JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, RambaCat said:

Actually, we had the biometrics appointment through before the hardcopy NOA1s! Still no sign of the hardcopies, so I'll have to contact USCIS on the 9th when they're supposed to have arrived by :(

we've had issues with mail though because it's a new apartment and for whatever reason the leasing office decided not to put my husband's last name on the mailbox, only our roommate's, so it's likely that they got returned to USCIS

That is strange indeed, but I don't think I has any influence on your application, probably just a problem with the mail delivery. You still have your case numbers on the biometric appointment letter, but make sure you resolve this mail issue, because it can be an issue if you don't receive your interview appointment letter in the future.

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Hello everyone! I’m some what in the same boat! Sent our paper work Nov 20. No NOA1s receive as of December 3. But our checks were cash on November 27. Our lawyer told us to except a letter this week so we’ll see. I’m so grateful for you all.. just to know we’re not the only one going through this definitely helps. Blessing to us all for this journey to be short and sweet!  

7 minutes ago, Gibus said:

That is strange indeed, but I don't think I has any influence on your application, probably just a problem with the mail delivery. You still have your case numbers on the biometric appointment letter, but make sure you resolve this mail issue, because it can be an issue if you don't receive your interview appointment letter in the future.

Oh I'm not too worried, I'd just like the hard copies for my records! We still have our text messages! :)

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
23 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

Oh I'm not too worried, I'd just like the hard copies for my records! We still have our text messages! :)

I just needed mine to renew my DL and I still prefer keeping a copy with me since I live near the south border ;)

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey guys, we finally received the Social Security card this past Saturday, 2.5 weeks after manual verification, not bad. we filed literally 3 days before that😒 

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We received the appointment letter for biometrics Saturday (December 1st) with an appointment scheduled December 13. That'll be a month after they received our I-485 and accompanying applications.  Scary fast given the wait times we are used to! 

4 minutes ago, Starconspirator said:

We received the appointment letter for biometrics Saturday (December 1st) with an appointment scheduled December 13. That'll be a month after they received our I-485 and accompanying applications.  Scary fast given the wait times we are used to! 

True but after you do your biometrics you are back to shut up and wait status for many months or even years+.

2 hours ago, Soul Mate said:

Hello everyone! I’m some what in the same boat! Sent our paper work Nov 20. No NOA1s receive as of December 3. But our checks were cash on November 27. Our lawyer told us to except a letter this week so we’ll see. I’m so grateful for you all.. just to know we’re not the only one going through this definitely helps. Blessing to us all for this journey to be short and sweet!  

Update:  received  All 3 NOA1 today

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We received an RFE today.  Indicates that the petitioner must submit a complete federal income tax return submitted to the IRS.  We are confused when we sent the last 3 years of tax transcripts with our AOS.

When I search for federal tax return copy it gives me instructions on how to obtain a tax transcript.  We’ve done that already.  

Also, does this RFE also slow down the EAD and AP process? Or the separate?

Hi guys! Sent our AOS packet on 11/26, delivered on 11/30. Waiting for receipt notifications or cheque encashment. Geez! It's like I-129F  all over again 😅😅😅

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey, can anyone help…. I am using a lawyer for this AOS stage… I have gave him everything he needs to file, however we are now stuck as he is requesting/basically saying I need to go and have ANOTHER medical done. Can anyone explain this, form my research it seemed you do not need one (so soon/ again)  for this step, but he has told me if I choose not to it then it is my decision but risk having our application summarily denied? 

Thanks in advance! ( This is probably where the majority of you tell me i didn't even need a lawyer at this stage) …..

2 hours ago, Gem&Corey said:

Hey, can anyone help…. I am using a lawyer for this AOS stage… I have gave him everything he needs to file, however we are now stuck as he is requesting/basically saying I need to go and have ANOTHER medical done. Can anyone explain this, form my research it seemed you do not need one (so soon/ again)  for this step, but he has told me if I choose not to it then it is my decision but risk having our application summarily denied? 

Thanks in advance! ( This is probably where the majority of you tell me i didn't even need a lawyer at this stage) …..

Read this please @Gem&Corey:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/690793-do-i-need-a-new-medical/?do=findComment&comment=9473645

3 hours ago, Gem&Corey said:

Why add to the expense and the time by using a lawyer for AOS?  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 hours ago, Pengunista said:

@Gem&Corey the medical test is not more than a year right? As far as I know you don’t need to do another medical test. 

Correct, I had it September 20th this year! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.