1,969 posts in this topic

Just now, JackieCastillo said:

Don't loose hope, I was same waiting 20 months, they approved me just 5 days ago.  My case was in Texas, Nov-2018 and I was approved no interview, no RFE. If your case and proof of good faith of marriage are really strong, they can approve same way to you.  If you office timing process show that you case is already out of time, you can send inquiries and/or call uscis to ask status.  Good luck!

I’m really hoping to hear from them about my case. It’s already been too long. Yes our marriage is in good faith. Seattle office just process so slow and my case is still not out of time so I couldn’t file a service request. 

N400

Spoiler

Dec 15, 2019 filed N400 online

[Day 0] : Dec 15, 2019 - Received Date

[Day 7] : Dec 21, 2019 - Biometrics scheduled for Jan 7th 2020

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Early walk in for biometrics

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Biometrics reviewed

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Case being actively reviewed

[Day 299] Oct 8, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 300] Oct 9, 2020 - Interview notice on documents tab. (Nov 12, 2020)

[Day 304] : Oct 13, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - Scheduled interview date; Showed up at the office and was told the interview schedule was a 'mistake'

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - USCIS status: Interview Cancelled

[Day 341] Nov 19, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 343] Nov 21, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - Interview dare, Oath ceremony

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - FINALLY A US CITIZEN!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Don't worry, you're not alone. I am they received my case on October 30th 2018 in Nebraska. My condition has been standing for over a year when they received my fingerprints. Since that day I have not heard anything. It's been 20 months for a few days now. I hope to receive good news soon.

Hi,

We made a "case is taking longer thabprocessing time" inquiry in May. Case History shows It was assigned to an officer for processing but in "Next Steps" it said that referral number XXX not is currently not assigned for processing.

We called back after 30 business days and they opened a general inquiry for which we should receive a response within 15 business days but now same thing again. In Case History it shows that it was assigned to am officer for response but in Next Steps it says "...is currently not assigned for processing"

Has anyone else experienced this? It is becoming really frustrating at this point.

Also, shall I go ahead and submit an ombudsman inquiry or wait for 15 business days to complete? Because at this point we have made all attempts via website and phone to get an answer. But, I don't want my inquiry to get turned down for not waiting full 15 business days.

So far all we get is just rude customer service and a whole a lot of canned responses without any real information.

Thanks

Edited by Eddy Haas

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Eddy Haas said:

Hi,

We made a "case is taking longer thabprocessing time" inquiry in May. Case History shows It was assigned to an officer for processing but in "Next Steps" it said that referral number XXX not is currently not assigned for processing.

We called back after 30 business days and they opened a general inquiry for which we should receive a response within 15 business days but now same thing again. In Case History it shows that it was assigned to am officer for response but in Next Steps it says "...is currently not assigned for processing"

Has anyone else experienced this? It is becoming really frustrating at this point.

Also, shall I go ahead and submit an ombudsman inquiry or wait for 15 business days to complete? Because at this point we have made all attempts via website and phone to get an answer. But, I don't want my inquiry to get turned down for not waiting full 15 business days.

So far all we get is just rude customer service and a whole a lot of canned responses without any real information.

Thanks

Where do you see that info? I’m over their 30 days to answer outside of processing time request also. 

I would contact your representative. 

Create an account on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do and add your recipient number in the case tracker. It will show your your case history, status and next steps.

Also, if you haven't received a response to your query and it has been 30 business days then call USCIS, talk to Tier 2 and have them open an inquiry.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 minute ago, Eddy Haas said:

Create an account on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do and add your recipient number in the case tracker. It will show your your case history, status and next steps.

Also, if you haven't received a response to your query and it has been 30 business days then call USCIS, talk to Tier 2 and have them open an inquiry.

Good luck!

Already have an account mine doesn’t say anything about the inquiry I made. I tried all I got was it hadn’t been assigned to an officer yet and they were busy due to COVID. 

3 hours ago, Eddy Haas said:

Hi,

Thanks

I experienced the same” ...is not currently assigned for processing” Response as well, I reopened another after 30 days and they sent an email saying due to combo N400 + i751, I just be interviewed.

1 minute ago, Sam321 said:

I experienced the same” ...is not currently assigned for processing” Response as well, I reopened another after 30 days and they sent an email saying due to combo N400 + i751, I just be interviewed.

So they combined your applications? When we called last time, they told us that i751 and N400 are separate applications and will be processed separately. 🙄🙄🙄

Just now, Eddy Haas said:

So they combined your applications? When we called last time, they told us that i751 and N400 are separate applications and will be processed separately. 🙄🙄🙄

They seem to provide different information every single time. In my case, they said because I have 2 current applications, I must be interviewed. but I’ve also seen people getting their i751 approved with a pending N400 🙄🙄
It’s so frustrating dealing with uscis 

Just now, Sam321 said:

They seem to provide different information every single time. In my case, they said because I have 2 current applications, I must be interviewed. but I’ve also seen people getting their i751 approved with a pending N400 🙄🙄
It’s so frustrating dealing with uscis 

Oh I agree. Probably one of the worst customer services ever. Everytime they give you different information. It seems like their is no standard operating procedure there.

1 minute ago, Eddy Haas said:

Oh I agree. Probably one of the worst customer services ever. Everytime they give you different information. It seems like their is no standard operating procedure there.

Yes. I suggest you submit an Ombudsman inquiry. I submitted one last week. Hopefully they come back with some positive resolution. 

3 minutes ago, Sam321 said:

Yes. I suggest you submit an Ombudsman inquiry. I submitted one last week. Hopefully they come back with some positive resolution. 

Planning to do that. I am just not sure if I should wait until second query expires. I don't want Ombudsman to deny my response so I figured that I'd ask.

I think I'll just open one anyway. 

20 hours ago, Sam321 said:

From myself and other's people experiences, this is a kind of standard answer.  When they notice you have both pending I751 and N400, they assume the waiting is due to the fact that USCIS will likely adjudicate both cases together or will call for interview before approval.  In my case, they answered the same, but I was approved for my I751 (20 months waiting), no interview, no RFE.  Now I am just waiting they reopen offices to re-schedule my interview for N400.

Let's be patient, send inquiry at ombudsman, all diligence may help to accelerate process.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys,

My extension letter expires in 30 days and I called today to request for an appointment for an InfoPass. I was informed that I have to call back 10 days or less before it expires. Before, I was told it was 30 days, now it is 10 days and I need to show proof of urgent needs for an Infopass. Ugh.. it’s so frustrating... but (inhale and exhale) We’ll ALL get through this! 

K1 Visa

Service Centre: California

Consulate: Manila, PH

01/21/16: I-129F sent

01/26/16: I-129F NOA1

04/06/16: I-129F RFE

04/22/16: RFE reply

05/06/16: I-129F NOA2

05/31/16: NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned

06/05/16: NVC left

06/10/16: Consulate received

07/28/16 Interview Date **Approved!

08/05/16: Visa Received

08/13/16: US Entry

08/27/16: Tied the knot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adjustment of Status (AOS)

10/07/16: Aos filling date

10/11/16: Case received

10/25/16: NOA date

11/08/16: Biometrics Walk In at Buena Park (Was scheduled 11/14/16)

11/25/16: Case ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/03/17: Interview is Scheduled on Feb 07 (Day 84)

01/05/17: Interview letter received

01/07/17: EAD card is being produced (Day 88)

01/09/17: AP is approved (Day 90)

01/11/17: EAD card is mailed (Day 92)

01/13/17: AP approval letter received

01/14/17: Combo card received (Day 95)

02/07/17: Interview *Approved!

02/10/17: Greencard mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.