JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

USCIS makes me want to bang my head against a wall.

They acknowledged we sent "an English translation of a foreign BC" and basically said they needed an photocopy of the original language from the correct authority. But there is only one place in the UK that does BC. And again... original language. So its not like they could even be like "oops! we lost it!" because they stated they knew we sent it!

Image result for banging head on wall

I totally understand you. I want to say out loud what's in my mind but I just zip-it. 🤐

19 hours ago, Danieliz said:

I also just reached day 180 today. 😭 This wait is driving me crazy, I can't even go to the supermarket alone because I never got a SSN and therefore no driving license.

The worst part is that I don't even care anymore and don't even want to be in the US. In the beginning I was so hopeful, but now I hate everything here. First thing I will do when getting my AP is to jump on the first plane back to Germany and visit/relax for some months there. 🙂

We’re on day 189 for EAD/AP with no information other than emails saying there have been no changes 😭 We received an update on our 485 that our case is ready to be scheduled for an interview but it’s been at that status for 43 days now so we have no hope of hearing about a scheduled interview any time soon. Now we’re just counting down until we can inquire with immigration because it doesn’t seem like we’ll hear an approval before then. It’s all so frustrating. My husband has been going stir crazy and also can’t drive like you. He has a SSN but our DMV told us that without a valid visa he can’t get a license so we have to wait until his EAD comes through.

We hope to also leave the stares for a holiday once we receive his AP!

Fingers crossed you hear soon so you can visit family!

3 hours ago, rrobin0609 said:

We got a pitiful response from our inquiry through our congressman asking about why we were issued our idiotic RFIE. All USCIS said was "we can confirm the case is pending". Okay fine USCIS, but not what we asked about. We literally only wanted to know why and English BC in the English language was not satisfactory for our case but I guess since that isn't a yes or no question you don't know how to answer it. Next time I'll write a multiple choice question so they can practically be spoon feed the answer 🙄

On the October board, someone who got an RFIE for their AOS called USCIS tier 2 who informed them that because their is an RFIE on that they wont look at EAD/AP until the evidence has been reviewed. Doubly foul up by USCIS in my opinion. Just puts me in a terrible mood 24/7. Tomorrow is happy hour after work so I'm going to get sufficiently drunk.

My mom is trying to get involved by poking our congress man even more (tweeting at him at 10:30pm) and sending us information about who our local government reps are. I had to explain to her last night that we're still 17 days out before being considered out of normal processing time so no one is going to pay attention to us. I do appreciate her zeal and wish I had it, but she still isn't aware that its a waiting game no matter what.

Seriously considering a letter writing campaign to my Senators to create and sponsor a bill that should guarantee a decision on EAD and AP within 90 days of filing. The NBC is in their state so they should be aware and care how bad it is. I doubt it come to fruition, but I like complaining to as many people as possible.

What happened to you guys is simply unacceptable. I can't believe it has been over a month and they haven't been able to fix an issue THEY created. 

It is totally worth complaining as much as you can. This process is already very stressful and way longer than it should, so there's no space for the kind of "mistakes" they committed with you. 

2 hours ago, Gand2018 said:

I was nervous too until we got called into the interview room and met the most friendly officer. It was more of a conversation rather than a grilling interview session. Lasted all of 20 minutes. We are going to San Juan, PR for some sun and sand. I’m excited. Your time is coming too!! 👌😁

Oh good! I'm hoping our officer is like that too! We've been to the same building for social security cards and they were super sweet! So hoping for another nice person! And awwww have so much fun! Enjoy! 😎🌞

6 minutes ago, Penny&Lee said:

Day 191. Completely and utterly fed up now

Ugh I'm so frustrated for you guys :( I remember we had the K-1 interviews on the same day! Sending you guys all the positive thoughts and vibes!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

So I don't know how true this is but my husband was just talking to someone in our congress woman's office (who was very sympathetic but ultimately unable to help with basically anything), and she mentioned that processing times are between 6-8 months now. I just checked the processing times on USCIS's website and it still says 5-7 months so I don't know if that's true or not, but I figured I'd let people know what we're being told. 

I definitely burst into tears when he told me that though. Yay for weird stress crying at work :wacko: 

6 minutes ago, kanderson101 said:

So I don't know how true this is but my husband was just talking to someone in our congress woman's office (who was very sympathetic but ultimately unable to help with basically anything), and she mentioned that processing times are between 6-8 months now. I just checked the processing times on USCIS's website and it still says 5-7 months so I don't know if that's true or not, but I figured I'd let people know what we're being told. 

I definitely burst into tears when he told me that though. Yay for weird stress crying at work :wacko: 

Oh I have broken down at my managers desk before crying about this process 🤦‍♀️ luckily she is very sweet! But still, embarrassing! Thanks USCIS for making us cry at work 😂

19 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

New Green Card is being produced!

Interview went well; will do a full review later but-

He asked EVERY question and wanted EVERY document; he asked it before I could offer it too. The interview lasted about 30 minutes; with as much detail as we had, we're kinda hoping that our interview will be waived.

He could see we had already had a medical done for those wondering.

Off to the beach, just wanted to update you!

Congratulations!

Eagerly awaiting for that full review, including every detail possible. :D

36 minutes ago, kanderson101 said:

28 minutes ago, Ash&Jaye said:

Oh I have broken down at my managers desk before crying about this process 🤦‍♀️ luckily she is very sweet! But still, embarrassing! Thanks USCIS for making us cry at work 😂

If a government agency makes you cry while going through what should be a normal process, then something is truly wrong. 😐

1 hour ago, Ash&Jaye said:

Ugh I'm so frustrated for you guys :( I remember we had the K-1 interviews on the same day! Sending you guys all the positive thoughts and vibes!

I remember too! Thank you 💛

29 minutes ago, Katelyngene said:

We’re right behind you on day 189 😰 So fed up and frustrated. I keep thinking this week will be it but then Friday comes along and nothing.

Hopefully soon!

I really hope so. Best of luck to you guys too

17 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

If a government agency makes you cry while going through what should be a normal process, then something is truly wrong. 😐

This process feels anything but normal! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.