy rather than putting me on hold.

We're literally having no luck with any government agency ☹️

We still haven't had ours; from what I understand though, ours is 6 weeks for ITIN and then an additional 6-8 weeks for the actual refund...we only received the ITIN last week.

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

34 minutes ago, kdesigner said:

Congratulations!!! Very happy for you!!

Our interview is today in about an hour and a half so this definitely helps. Thank you ❤️

I wish you guys the best of luck, let us know how it goes! ❤️

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Just now, RambaCat said:

We still haven't had ours; from what I understand though, ours is 6 weeks for ITIN and then an additional 6-8 weeks for the actual refund...we only received the ITIN last week.

We didnt have to get an ITIN for Matt. He got his social the day after we got married and we used that on our 1040.

Just now, rrobin0609 said:

We didnt have to get an ITIN for Matt. He got his social the day after we got married and we used that on our 1040.

I wonder what the delay is, then? Aside from...y'know, the fact they have to give out a lot of money and they don't want to. 😂

It sucks though, I'm sorry you guys are going through all of this 😕 

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

On 5/16/2019 at 1:30 PM, Penny&Lee said:

Day 191. Completely and utterly fed up now

@Penny&Lee Did you try calling the USCIS? 

182 days here... 

196 days and counting, two kids my husband had to get two jobs for survival this waiting plus finishing his degree... sincerely this waiting is killing me. I can’t drive, there are no buses in this area for go a least to the park while my husband is not at home( well he never at home) I feel so sad for him. He sleeps maybe 4 hours everyday because he has work and school to do. I don’t have family close, no friends. Sorry guys for this but I needed it to talk with someone. 

Anyone have any advice or first hand knowledge on what to bring when travelling with advanced parole (with the EAD/AP combo card). Planning to bring the card (obviously), and I-797C Notice of Action showing our I-485 application was accepted. And will probably bring a bunch of other forms/evidence just in case! Any thoughts / advice is appreciated.

Thanks 😄

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I’m convinced our applications are in a pile on the desk of someone who only works Mon-Wed. 0 movement in the past 2 days around and about our #. 😓

K1 VISA

NOA1 - Dec 12

NOA2 - June 29

Visa in hand - Sept 22

POE - Sept 25 

Marriage - Oct 6 🥂

AOS

Packet Sent - Nov 5, 2018

NOA1 - Nov 9, 2018

NOA1 Received in mail - Nov 16, 2018

EAD Card Approved - June 4, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Luna3716 said:

Anyone have any advice or first hand knowledge on what to bring when travelling with advanced parole (with the EAD/AP combo card). Planning to bring the card (obviously), and I-797C Notice of Action showing our I-485 application was accepted. And will probably bring a bunch of other forms/evidence just in case! Any thoughts / advice is appreciated.

Thanks 😄

That's a good question. I won't be using AP with until August with POE @ Seattle but I plan to bring:

• "My awful pictured" combo card
  • Copies of NOA1 for I-765, I-131, I-485
  • Copy of my marriage certificate
  • A photocopy of my passport (in case I loose it-you never can be too careful),
  • "My awful pictured" US DL Real ID LOL.
  • Might bring copy of lease, bank statements too (not sure if really needed and if it'll be TMI but sure)... 

Maybe a bit much but sure what's the harm :) 

Edited by jakejon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, jakejon said:

That's a good question. I won't be using AP with until August with POE @ Seattle but I plan to bring: "my awful pictured" combo card, copies of NOA1 for I-765, I-131, I-485 and a copy of my marriage certificate, a photocopy of my passport (in case I loose it-you never can be too careful), "my awful pictured" US DL Real ID LOL. I'm kinda guessing that it's all they need. Might bring copy of lease, bank statements too (not sure if really needed and if it'll be TMI but sure)... :) 

If you have a valid AP document, why are you carrying the NOAs for I-765, I-131, and I-485?  It seems to me that your passport, marriage certificate, valid AP/EAD combo card, and Real ID are sufficient........I'm not criticizing....I'm just interested..  I would save that room in my carry-on for goodies, souvenirs, etc...😁

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
18 minutes ago, missileman said:

If you have a valid AP document, why are you carrying the NOAs for I-765, I-131, and I-485?  It seems to me that your passport, marriage certificate, valid AP/EAD combo card, and Real ID are sufficient........I'm not criticizing....I'm just interested..  I would save that room in my carry-on for goodies, souvenirs, etc...😁

Yeah I agree! I'm probably just over thinking out of cautiousness when in reality not needed as you say!  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, jakejon said:

Yeah I agree! I'm probably just over thinking out of cautiousness when in reality not needed as you say!  

Yea, this process makes us over-think everything......good thing I was already OCD.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Eleet90 said:

196 days and counting, two kids my husband had to get two jobs for survival this waiting plus finishing his degree... sincerely this waiting is killing me. I can’t drive, there are no buses in this area for go a least to the park while my husband is not at home( well he never at home) I feel so sad for him. He sleeps maybe 4 hours everyday because he has work and school to do. I don’t have family close, no friends. Sorry guys for this but I needed it to talk with someone. 

Have not been following your story so I apologize in advance if am being repetitive-
Have you called USCIS? sometimes you can get a Tier II individual that might be nice to you.

Also, I know you said there's no buses in the area. Is there anything walking distance from you that you can apply for a job at?
Sometimes ANY type of job offer and proof of financial difficulty can get your EAD expedited.
Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.