Galina

To whom it may consern...

123 posts in this topic

This thread only started turning negative and mean once you guys from outside the Russia forum started posting, and it's a real shame. I am all for diversity, but not in a thread that is for people who want info SPECIFICALLY about Russia, and people with Russian husbands, wives, fiance(e)s, etc. It's not that we don't like you, or whatever else negative you are all trying to imply. Please, save this ####### for "Off topic" forum.

Need I remind you of the title of this thread....? She directed it to 'old time posters' and even specifically said that she thought I would appreciate hearing her side of the story, since I exchanged posts with Russ some time ago....

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
This thread only started turning negative and mean once you guys from outside the Russia forum started posting, and it's a real shame. I am all for diversity, but not in a thread that is for people who want info SPECIFICALLY about Russia, and people with Russian husbands, wives, fiance(e)s, etc. It's not that we don't like you, or whatever else negative you are all trying to imply. Please, save this ####### for "Off topic" forum.

There is no logic in what you just said. This is not a thread asking for SPECIFIC Russian information...it was one about a woman making claims about her husband and the atrocities he allegedly committed.

I truly wonder why many people in this forum feel such a sense of ownership here...oh wait a second, you were the one who said you didn't see that, right?

Well if you see no sense of ownership, we don't have a problem then, do we? Since it belongs to no one... ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Ok, BUT she posted it on the Russia thread, as did Russ when he was writing. If she had wanted EVERYONE to see it, has been said, it would have been posted elsewhere.

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

Ok, BUT she posted it on the Russia thread, as did Russ when he was writing. If she had wanted EVERYONE to see it, has been said, it would have been posted elsewhere.

Oh, like a PUBLIC message board, for example?

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Do you think this is displayed in an invisible font only visible to US-Russians?

Do you grasp the concept of 'Today's Active Topics' and 'View Related Topics' and 'Recent Posts'?

And why are you flip flopping with your complaint? Do you even have a valid one? Yesterday it was 'hey there's no ownership mentality' today it's 'get out of my forum!' earlier it was 'you have no business in a Russian specific thread' and when pointed out it had nowt to do with being Russian, now it's 'oh well it's in this forum so beat it'

Get it through your head...you don't own this forum. Many times posters will come here accidentally...as did I with the first post I made here. That does not give anyone here the right to call names and have tantrums cos 'interlopers' are here. In fact, it's the most curious behavior on this whole site.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

This is entirely too much drama! I benefit from reading all forums. Why the territoriality and harsh words? We're here to help each other. If you don't like a post- state your grievance- and move on!

K-1

July 27 2006 Met/Fell in love on a sailing trip in Turkey

March 2 2007 Mailed I-129F Overnight Express

March 15 2007 NOA2 e-mail

March 21 2007 spoke with NVC- case mailed today (via DHL) to Ankara

March 28 2007 Packet 3 sent...(to me?) waiting

NEVER RECEIVED Packet 3- downloaded from Ankara website

May 14, 2007 Packet 3 sent to Ankara Embassy

June 13 2007 interview

May 21 appeal approved- interview rescheduled for 5 July 2007

5 July 2007 interview!

July 10- Visa in hand!!!

September 26 2007- Omer arrives JFK POE

November 23 2007- Married!

AOS

February 23 2008 Finally sent AOS to Chicago

March 4 2008 NOA1 for all 3 AOS documents (rcvd from Missouri Center?)

March 26 Biometrics

March 28 EAD touch

March 29 RFE- Birth Cert. translation :(

April 8- RFE received; case resumed processing (at National Benefits Center)

April 11- Case transferred to California Service Center

April 29 - EAD and AP approved... finally honeymoon in Mexico!

May 29- AOS approved e-mail received!!!!!!

June 7- Greencard arrived in mail!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You are just twisting my words, I was confused about what you meant my ownership, but nothing else has changed. All we want is to keep the Russia forum on Russian related topics. If you come here by accident, read the top of the screen, it tells you where you are. We don't need people just coming in to "throw popcorn", be negative, and irritate people. I never use these "recent topic, new posts, etc" for the very reason that I am not going to just post on any old topic, because I have nothing better to do. The topic was posted here because Galina is Russian, and because Russ posted his info here on the Russia thread. Phila, they haven't been helping anyone here, and that's the problem. It's good if you can benefit reading all threads, but coming and then started arguments is something else. You guys are just going back and forth trying to see who can be meaner. I am done with the drama.

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

You are just twisting my words, I was confused about what you meant my ownership, but nothing else has changed. All we want is to keep the Russia forum on Russian related topics. If you come here by accident, read the top of the screen, it tells you where you are. We don't need people just coming in to "throw popcorn", be negative, and irritate people. I never use these "recent topic, new posts, etc" for the very reason that I am not going to just post on any old topic, because I have nothing better to do. The topic was posted here because Galina is Russian, and because Russ posted his info here on the Russia thread. Phila, they haven't been helping anyone here, and that's the problem. It's good if you can benefit reading all threads, but coming and then started arguments is something else. You guys are just going back and forth trying to see who can be meaner. I am done with the drama.

You've missed the point *again*. I was not starting an argument. I was genuinely curious about why people feel the need to mud-sling in public. Generally, it's some form of revenge... and I just don't understand that. Venting, sure. But point by counter point, this abuse, that abuse? If you're gonna post it, you can expect people to read and comment. It's really that simple.

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

You are just twisting my words, I was confused about what you meant my ownership, but nothing else has changed. All we want is to keep the Russia forum on Russian related topics. If you come here by accident, read the top of the screen, it tells you where you are. We don't need people just coming in to "throw popcorn", be negative, and irritate people. I never use these "recent topic, new posts, etc" for the very reason that I am not going to just post on any old topic, because I have nothing better to do. The topic was posted here because Galina is Russian, and because Russ posted his info here on the Russia thread. Phila, they haven't been helping anyone here, and that's the problem. It's good if you can benefit reading all threads, but coming and then started arguments is something else. You guys are just going back and forth trying to see who can be meaner I am done with the drama.

Galina posted her grievances in a public forum. And Galina strikes me as a strong enough woman who is capable of standing up for herself should she feel the need to.

Your posting style is your own, and that's great. But people DO use those links as I've described. They are here for that reason.

No one came in here with the intention of a ####### fling....but I feel you guys/gals who have so forcefully expressed your displeasure could use a lesson in manners. There is no need for name calling, is there? And there's no need to jump on the defensive and shove words down our throats...check out that other thread by AKDiver...no 'non US/R' poster in here has said any of those things. But we're credited with them.

Don't you wonder why?

I have offered support to Galina on this thread. I have even offered a helpful word to Russ when he PMd me to give a bit of backstory (an interloper! go figure!), and was thanked by him for my reply. I noticed that the two people this thread is about...Russ and Galina...have been far more gracious in the dealings with us 'interlopers' than everyone else who's claiming to do so out of respect for Galina and her issue.

I marvel at the woman Galina is and I think she's an immensely well-spoken, very intelligent woman. I would relish any conversation that I have with her in future, and I admire her spirit. I don't think she needs a bodyguard, and I think she's more than capable enough of speaking for herself..so the assertation that she posted simply because she is Russian, is wrong, imo. You can read her intent in the first few lines of her first post here.

Again, if you don't like the presence of The Others in 'your' forum whilst you all discuss sensitive-topics...then perhaps another venue with a password would work best. Otherwise, please keep in mind the meaning of 'public forum'.

Edited by LisaD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

#######? Like where? On your secret private Russia-only password protected forum on another planet?

It's a PUBLIC FORUM. It's open and available to THE ENTIRE WORLD.

Since many people find it interesting to learn about the experiences of those here on VJ with S.O.s from different countries than our own, we often read posts in other forums. Especially if if we click on the "view new posts" button.

Not to mention the thread title. It didn't say "secret special for Russian couples only"

It said"

Just to remind old time posters

Guess what? I'm an "old time poster". She INVITED me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Dear everybody,

This has gotten nasty. Let's all try to refrain from unnecessary arguing and blaming, and try to preserve peace on this message board. In all its threads and topics.

Peace!!! (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F)

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Timeline
Anyone for a Vodka..... its one of the best thing to come from russia...

Kez

I hate vodka :angry:

:)

Filed AOS from F-1

Timeline
I hate vodka :angry:

:)

Even Grey Goose? That stuff is the best! (L)

Nope!! :)

Filed AOS from F-1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.