1,969 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Eddy Haas said:

Check if it is within normal processing times. If it is not then just reply back otherwise just have to wait it out. They are very nice and prompt with responses. 

N400 is within normal processing time , but My question is it right that the field office can not scheduled N-400 interview if they didn't receive the A-file from NBC?

12 minutes ago, MMarco said:

N400 is within normal processing time , but My question is it right that the field office can not scheduled N-400 interview if they didn't receive the A-file from NBC?

That I am not sure about. Reply to Ombudsman with the same question or call USCIS and ask them to transfer you to Tier 2 support. I have never heard of this issue before. Good luck.

3 minutes ago, Eddy Haas said:

That I am not sure about. Reply to Ombudsman with the same question or call USCIS and ask them to transfer you to Tier 2 support. I have never heard of this issue before. Good luck.

thanks, I did that too but no reply from Ombudsman and for 3 days I can't get hold with USCIS CS they'r v busy did not connect me to any one ...

23 hours ago, Eddy Haas said:

quick update FYI

Ombudsman just reply ..

+++

"Generally, the scheduling of naturalization interviews is automated through USCIS’ electronic systems.  If the field office needs an applicant’s physical A-file, then the office will request the file in time for it to arrive before the scheduled interview date.

Because your naturalization application is not outside of normal processing times for your local field office, your case inquiry remains closed with our office."

+++

no thing but waaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiit 

3 hours ago, MMarco said:

quick update FYI

Ombudsman just reply ..

+++

"Generally, the scheduling of naturalization interviews is automated through USCIS’ electronic systems.  If the field office needs an applicant’s physical A-file, then the office will request the file in time for it to arrive before the scheduled interview date.

Because your naturalization application is not outside of normal processing times for your local field office, your case inquiry remains closed with our office."

+++

no thing but waaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiit 

Same here! I am done stressing... got 12 months extension, will get there when I get there.🤷🏻‍♂️🍻

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/8/2020 at 2:36 AM, fancyfacetammy28 said:

Yes each office is different fingers crossed as well. 

Hi guys so as promised I mentioned that i will share what my RFE was requesting.  First of all let me explain what I submitted 

• Copy of USCIS Form I-551 (Permanent Resident Card)
  • Copy of Driver’s License showing same address 
  • Copy of our joint US tax return and Transcripts  for the year 2016 and 2017
  • W2’s Statement  for 2016 and 2017
  • Copy of Leases from 2017-2019.
  • Copy of a Bank Letter and Statements from our Joint Bank Account
  • Copy of Life Insurance Policy through my Wife’s current employer.
  • Copy of Life and Accidental Insurance naming other as beneficiary.
  • Copy of 401K Enrollment showing beneficiary.
  • Copy of the Car Insurance showing jointly insured.
  • Copy of credit cards  showing a joint account.
  • Copy of our Health Insurance cards showing a joint policy.
  • Copy of Dental Insurance Cards and enrollment showing a joint policy.
  • Copy of our Merchant cards on a joint account
  • Photos of time spent with Family and Friends
  • Sworn Affidavit 
  • Sworn Affidavit 
  • Sworn Affidavit from both of us 

NOW THIS IS WHAT THEY SAID THEY RECEIVED 

* BANK STATEMENTS 

* LIFE INSURANCE 

*AUTO INSURANCE 

* HEALTH INSURANCE 

*AFFIDAVITS 

*PHOTOS 

* TAX TRANSCRIPT 2016-2017

THEY WROTE ME SATING THE EVIDENCE I SUBMITTED IS NOT SUFFICIENT AND THEY ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE TO SHOW MARRIAGE WAS ENTERED IN GOOD FAITH AND WE CONTINUE TO SHARE LIFE TOGETHER.  SO THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE ASKING FOR SEE ATTACHMENT THEY ALSO ASK FOR Power of attorney etc.  Im baffled because I personally know people who haven't submitted half of what we did and no issues.  They also said I was married because during my initial DS-160 application as a visitor I was in a relationship at the time for over 5 years and in my country thats known as a common law relationship.  I guess the IO is viewing it as a marriage and want to see documents that I dont have to say I was divorced.  Which common law doesn't mean you're married so I found it completely ridiculous.  So now im thinking to get a lawyer because this is just unbelievable and the person adjudicating me seem to not have done their research of what a common law is in my country at the time grant you this is some 6 + years ago and I woudnt have gotten a 2 year GC if i was ever married.  Im just frustrated with this process.  Lt me know your thoughts they didnt even mention all the doc i submitted. ITS LIKE THEY SENDING PEOPLE GENERIC LETTERS 

RFE.thumb.jpg.e493b622e110ad891ffa4493fba4f600.jpg

-

2 hours ago, fancyfacetammy28 said:

Hi guys so as promised I mentioned that i will share what my RFE was requesting.  First of all let me explain what I submitted 

• Sworn Affidavit 
  • Sworn Affidavit 

* BANK STATEMENTS 

* LIFE INSURANCE 

*AUTO INSURANCE 

* HEALTH INSURANCE 

*AFFIDAVITS 

*PHOTOS 

THEY WROTE ME SATING THE EVIDENCE I SUBMITTED IS NOT SUFFICIENT AND THEY ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE TO SHOW MARRIAGE WAS ENTERED IN GOOD FAITH AND WE CONTINUE TO SHARE LIFE TOGETHER.  SO THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE ASKING FOR SEE ATTACHMENT THEY ALSO ASK FOR Power of attorney etc.  Im baffled because I personally know people who haven't submitted half of what we did and no issues.  They also said I was married because during my initial DS-160 application as a visitor I was in a relationship at the time for over 5 years and in my country thats known as a common law relationship.  I guess the IO is viewing it as a marriage and want to see documents that I dont have to say I was divorced.  Which common law doesn't mean you're married so I found it completely ridiculous.  So now im thinking to get a lawyer because this is just unbelievable and the person adjudicating me seem to not have done their research of what a common law is in my country at the time grant you this is some 6 + years ago and I woudnt have gotten a 2 year GC if i was ever married.  Im just frustrated with this process.  Lt me know your thoughts they didnt even mention all the doc i submitted. ITS LIKE THEY SENDING PEOPLE GENERIC LETTERS 

-

It also depends on the immigration officer and their miod that day tbh. Some are fast and some just drag things on. There is no transparency in this process what so ever.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Eddy Haas said:

It also depends on the immigration officer and their miod that day tbh. Some are fast and some just drag things on. There is no transparency in this process what so ever.

So true but it sucks sighzzz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/15/2020 at 4:46 AM, fancyfacetammy28 said:

• Sworn Affidavit 
  • Sworn Affidavit 

* BANK STATEMENTS 

* LIFE INSURANCE 

*AUTO INSURANCE 

* HEALTH INSURANCE 

*AFFIDAVITS 

*PHOTOS 

-

I am going through the same issue , my person said pretty much u have proof you are living together but not married ..., it’s like do I have to have a baby for them to believe us??, sadly I cannot conceive and even so I would not bring a baby to the world just to say we are married . I want a child with my husband one day but not this way.

i responded to my RFE and they got it 106 days ago and yet no response . I might be getting a lawyer as well, this is ridiculous.

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

27 minutes ago, MASH said:

I am going through the same issue , my person said pretty much u have proof you are living together but not married ..., it’s like do I have to have a baby for them to believe us??, sadly I cannot conceive and even so I would not bring a baby to the world just to say we are married . I want a child with my husband one day but not this way.

i responded to my RFE and they got it 106 days ago and yet no response . I might be getting a lawyer as well, this is ridiculous.

I recommend getting an attorney and also reach out to your local US State Representative. These days USCIS seems to be using all excuses to delays and postpone cases to next year. Election year used to mean faster response time so new citizens can participate in the elections and now it is opposite 

https://www.samessenger.com/news/union-leader-battles-to-avoid-uscis-furloughs/article_09ed70ee-e316-11ea-a288-13be04416bb0.html

That destruction has taken a toll. It’s left employees in ethical quandaries, according to Spooner, as the administration’s instructions contradict the oaths sworn by USCIS employees.

“At the national level USCIS has never been politicized the way it has now,” said Spooner. “We follow the law. Our job is to protect the poor and the people who come to our borders.”

Timeline
5 hours ago, MASH said:

Its just crazy imin the process of responding they didnt even put the stuff i actually submiited so i will be submitting updated documents as well keep me posted.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/8/2020 at 1:25 AM, Paps and Dawna said:

I appreciate the update!

I got my I551 stamp yesterday.

Will let you know if they email me anything too.

what did you tell USCIS to obtain the appointment for the stamp? Everytime, I call they say that this is not emergency. how many days were left on your extension letter?

Thanks,

12/26/2015 Got Married

Our CR1 Journey

2/4/2016 - I-130 file and documents mailed to Chicago Lockbox

2/9/2016 - Received NOA1 via text and email

2/15/2016 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/18/2016 to 6/1/2016 - Visited wife in india

8/11/2016 - Received NOA 2 via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

8/22/2016 - Received NOA 2 in mail

9/6/2016 - Case was sent to NVC (received text & email)

9/12/2016 - NVC received our Case from USCIS... wait continues for NVC case number

9/27/2016 - Submitted -261 and paid AOS fee

9/29/2016 - Received and paid IV fee

10/9/2016 - Submitted DS-260

10/15/2016 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

10/19/2016 - Scan Date

12/07/2016 - Case Completed

12/27/16 - Interview date received over the phone

12/30/16 - P4 letter received

02/03/2016 - Interview, VISA APPROVED!!!:jest::jest:

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, mmkshah said:

what did you tell USCIS to obtain the appointment for the stamp? Everytime, I call they say that this is not emergency. how many days were left on your extension letter?

Thanks,

I called exactly 10 days before my letter expired. I told them I needed it for our company, for my Driver’s License and for updating  my Military spouse ID since my husband will be activated from Reserves.

K1 Visa

Service Centre: California

Consulate: Manila, PH

01/21/16: I-129F sent

01/26/16: I-129F NOA1

04/06/16: I-129F RFE

04/22/16: RFE reply

05/06/16: I-129F NOA2

05/31/16: NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned

06/05/16: NVC left

06/10/16: Consulate received

07/28/16 Interview Date **Approved!

08/05/16: Visa Received

08/13/16: US Entry

08/27/16: Tied the knot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adjustment of Status (AOS)

10/07/16: Aos filling date

10/11/16: Case received

10/25/16: NOA date

11/08/16: Biometrics Walk In at Buena Park (Was scheduled 11/14/16)

11/25/16: Case ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/03/17: Interview is Scheduled on Feb 07 (Day 84)

01/05/17: Interview letter received

01/07/17: EAD card is being produced (Day 88)

01/09/17: AP is approved (Day 90)

01/11/17: EAD card is mailed (Day 92)

01/13/17: AP approval letter received

01/14/17: Combo card received (Day 95)

02/07/17: Interview *Approved!

02/10/17: Greencard mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Paps and Dawna said:

I called exactly 10 days before my letter expired. I told them I needed it for our company, for my Driver’s License and for updating  my Military spouse ID since my husband will be activated from Reserves.

Thank you. I will try that if doesn’t work.

12/26/2015 Got Married

Our CR1 Journey

2/4/2016 - I-130 file and documents mailed to Chicago Lockbox

2/9/2016 - Received NOA1 via text and email

2/15/2016 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/18/2016 to 6/1/2016 - Visited wife in india

8/11/2016 - Received NOA 2 via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

8/22/2016 - Received NOA 2 in mail

9/6/2016 - Case was sent to NVC (received text & email)

9/12/2016 - NVC received our Case from USCIS... wait continues for NVC case number

9/27/2016 - Submitted -261 and paid AOS fee

9/29/2016 - Received and paid IV fee

10/9/2016 - Submitted DS-260

10/15/2016 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

10/19/2016 - Scan Date

12/07/2016 - Case Completed

12/27/16 - Interview date received over the phone

12/30/16 - P4 letter received

02/03/2016 - Interview, VISA APPROVED!!!:jest::jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.