1,969 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, JackieCastillo said:

There is nothing else we can do, no other than wait offices open.  I have same case than you, Texas waiting I751 for 19 months and N400 sent 4 months ago.  Considering the situation, nobody can punish or argue that you're out of law.  Keep copy of your receipt for I751 with you, in the car and let's wait our appointment.  In Florida my driver licence was issued Oct-2017 and expires Feb-2026 (sounded weird, as my GC was 2 year only, but probably state law is different) My N400 interview was on Apr-13th and de-scheduled.  Did you have RFE or interview for I751 or N400?  Where is your case?

Hi Jackie,

can I ask did your interview for I751 or N400 or combo ?

14 minutes ago, JackieCastillo said:

There is nothing else we can do, no other than wait offices open.  I have same case than you, Texas waiting I751 for 19 months and N400 sent 4 months ago.  Considering the situation, nobody can punish or argue that you're out of law.  Keep copy of your receipt for I751 with you, in the car and let's wait our appointment.  In Florida my driver licence was issued Oct-2017 and expires Feb-2026 (sounded weird, as my GC was 2 year only, but probably state law is different) My N400 interview was on Apr-13th and de-scheduled.  Did you have RFE or interview for I751 or N400?  Where is your case?

Thank you. My I751 was filed at Vermont SC. Even though my DL expires in July, my extension letter is expiring mid June. I might try to call next week and try to see if they will give me an info pass based on that. I did not have a RFE or interview for I751 or N400. My cases are transferred to NJ. I guess we do not have any other option but to wait. I wish they did not take this long to adjudicate our Green Card applications this long. My I751 is now out of normal processing times.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

so upset, its been 18 months and i have be out of country on august 1st and they wont do info pass unless its an emergency, to me its an emergency...i should have had my GC by now , this is ridiculous, dont know why it has to be an emergency when i am allowed to get a pass, its just a bloody stamp they have to put on my bloody passport

i am so frustrated.

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

3 minutes ago, MASH said:

so upset, its been 18 months and i have be out of country on august 1st and they wont do info pass unless its an emergency, to me its an emergency...i should have had my GC by now , this is ridiculous, dont know why it has to be an emergency when i am allowed to get a pass, its just a bloody stamp they have to put on my bloody passport

i am so frustrated.

Good luck. They also gave me the same speech. They said call a few days before my drivers license expires, then they might consider it as an emergency. The letter is already expiring. I don't think our status expires until they make a decision but I wish they just adjudicated our cases in time.

1 hour ago, MMarco said:

Hi Jackie,

I have't had any of them.  I was scheduled only for N400 and it was cancelled due to covid19.  From other people's experiences it is possible that USCIS wish to do both at same time, but my letter for interview was only related to N400, I was thinking to go with my husband so the officer has the choice to do both things, but as I say, I don't have specific indications that says they will do a combo or not.  

38 minutes ago, MD1 said:

Good luck. They also gave me the same speech. They said call a few days before my drivers license expires, then they might consider it as an emergency. The letter is already expiring. I don't think our status expires until they make a decision but I wish they just adjudicated our cases in time.

Keep calm, all of us in the same page.  We need to be patient, we are just in USCIS hands.  There is nothing to do than wait, wait, wait the endless waiting.  And yes, so frustrating!

5 minutes ago, JackieCastillo said:

I have't had any of them.  I was scheduled only for N400 and it was cancelled due to covid19.  From other people's experiences it is possible that USCIS wish to do both at same time, but my letter for interview was only related to N400, I was thinking to go with my husband so the officer has the choice to do both things, but as I say, I don't have specific indications that says they will do a combo or not.  

thanks for sharing , and yes, I highly recommend when you get your new appointment (I hope very soon) to go with your husband just in case the officer need to adjudicate both I751 & N400 together, good luck sharing 

1 hour ago, MD1 said:

Thank you. My I751 was filed at Vermont SC. Even though my DL expires in July, my extension letter is expiring mid June. I might try to call next week and try to see if they will give me an info pass based on that. I did not have a RFE or interview for I751 or N400. My cases are transferred to NJ. I guess we do not have any other option but to wait. I wish they did not take this long to adjudicate our Green Card applications this long. My I751 is now out of normal processing times.  

When your case is out of time, you have some tools that may help: a) Send an inquiry thru https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/, click in the option "inquiry about case out of normal processing time"; 2) Send an inquiry thru Ombudsman ( https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance); both answer really fast, in my case they said delay is due to covid19, also ombudsman said that probably USCIS will adjudicate both case together.  A 3rd. thing you can do is calling by phone or chat with "emma", type "appointment infopass" and follow the steps so the virtual assistant will transfer you to a real USCIS officer, so you can obtain answer to all your concerns in the same chat. 

But honestly, at the end all options just answer the same "you need to wait".  So, good luck for all of us, hopefully we will finish soon.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called USCIS to schedule an Infopass appointment and was told that I would need to call at least before 30 days my 18 month extension letter expires. I also asked if I could make an appointment through Emma and was told no, I would have to call.

Same same info.

I was going to request assistance from The Ombudsman but it seems like all efforts through USCIS must be done first before they are contacted. 

K1 Visa

Service Centre: California

Consulate: Manila, PH

01/21/16: I-129F sent

01/26/16: I-129F NOA1

04/06/16: I-129F RFE

04/22/16: RFE reply

05/06/16: I-129F NOA2

05/31/16: NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned

06/05/16: NVC left

06/10/16: Consulate received

07/28/16 Interview Date **Approved!

08/05/16: Visa Received

08/13/16: US Entry

08/27/16: Tied the knot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adjustment of Status (AOS)

10/07/16: Aos filling date

10/11/16: Case received

10/25/16: NOA date

11/08/16: Biometrics Walk In at Buena Park (Was scheduled 11/14/16)

11/25/16: Case ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/03/17: Interview is Scheduled on Feb 07 (Day 84)

01/05/17: Interview letter received

01/07/17: EAD card is being produced (Day 88)

01/09/17: AP is approved (Day 90)

01/11/17: EAD card is mailed (Day 92)

01/13/17: AP approval letter received

01/14/17: Combo card received (Day 95)

02/07/17: Interview *Approved!

02/10/17: Greencard mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi everyone,

its almost time for me to remove condition, my green card is expiring on dec 2020, marriage based.

What happen if you apply before the 90 days from your green card expiration date? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
13 minutes ago, italy2Cali said:

Hi everyone,

its almost time for me to remove condition, my green card is expiring on dec 2020, marriage based.

What happen if you apply before the 90 days from your green card expiration date? 

They send the package back to you.

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

01/24/22: Approved!

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

On 6/4/2020 at 3:25 PM, MMarco said:

Hi Jackie,

My letter was only for N400, it didnt state nothing about I751, I was scheduled for Apr-13th and de-scheduled due to covid19.  But, considering my specific scenario, it is probably that USCIS may adjudicate both cases together, this is the answer I received thru Ombudsman inquiry.  I am just waiting offices reopen and they schedule again and see positive results for my both requests.  Good luck to all of us!

Hi Guys, just wanted to tell you this as a relief for all of us waiting for I751 approval. 

If you have your GC expired and the letter extension as well, please bear in mind that only the physical card (the plastic) is expired, but you don't loose your resident status for Immigration purposes. 

If you need to renew your driver licence, only thing we can do is: keep your letter extension in the car or your wallet, to show this to an officer, in case they stop you in the street.  Regardless it is expired, they cant legally punish you, because you can demonstrate you are waiting for USCIS's approval.

If your job is requiring you to show a resident status, this is not legally correct, if you are still working there, they cant fire you for this reason.  It's different if you are looking for a new job, in which case -unfortunately- we need to wait stamp, new GC or new letter extension. 

I just typing these words because I know lot of us upset due to this long waiting. 

Please be patient, faithful and calm.  Hope is last we have, good luck! 

On 6/6/2020 at 9:32 AM, italy2Cali said:

Hi everyone,

Hello, If you do that, they will return your package, saying that you are not in the correct time, need to wait window of 90 days.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys,

I'm a little confused as to when my 18 month extension letter expires.

Do I count starting from the Notice Date or when I received the extension letter? 

K1 Visa

Service Centre: California

Consulate: Manila, PH

01/21/16: I-129F sent

01/26/16: I-129F NOA1

04/06/16: I-129F RFE

04/22/16: RFE reply

05/06/16: I-129F NOA2

05/31/16: NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned

06/05/16: NVC left

06/10/16: Consulate received

07/28/16 Interview Date **Approved!

08/05/16: Visa Received

08/13/16: US Entry

08/27/16: Tied the knot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adjustment of Status (AOS)

10/07/16: Aos filling date

10/11/16: Case received

10/25/16: NOA date

11/08/16: Biometrics Walk In at Buena Park (Was scheduled 11/14/16)

11/25/16: Case ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/03/17: Interview is Scheduled on Feb 07 (Day 84)

01/05/17: Interview letter received

01/07/17: EAD card is being produced (Day 88)

01/09/17: AP is approved (Day 90)

01/11/17: EAD card is mailed (Day 92)

01/13/17: AP approval letter received

01/14/17: Combo card received (Day 95)

02/07/17: Interview *Approved!

02/10/17: Greencard mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.