1,969 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Eddy Haas said:

Same here mate. We were transferred to NBC as well after N400 and no updates since. This is insane! 18month extension is near expiration as well.

We were excited that it is election year so our N400 will be processed fast. But this COVID19 ruined everything!! 😭

Crazy times!

Same for me: yesterday I send the inquiry for "case out of time", I did it online and I received automatic response saying that they will answer me later May-06th.  So, same thing, this crazy waiting.  I am from Texas, Nov-01-2018, transferred to NBC on Jan-29-2000 after I filled N400 on Jan-15.  So, let's wait good news.  I joined a group on Hello Foros, some people with similar cases have been approved a few days ago, so it is good to know that they are working administratively. 

On 3/19/2020 at 5:09 PM, newyork1234 said:

friends

I just got a message from USCIS saiyng new card is being produced. the website https://my.uscis.gov/  still shows " we received your case". but online case statud says "card being produced"

filled nov 2018 texas center. divorce case.

wish the best for yall

congrats! I am a divorce waiver as well with texas center. Can you please share how long you were married? How long were you married after you got the conditional? Did you have any rfe or interview? Did you have a lot of documents to send in?

Filed: Timeline
3 minutes ago, arangel3 said:

Hello, 

I got a notification that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. my case is Texas service center. I received a RFE and now an interview. I sent a lot of evidence and I still got an interview. 17 months waiting.  I wonder how long ? since the offices are close. so frustrating and disappointed. 

Do you mind if I ask you if it was joint or waiver application? Did you apply for n400 as well or only for i751?

Did your case ever get transferred ?

15 hours ago, arangel3 said:

joint and no I did not applied for n400. I don't know what happened. 

Sorry to hear that man , not a big deal though. Go in and get it done. Hopefully they will reopen in may 

Do you mind if I ask you what they were missing in the RFE?

20 hours ago, LETSGOROCKETS said:

Sorry to hear that man , not a big deal though. Go in and get it done. Hopefully they will reopen in may 

Do you mind if I ask you what they were missing in the RFE?

I had to send almost everything again, bank statements, lease, taxes and affidavit letter from friends. I think what is affecting me is that I went to school in another state for 6 months. I cant have another explanation. we have everything together. 

1 minute ago, arangel3 said:

I had to send almost everything again, bank statements, lease, taxes and affidavit letter from friends. I think what is affecting me is that I went to school in another state for 6 months. I cant have another explanation. we have everything together. 

Wow this is really unfair.

Sending again everything? Did they lose your file? It's so frustrating

2 minutes ago, LETSGOROCKETS said:

Wow this is really unfair.

Sending again everything? Did they lose your file? It's so frustrating

No they just want to make sure we are still married I guess. it is so frustrating almost 18 months and its going to be longer because no interviews at this time. I am so tired. I think im going to apply for N400. I was wating to get approved first. 

1 minute ago, arangel3 said:

No they just want to make sure we are still married I guess. it is so frustrating almost 18 months and its going to be longer because no interviews at this time. I am so tired. I think im going to apply for N400. I was wating to get approved first. 

You should apply for n400! At least you go once in for the interview

It doesn't look like the stay on immigration will affect ROC: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/trump-suspends-green-card-issuance-60-days

""Refugees and asylum seekers would not be affected by the order, nor would spouses and children of U.S. citizens or permanent residents""

AOS from B1/2

05/19/2016: AOS/ EAD/ AP Sent (USPS 2-day priority)

05/21/2016: Packet delivered to Chicago lockbox
05/31/2016: NOA 1 e-notifications x 4 (emails and texts, cheques cashed)
06/03/2016: NOA 1 letters received x 4
06/18/2016: Biometrics letter received (appointment June 30)
06/21/2016: Biometrics early walk in @ USCIS Tukwila (Seattle, WA)

08/11/2016: EAD and AP approved and card ordered.

08/15/2016: EAD/AP Card mailed to me.

08/16/2016: Hard copy NOAs for EAD and AP received

08/17/2016: EAD/AP Card in hand. Received by USPS Priority Mail

11/01/2016: i-485 Status updated to: Interview is Scheduled

12/02/2016: Date of Interview. Tentative approval after interview.

12/05/2016: Case Approved showing on case status online and confirmed by text alert.

12/07/2016: Text to say case has been updated. Case status shows 'Card Mailed'.

12/09/2016: Green Card arrived in the mail.

11/21/2018: Mailed I-751 ROC Packet to Phoenix Lockbox (Divorce Waiver)

11/24/2018: Packet Received by USCIS

11/28/2018: Credit Card Charged by USCIS

02/05/2019: NOA - 18 Month Extension received

04/22/2019: Biometrics Appointment Letter received 

02/27/2020: Approved for 10 Year GC (no interview)

09/07/2021: N400 Online 5 year route

09/07/2021: NOA Actively reviewing case

09/07/2021: Biometrics Reuse notice received 

08/04/2022: Interview and Oath on Same day. 

Now US Citizen 

08/28/2023: I-130 for Ukrainian Spouse

08/31/2023: I-130 Approval Notice

On 4/15/2020 at 9:57 PM, PolarPear said:

congrats! I am a divorce waiver as well with texas center. Can you please share how long you were married? How long were you married after you got the conditional? Did you have any rfe or interview? Did you have a lot of documents to send in?

28 months married. divorced 17 months after getting conditional GC and and 4 months befor being eligible to file for ROC.  filed a lot of documents, it was really huge.  No RFE and no interview.

I wish all the best for you.

7 minutes ago, newyork1234 said:

hey guys

based on the following dates, all november files should have heard something from USCIS now.

Processing time for Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (I-751) at Texas Service Center

Estimated time range
Months
to
Months

I’m still waiting. 😭 i think it’s coz I’ve already submitted my N400 too. 

N400

Spoiler

Dec 15, 2019 filed N400 online

[Day 0] : Dec 15, 2019 - Received Date

[Day 7] : Dec 21, 2019 - Biometrics scheduled for Jan 7th 2020

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Early walk in for biometrics

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Biometrics reviewed

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Case being actively reviewed

[Day 299] Oct 8, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 300] Oct 9, 2020 - Interview notice on documents tab. (Nov 12, 2020)

[Day 304] : Oct 13, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - Scheduled interview date; Showed up at the office and was told the interview schedule was a 'mistake'

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - USCIS status: Interview Cancelled

[Day 341] Nov 19, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 343] Nov 21, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - Interview dare, Oath ceremony

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - FINALLY A US CITIZEN!

On 4/15/2020 at 11:20 PM, arangel3 said:

Hello, 

I got a notification that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. my case is Texas service center. I received a RFE and now an interview. I sent a lot of evidence and I still got an interview. 17 months waiting.  I wonder how long ? since the offices are close. so frustrating and disappointed. 

Have you checked the cases in front of you ?

I’m on the same boat. I received my notification that my case will be scheduled for an interview 3 weeks ago. I got RFE and I sent them a pretty big package with everything we have. I was really tired and disappointed at first because we have really good evidences; but when I checked a couple thousand cases in front of me, all the cases that were updated that day turned to be “ready to be scheduled for interview.” My case number is a WAC. I researched and saw a few people had the same thing happened to them. Some even got the status “interview cancelled” when they didn’t even have the appointment for interview. I hope it was a glitch in the system when they closed the offices and delayed everything.

Idk if I should apply for N-400 at this time. This process is taking too long and get me so confused to the point that I want to get an interview as soon as possible. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.