BJ & Christine

November 2018 I-129 Filers

1,040 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, EmiAndIgli said:

I called yesterday we have the same dates! I was on hold for 35 minutes finally got through to someone she said it’s currently being processed no background checks completed yet. She said to call back 15-30 days if I don’t get any notifications 

Okay, thanks for your response.

10 hours ago, Jo Eun said:

the lawyer just helped us prepare for i129f document and made sure both our letters were written clear.

He also helped my fiance (petitioner) to fill in the boxes and whatever had to be filled in that document. 

Once we got Noa 1, the lawyer just told us to wait. Luckily, I went on to search what my next steps were while waiting for noa 2, which was to get police certificate from different countries I lived on for more than a year after age 16. The lawyer did not realize that I needed one from China, until I mentioned it to him. 

I'm guessing we will get a noa 2 letter by next week and once we officially receive it, the lawyer will tell me what I should start preparing for the interview. 

I recommend that you stay connected to everything that is required to complete the interview and receive your visa. Lawyers have a tendency not to always know what the "latest" is so for you being here on VJ is a good thing as it allows you to read the experiences of others.  To that end I am going to give you some links to use for South Korea.

P3 letter is found on the embassy website

https://kr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/packet3-k/

Preparation materials for the interview

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/kr/kr-iv-typek1k2.asp

Your country's portal here on VJ

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=South%20Korea

Your country/regional discussion here on VJ where you can ask more specific questions about your case with others from SK.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/90-asia-east-and-pacific/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:43 PM, jeka1700 said:

Hello everyone. Another day ends without my love. :(. I'm still waiting for news. How are you? 

I'm doing fine. My wife and I are working on the N400 for naturalization. Big step for us. I hope you will hear something soon. Best regards :D

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

10 hours ago, Raizee said:

@Jo Eun the lawyer helped you for case preparation or anything else too? 

You can do this without a lawyer. Here is what you need. Read and follow and you will be fine.

Don't do anything in advance until the case is ready at embassy and the embassy sends you an email to the petitioner to follow these steps for Scheduling interview, Medical exam, police clearance etc. 

P3 Letter

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ClZRCaQal3op29l-Gk17rk7eNtDCd-sH/view?usp=sharing

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-AE/niv.

You should go to your sub-forum website here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/97-middle-east-and-north-africa/ and here is a recent thread for some who are processing a K-1 and their recent experience (see below).

Also, more info here from your portal http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United

A wealth of information on this thread

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/667916-k1-visa-interview-at-us-embassy-abu-dhabi/

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ae/niv

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ae/niv/information/niv

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United Arab Emirates&cty=Abu Dhabi

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

16 hours ago, W.Rominger said:

we hired a lawyer and sent out our application ( to lawyer) in August 2018. in November they contacted us for more i-129 filing details : letter of consent from both of us, m name in my native language...
after that, no further contact or update from lawyer ever again....

my questions would be...

what's your experience with hiring a lawyer? do u find it easier having a lawyer??

Do you get to track the progress when you apply all by yourself? our lawyer told us to "wait, we will let you know when we need you for next step".

Having a lawyer and not having VJ is not well advise. Too many "lawyers" typically don't have all the information, the do what they want and not what the client ask and I have seen too many mistakes. Having said that you can do this process. First start out at this link below. Read the first link of the thread where there is a lot of information.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

After many days of my fiancée and I checking the online status every hour I gave USCIS a call and they told me we had been approved and that our notice had been mailed out yesterday! 

😁

We’re very happy and now on to the NVC process. My fiancée just recently changed addresses, does anyone know what I need to do to notify the NVC and when I should do this?

Some might want to give them a call to check on their status if you haven’t received word yet. :)

11 minutes ago, JNLindquist said:

After many days of my fiancée and I checking the online status every hour I gave USCIS a call and they told me we had been approved and that our notice had been mailed out yesterday! 

😁

We’re very happy and now on to the NVC process. My fiancée just recently changed addresses, does anyone know what I need to do to notify the NVC and when I should do this?

Some might want to give them a call to check on their status if you haven’t received word yet. :)

Head on over to the March K1 NOA2 to NVC thread and read the first post everything you need to know is there congrats

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 3/20/2019 at 7:36 AM, Jo Eun said:

just got another email saying that the new website also said approved :D

Now head on over to and congrats.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 3/19/2019 at 4:43 PM, jeka1700 said:

Hello everyone. Another day ends without my love. :(. I'm still waiting for news. How are you? 

On 3/19/2019 at 6:37 PM, msrodriguez said:

@jeka1700 still waiting 😩

Any day now and you are approved hang in there both of you!

Citizenship Complete!

On 3/20/2019 at 1:35 AM, W.Rominger said:

we hired a lawyer and sent out our application ( to lawyer) in August 2018. in November they contacted us for more i-129 filing details : letter of consent from both of us, m name in my native language...
after that, no further contact or update from lawyer ever again....

my questions would be...

what's your experience with hiring a lawyer? do u find it easier having a lawyer??

Do you get to track the progress when you apply all by yourself? our lawyer told us to "wait, we will let you know when we need you for next step".

I never even considered hiring a lawyer or using an agency to prepare my petition even before I stumbled upon VJ and once I got here and became familiar with the place and started reading about what lawyers did (agencies too) I was very glad i didn't consider using either. It was money well saved. Consider doing the rest of your future journey yourself. You being here  makes you off to a great start.

Citizenship Complete!

On 3/18/2019 at 8:18 PM, GaLy said:

And it takes a week to get notified by mail. 

@GaLy Arggg you are close dude you should be jumping up and down real soon!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, JNLindquist said:

😁

Congrats! Inwill eventually try calling, if I don’t hear nothing soon✌🏻

10 minutes ago, Helenlc said:

So we just checked the new site and.....

March 18, 2019

Case Was Approved

On March 18, 2019, we approved your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)

I may be happy dancing at the moment 

Congrats now come on over to the March K1 NOA2 to NVC thread once your finished dancing!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Helenlc said:

So we just checked the new site and.....

March 18, 2019

Case Was Approved

On March 18, 2019, we approved your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)

I may be happy dancing at the moment 

Congrats

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.