1,969 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/24/2020 at 6:02 PM, RainbowMonkey said:

Keep me posted please! How do you contact the ombudsman if you don’t mind me asking. 

Okay, will do so!

https://www.dhs.gov/topic/cis-ombudsman/forms/7001

The link above is the online form that we can send to the Ombudsman. 

K1 Visa

Service Centre: California

Consulate: Manila, PH

01/21/16: I-129F sent

01/26/16: I-129F NOA1

04/06/16: I-129F RFE

04/22/16: RFE reply

05/06/16: I-129F NOA2

05/31/16: NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned

06/05/16: NVC left

06/10/16: Consulate received

07/28/16 Interview Date **Approved!

08/05/16: Visa Received

08/13/16: US Entry

08/27/16: Tied the knot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adjustment of Status (AOS)

10/07/16: Aos filling date

10/11/16: Case received

10/25/16: NOA date

11/08/16: Biometrics Walk In at Buena Park (Was scheduled 11/14/16)

11/25/16: Case ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/03/17: Interview is Scheduled on Feb 07 (Day 84)

01/05/17: Interview letter received

01/07/17: EAD card is being produced (Day 88)

01/09/17: AP is approved (Day 90)

01/11/17: EAD card is mailed (Day 92)

01/13/17: AP approval letter received

01/14/17: Combo card received (Day 95)

02/07/17: Interview *Approved!

02/10/17: Greencard mailed

On 5/24/2020 at 3:24 PM, RainbowMonkey said:

anybody still waiting? I filed Nov 2018. No updates since Jan 22 when they transferred to NBC. I can't even request for outside normal processing time since the current processing time says 14-27.5 mo. 

I also have a pending N400 and expiring extension letter. 

I am exactly in the same situation.  I sent inquiry as "out of timing", they answered delay is due to covid19.  Then, I sent Ombudsman inquiry and they answered I need to wait office to be reopened, since USCIS will likely adjudicate both cases (I751 and N400) together, so that could the reason why I have not received formal approval.  Make sense: if we applied for Citizenship, is not worth it sending us a 10 year GC, so we may go directly from Conditional Residence to US Citizen (I fully hope so).  I have not received RFE or interview request, so I am just waiting.  

On 5/24/2020 at 12:24 PM, RainbowMonkey said:

anybody still waiting? I filed Nov 2018. No updates since Jan 22 when they transferred to NBC. I can't even request for outside normal processing time since the current processing time says 14-27.5 mo. 

I also have a pending N400 and expiring extension letter. 

same  here (no update)...

On 4/24/2020 at 5:05 AM, Andytn3591 said:

Have you checked the cases in front of you ?

I’m on the same boat. I received my notification that my case will be scheduled for an interview 3 weeks ago. I got RFE and I sent them a pretty big package with everything we have. I was really tired and disappointed at first because we have really good evidences; but when I checked a couple thousand cases in front of me, all the cases that were updated that day turned to be “ready to be scheduled for interview.” My case number is a WAC. I researched and saw a few people had the same thing happened to them. Some even got the status “interview cancelled” when they didn’t even have the appointment for interview. I hope it was a glitch in the system when they closed the offices and delayed everything.

Idk if I should apply for N-400 at this time. This process is taking too long and get me so confused to the point that I want to get an interview as soon as possible. 

I did applied for N-400 a few days ago. I can't believe it. since Nov 2018. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, JackieCastillo said:

Have anyone been re-scheduled after previous appointment was de-scheduled due to covid19?

I believe local offices are not opening until June 4,only then they will figure out rescheduling and mail you.

7 minutes ago, franning1003 said:

I believe local offices are not opening until June 4,only then they will figure out rescheduling and mail you.

They have scheduled some people (I found some youtubers) informing that.  Make sense: if they reopen June-04th and interview will be done from that date, some people should already receive new letter appointment.  For example: if they pretend to interview on Jun-04th, 05th, 06th... 10th, etc., they need to send letter enough anticipated (at lease 2 weeks previously).  USCIS does not send appointment for "next day", people most be aware, so I assume some people should already received letters, this is main reason why I asked.  Thanks, lets wait, I am faithful that my new appointment will arrive soon.  Were you de-scheduled due to covid19?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/13/2020 at 1:36 PM, JackieCastillo said:

The stamp depends of the officer's appreciation and depends of each case/applicant.  In my case, as I didn't receive the extension for long time, first they stamp my passport for only 90 days, then another 12 months.  But almost at same time I received the extension letter for 18 months.

I’m planning to get my stamp as I don’t see getting the approval anytime soon cause of the RFE and my issue is that my drivers license has my old address and the dmv it’s taken it’s precious time to open for me to renew my license and change my address.

if I don’t get the new one what other ID can I show to get the stamp?

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

7 hours ago, JackieCastillo said:

They have scheduled some people (I found some youtubers) informing that.  Make sense: if they reopen June-04th and interview will be done from that date, some people should already receive new letter appointment.  For example: if they pretend to interview on Jun-04th, 05th, 06th... 10th, etc., they need to send letter enough anticipated (at lease 2 weeks previously).  USCIS does not send appointment for "next day", people most be aware, so I assume some people should already received letters, this is main reason why I asked.  Thanks, lets wait, I am faithful that my new appointment will arrive soon.  Were you de-scheduled due to covid19?

no update....

11 hours ago, MASH said:

I’m planning to get my stamp as I don’t see getting the approval anytime soon cause of the RFE and my issue is that my drivers license has my old address and the dmv it’s taken it’s precious time to open for me to renew my license and change my address.

if I don’t get the new one what other ID can I show to get the stamp?

Yes, the letter extension or stamp in passport is same equivalent of your green card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, JackieCastillo said:

Yes, the letter extension or stamp in passport is same equivalent of your green card.

I understand. However my ext letter is finished in 6 days and I don’t have a stamp yet , I have a drivers license with my old address so is there other evidence I can give to get the stamp?

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

13 hours ago, MASH said:

I understand. However my ext letter is finished in 6 days and I don’t have a stamp yet , I have a drivers license with my old address so is there other evidence I can give to get the stamp?

You need to set an appointment thru Infopass, as soon as they open the offices.  They're supposedly open today.  You can go to USCIS official page and type thru live chat named "Emma", you type "require infopass appointment", then the virtual assistant will transfer you to a real live chat with an officer, they will ask you: date of birth, alien number, phone, address, email, then they will promise an answer for you thru email or phone.  I did that a few days ago, as my extension due on Jun-26th, the answer was that I need to wait offices open.  Try that way, good look.

3 hours ago, MD1 said:

My drivers license is expiring in mid July. I called to make an info pass appointment, the officer said it is not considered an emergency. My I751 is still pending and now with a new office as I applied for citizenship.

There is nothing else we can do, no other than wait offices open.  I have same case than you, Texas waiting I751 for 19 months and N400 sent 4 months ago.  Considering the situation, nobody can punish or argue that you're out of law.  Keep copy of your receipt for I751 with you, in the car and let's wait our appointment.  In Florida my driver licence was issued Oct-2017 and expires Feb-2026 (sounded weird, as my GC was 2 year only, but probably state law is different) My N400 interview was on Apr-13th and de-scheduled.  Did you have RFE or interview for I751 or N400?  Where is your case?

Edited by JackieCastillo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.