New is

Thank you! 

Packet Sent 10/18

Delivered to Lockbox 10/21

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

we hired a lawyer and sent out our application ( to lawyer) in August 2018. in November they contacted us for more i-129 filing details : letter of consent from both of us, m name in my native language...
after that, no further contact or update from lawyer ever again....

my questions would be...

what's your experience with hiring a lawyer? do u find it easier having a lawyer??

Do you get to track the progress when you apply all by yourself? our lawyer told us to "wait, we will let you know when we need you for next step".

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 minute ago, W.Rominger said:

we hired a lawyer and sent out our application ( to lawyer) in August 2018. in November they contacted us for more i-129 filing details : letter of consent from both of us, m name in my native language...
after that, no further contact or update from lawyer ever again....

my questions would be...

what's your experience with hiring a lawyer? do u find it easier having a lawyer??

Do you get to track the progress when you apply all by yourself? our lawyer told us to "wait, we will let you know when we need you for next step".

Got experience from my friend. Better we take care of it by ourself. She spent 2500 bucks and got nothing. The lawyer was so slowww and finally she cut the contract and continuing by herself.

Hopefully your lawyer will take care of it till the end of the process 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, ShahnazSyahr said:

Got experience from my friend. Better we take care of it by ourself. She spent 2500 bucks and got nothing. The lawyer was so slowww and finally she cut the contract and continuing by herself.

Hopefully your lawyer will take care of it till the end of the process 

I didnt even get a notice for receiving NOV1 or not... 😭

dont find it more relief hiring a lawyer at all

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, W.Rominger said:

I didnt even get a notice for receiving NOV1 or not... 😭

dont find it more relief hiring a lawyer at all

My friend is a December fillers, well actually she was november fillers, her fiance send the I-129f package to their lawyer on November but NOA1 just received on 31st December. If you do it by yourself (like me and my fiance) it is definitely more complicated since we didn't know at all about the procedure before, but worth to try. As time goes by we get used to it.

Me and my fiance send our package on 3rd of November then we got NOA1 on 13th November, It's easier to track by us.

Please just get more often to check your package from your lawyer as often as you can till they get tired and finally they will work harder  

Timeline
1 hour ago, ShahnazSyahr said:

My friend is a December fillers, well actually she was november fillers, her fiance send the I-129f package to their lawyer on November but NOA1 just received on 31st December. If you do it by yourself (like me and my fiance) it is definitely more complicated since we didn't know at all about the procedure before, but worth to try. As time goes by we get used to it.

Me and my fiance send our package on 3rd of November then we got NOA1 on 13th November, It's easier to track by us.

Please just get more often to check your package from your lawyer as often as you can till they get tired and finally they will work harder  

May i know when you track, what information would you get from the site?

Does it only tells you the case is pending, or it would give you details where its at and how long it might take to get through this step?

we asked our lawyer and it seems like she knows nothing about where and how far our application went 

19 hours ago, Jo Eun said:

WE GOT APPROVED TODAY!!

noa 1: nov. 8th (receipt date), nov. 15th (notice date) 

noa 2: march 19th

Praise the Lord!!!! We got an email from the new website saying it got approved!

Congratulations, we have same dates :) 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Raizee said:

Congratulations, we have same dates :) 

What a good news!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

thank you everyone!

we also hired a lawyer since we had no idea how to start. The lawyer was helpful enough for us thankfully, but I also had to do further research on my own to get criminal records from a different country. 

1 minute ago, Jo Eun said:

thank you everyone!

we also hired a lawyer since we had no idea how to start. The lawyer was helpful enough for us thankfully, but I also had to do further research on my own to get criminal records from a different country. 

@Jo Eun the lawyer helped you for case preparation or anything else too? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

the lawyer just helped us prepare for i129f document and made sure both our letters were written clear.

He also helped my fiance (petitioner) to fill in the boxes and whatever had to be filled in that document. 

Once we got Noa 1, the lawyer just told us to wait. Luckily, I went on to search what my next steps were while waiting for noa 2, which was to get police certificate from different countries I lived on for more than a year after age 16. The lawyer did not realize that I needed one from China, until I mentioned it to him. 

I'm guessing we will get a noa 2 letter by next week and once we officially receive it, the lawyer will tell me what I should start preparing for the interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.