Galina

To whom it may consern...

123 posts in this topic

If all women from Russia are so different, and the way you describe them is pretty but insane, then why the he!! are you with them?

Excuse my ignorance, I thought people were people all over the world. Wasn't aware Russian women had been replaced with fembots. :huh:

As a Russian woman, this really offends me. Do you think that this is just a forum for American guys with Russian fiancees/wives? There is clearly so much you don't know/understand, and I don't really want to waste my time explaining it to you.

??? What?

Alex was making a point to be supportive of Russian women.

I could be wrong, but maybe Milenka was offended because everyone seems to think all Russian~American couples are a Russian woman and American man. In actuality there are also many American woman/Russian man couples too.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Secondly, I have been shocked and appalled by things I've read in this forum (VAWA and me thread, for instance). Women are often treated as chattel and unapologetically told that they're valued for their looks and even when someone tells them they value something else, they really mean they like their physical appearance. The guys with wives from the Phils get a bad rap for that stuff, but it's on full display here.

There were a lot of posts that I wanted to respond to, but this one kind of sums it up. Once again, I'm not going to waste my keystrokes in an attempt to explain the intricacies of a U.S./FSU relationship.

For you women that are on here "defending" the Russian women on this forum, (while simultaneously pointing fingers at the guys married to them) your posts alone are evidence that you haven't a clue about the mentality or psyche of the Russian woman. Without that, you most definitely have no insight what-so-ever into their relationships.

Just to give you a little insight.....

You're not "defending" American women here, or women from the Western World. (Like Canada/U.K.) You're actually defending a "woman" in general, but you're placing her into a category with yourself.... I'd be careful if I was you! You think you're getting some Springer drama from the husbands.... stir the hornet's nest of wives!!!

Just keep in mind, the women that are "in" this forum are not like you. That's why they're "in" this forum. Why you're "in" this forum, I'm still trying to comprehend. Of course, it's probably the same reason you're "in" men's athletics, physically demanding jobs, and other "traditionally male dominated" parts of life.

If you just got mad from my post.... instead of saying "Yes of course, man should have man stuff and woman should have woman stuff" then you need to also save your keystrokes and head over to the Off Topic forum to throw your popcorn.

I agree with you, Slim.

If all women from Russia are so different, and the way you describe them is pretty but insane, then why the he!! are you with them?

Excuse my ignorance, I thought people were people all over the world. Wasn't aware Russian women had been replaced with fembots. :huh:

I also wanted to say that yes, I was offended not just because there are AW/RM relationships here, but also because there are also Russian women who are on this forum. I also don't remember anyone writing, that all Russian women are insane. I don't understand the reference to fembots, I am not even sure what that is, but I also don't remember anyone writing that either. How is this post by Alex+R, supportive to Russian women?

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I also wanted to say that yes, I was offended not just because there are AW/RM relationships here, but also because there are also Russian women who are on this forum.
Don't forget about the Russian (FSU) Man (sponsor) and Russian (FSU) Woman (beneficiary) on here like me as well! Just I immigrated almost two decades ago as a child!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I also wanted to say that yes, I was offended not just because there are AW/RM relationships here, but also because there are also Russian women who are on this forum.
Don't forget about the Russian (FSU) Man (sponsor) and Russian (FSU) Woman (beneficiary) on here like me as well! Just I immigrated almost two decades ago as a child!

Yes, that's also true! Sorry for leaving that out. I nearly had the same situation. My mom was pregnant with me when they got to the US:)

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Milenka and whoever else,

I was commenting on the way some men in this forum talk about Russian women, not how I see Russian women myself. My comment was sarcastic, (I thought) obviously.

I was commenting on the way some men in this forum talk about Russian women, not how I see Russian women myself. My comment was sarcastic, (I thought) obviously.

And therein lies the problem. You're commenting on how men in this forum talk about Russian women in this forum when you have no insight into how the women in this forum talk about themselves. You're basing your oppinions not on what you see yourself, but on other women you know.

Thanks for stopping by. See you in the Off Topic forum!

Or, really, if all of the A/Ws or others that are "just visiting" would like to stay and chat for a while, by all means do it. You wanna talk about a forum in which a new perspective will be found, and you're attempting to help the Russian women find it... I think in the end you'll realize that it's not them that finds a new perspective, but you!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

And therein lies the problem. You're commenting on how men in this forum talk about Russian women in this forum when you have no insight into how the women in this forum talk about themselves. You're basing your oppinions not on what you see yourself, but on other women you know.

Or, really, if all of the A/Ws or others that are "just visiting" would like to stay and chat for a while, by all means do it. You wanna talk about a forum in which a new perspective will be found, and you're attempting to help the Russian women find it... I think in the end you'll realize that it's not them that finds a new perspective, but you!

Oh my Lord! You guys turned so mean in this forum. I used to bounce in here once in a while to see what's going on. I understood the part about Russ & Galina. But the rest shocked me. We are a VJ team, here to help each other out. The forums I guess are a way of grouping to help with cultural differences, not a means to exclude... at least I thought. Now people are changing signatures to include "Interlopers go home"? And now, thanks for stopping by, get going to the off topic forum... how welcoming I must say. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, that's what makes us all unique and special :luv:

So now do I have to get out my family tree to dig up the roots to see where my Russian roots somewhere lay, in order to bounce in here or contribute? :wacko:

12140.gif

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Speaking for myself-*I* am basing my opinions entirely on what I have seen for myself here in this forum; but hey, if Russian women really are happy (like you say) with being spoken about like they are here; and the husbands are all OK with it, then all is dandy , no? Also if everyone is so happy/secure/dandy, why the annoyance at " interlopers" having an opinion? It IS a public forum, afterall...... :thumbs:

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
You guys turned so mean in this forum.
Yes, yes, we're mean, awful, terrible people! You should stay away from us, it might be contagious!!
So now do I have to get out my family tree to dig up the roots to see where my Russian roots somewhere lay, in order to bounce in here or contribute?
Read my sig.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Edited by akdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Oh my Lord! You guys turned so mean in this forum. I used to bounce in here once in a while to see what's going on. I understood the part about Russ & Galina. But the rest shocked me. We are a VJ team, here to help each other out. The forums I guess are a way of grouping to help with cultural differences, not a means to exclude... at least I thought. Now people are changing signatures to include "Interlopers go home"? And now, thanks for stopping by, get going to the off topic forum... how welcoming I must say. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, that's what makes us all unique and special :luv:

So now do I have to get out my family tree to dig up the roots to see where my Russian roots somewhere lay, in order to bounce in here or contribute? :wacko:

Well, I will welcome you to this forum, fellow Interloper. Stick around and chat a while....

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

You guys turned so mean in this forum.
Yes, yes, we're mean, awful, terrible people! You should stay away from us, it might be contagious!!
So now do I have to get out my family tree to dig up the roots to see where my Russian roots somewhere lay, in order to bounce in here or contribute?
Read my sig.

Cheers!

AKDiver

KMA smartass

12140.gif

Timeline
KMA smartass
Wow!! Your insight into all things Russian is simply amazing!

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

KMA smartass
Wow!! Your insight into all things Russian is simply amazing!

Cheers!

AKDiver

Who said I had insight into anything Russian? I commented on you guys attacking anyone that doesnt have a Russian flag in their signature. I didn't make any comments on anything about russian women, russian men, russian relations, not even russian pottery. So read closer before you make your smart wanna be comments.

And for your information, my husband's grandma is Russian. Thank goodness I know more about Russians from her than this forum, cause otherwise I'd go away with a nasty aftertaste from here.

12140.gif

Filed: Timeline

I'm sorry I've been neglectful of this thread today!

I think it's sickening to have the notion of 'interlopers'...hrmm, maybe sickening is too strong a word because I also find it laughable. It's almost as if some of the USCs don't want AW talking to their Russian counterparts. Reminds me of the times I've seen that marriages break up because the foreign woman becomes 'Americanized' <---this was said, I'm not paraphrasing.

I personally don't care what propelled anyone to find love overseas. We all know the stereotype, but whether that's true or not is a moot point. I do find there to be tons of defensiveness and intolerance here..and whether that's your natural reaction or one born from bitterness at circumstances...well, whatever the reason, there's no need. At the end, we're all people...and VJ is great for support. This is one community...no secret forums...and all of you clucking about the 'interlopers' and what have you...well you need to understand that it's an open forum and no one owns any of it....until you understand that fact, well it will just continue to be this circular argument of name calling and foot stomping. Perhaps it IS best to start a private forum elsewhere...I believe you can do that at yahoo. You want to keep things private? quit throwing tantrums and do something about it. Otherwise, just waste your breath some more!

I feel sorry for those who don't welcome diversity of opinion. I feel sorry for those who obviously faced such abuse that their hearts are bitter and cold & intolerant of others.

Timeline
I commented on you guys attacking anyone that doesnt have a Russian flag in their signature. I didn't make any comments on anything about russian women, russian men, russian relations, not even russian pottery.
Yes, it is pretty obvious that you're here to cast about flames, rather than discuss things that are of interest to us.
And for your information, my husband's grandma is Russian.
Unless you're planning on bringing her her on a marriage-based visa, then so what?
I feel sorry for those who don't welcome diversity of opinion. I feel sorry for those who obviously faced such abuse that their hearts are bitter and cold & intolerant of others.
I feel sorry for those who can't seem to understand the concept of theme-based discussion forums, and the differences between specialized forums and general forums, and want to confuse this with someone not being interested in a diversity of opinions.

Take your pet snakes out of the automotive listings. Why is this so hard to understand?

Cheers!

AKDiver

Edited by akdiver

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.