1,969 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, AraRang said:

congrats. I send mine November 15th. SRC199007XXX and nothing yet. its been a long and stressful wait

you can say that again lol, its been now 15 months since we started this thing lol..i hope for no RFE cause our lease for the home expired already the one we gave and now we moved to a new home , many things have changed in 15 months lol

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

3 hours ago, lcmpulido said:

Hello everybody... Today I received the great news... YOUR NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED!!!!

Texas Service Center.

SRC199007XXXX

Application Received Nov-13-2018

Fingerprints  Oct-31-2018

Approved Feb-04-2020.

No Interview and no request of more evidence. 

Congrats mine is the same SRC1990075XX and nothing yet. I applied on November 15. fingerprints Oct 31st. hope to hear good news soon.

11 hours ago, DSOTM1973 said:

having a lawyer wouldn't change anything. Just follow the instructions they sent you. They basically want updated evidence, which happens. So, all you have to do is send all the evidence you accumulated after 2018. 

I am not sure why you feel discouraged? You should be happy as now you know they are looking at your case, and if you send them what they asked for, they will approve you probably within 90 days without an interview

No, that is not what my comment says, nor what the letter says. They do not state that they only need updated information, they claim that they never received a lot of the evidence that we actually sent such as house, health, life, and auto insurance, house deed, bills, etc. They do not ask for any document in particular, they just sent us a long list of documents that we can send them.

Edited by Tucson2016

On 2/1/2020 at 6:01 PM, Love2016 said:

Hello,

We received our RFE. They are requesting documents that we have previously sent. The only documents they are claiming that we actually did not send are joint bank statements for 2019 and joint tax returns for 2018. We filed on November, 2018, therefore, these documents did not exist then...They are not acknowledging the vast amount of evidence that we initially sent, and according to them, we did not send health, joint home, and auto insurance. We sent all this information and we even provided a very detailed index to be as specific as possible.  Our package weighted 6.2 lbs, and according to them, we only sent: join bank statements for 2017, 2018; join credit cards; photos; and joint tax returns dated 2016, 2017... As you can imagine, this is pretty discouraging. We are going to submit further evidence with a lawyer.

The letter does not specify which additional documents they require. We assume these are the ones  that they said they did not receive. They only give you a long list of evidence that you can send...We will see how our lawyer wants us to proceed.

As always, any help or suggestions are always welcomed.

Have a good night!

Oh my.. we also received our RFE and it states ‘good faith marriage, insufficient evidence’. WOW I’m in shock! We have a child together, bought a house, have cars in both our names, all our insurances are in both names, joint bank accounts, joint tax filing etc. And they’re requesting evidence I previously submitted. Very very strange. 

K1:

11-13-2015: I129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

11-27-2015: NOA1 Hardcopy

01-02-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy

03-10-2016: Medical appointment

03-17-2016: Interview --> APPROVED

05-16-2016: Moved to the USA

05-24-2016: Married (L)

05-25-2016: Applied for SSN (card got lost in mail)

AOS:

06-17-2016: AOS Package sent

07-02-2016: NOA1

07-02-2016: Applied again for SSN (denied because of expired I-94)

10-18-2016: AP 'Case was approved'

10-18-2016: EAD 'New card is being produced '

10-21-2016: AP Hardcopy of approval in mail

11-01-2016: EAD/AP 'Card was mailed to me'

11-04-2016: EAD/AP card received.

11-07-2016: Applied again for a SSN

11-29-2016: SSN received

12-12-2016: AOS approved

7 hours ago, sharon_helena said:

Oh my.. we also received our RFE and it states ‘good faith marriage, insufficient evidence’. WOW I’m in shock! We have a child together, bought a house, have cars in both our names, all our insurances are in both names, joint bank accounts, joint tax filing etc. And they’re requesting evidence I previously submitted. Very very strange. 

Wow, that sounds crazy. Did they say anything else besides “insufficient evidence “? Did they give a list of the evidence they had from your original filing? I wonder if they lost or somehow missed the evidence you provided? 

01-16-2016: AOS package sent

01-09-2017: AOS (I-130 and I-485) granted

10-31-2018: I-751 filed

01-25-2019 NOA received (Extension letter, Biometrics waiver letter)

10-19-2019 Biometrics letter received

10-30-2019 Biometrics to be completed

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

We received the official "transfer notice" in the mail today(app notified us on Jan 31) and we've been transferred from California to the National Benefits Center in Lee's Summit, Missouri. Hoping for either an interview appointment or an outright approval soon-ish!

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Guangzhou, China

I-129F Sent : 2015-10-21

Interview Date : 2016-03-21

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Issued(CEAC) : 2016-03-24

US Entry : 2016-08-13

(L)(F)Marriage :2016-08-18 (F)(L)

Adjustment of Status + Employment Authorization Document 

Date Filed : 2016-09-09

GC Received : 2017-03-02

Removal of Conditions(I-751)

Date Filed : 2018-11-14

NOA Date : 2018-11-18

Bio. Appt. : 2019-05-02

Notice of Transfer : 2020-01-31(CA to NBC)

Interview Ready to be Scheduled : 2020-02-20

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 minutes ago, d23 said:

Whats going to happen if our 18 months extension is expiring in 6 months and the case is still pending?

They just gave me another Stamp for another year when my first stamp expired. 

3 hours ago, d23 said:

Whats going to happen if our 18 months extension is expiring in 6 months and the case is still pending?

You need to call to schedule an infopass within 30 days of extension expiration. During the infopass appointment they will give you a stamp in your passport that acts as a greencard.

13 hours ago, Patsyuchok said:

You need to call to schedule an infopass within 30 days of extension expiration. During the infopass appointment they will give you a stamp in your passport that acts as a greencard.

Thank you! do you know if they accept an expired passport for infopass appointment? Mine expired last year and i would have to fly to the consulate in San Francisco to get it renewed.

Appreciate for your help.

4 minutes ago, d23 said:

Thank you! do you know if they accept an expired passport for infopass appointment? Mine expired last year and i would have to fly to the consulate in San Francisco to get it renewed.

Appreciate for your help.

I think that if the passport is expired, they put the stamp on the extension letter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

well I got an update that they need more evidence :( , I wish that wasn't the case an I am wondering what else I can possibly give them that I haven't already , I gave bills, lease, pictures, tax returns..nothing else I can think of to give..even had 1 friend of mine and one friend of his write letters saying we are still together

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Hi all, long-time lurker here. I wanted to thank this forum for helping me restore some peace of mind during these stressful immigration processes. Please see below for my timeline.

• November 08, 2018: case and fingerprint fees received; WAC199005xxxx
  • December 03, 2018: called USCIS to inquire missing notice of action, aka extension letter. They said they would re-send it
  • December 14, 2018: received extension letter in the mail
  • April 15, 2019: received an email notification saying fingerprints were waived
  • August 9, 2019: received bio-metrics appointment letter for August 23, 2019 despite being told it was waived in April
  • August 23, 2019: went to local USCIS for bio-metrics appointment (NOTE: even after I went, the online case status still said "On April 15, 2019, fingerprints were used..." This did not change at all until January 2020 - keep reading for more details.)
  • November 13, 2019: called USCIS to inquire case status; was told it was within normal processing time and continued to wait. I also inquired about why the online status still said April, not August; was told it was just a glitch and shouldn't have affected my case
  • January 29, 2020: chatted with an online USCIS about my case status as well as the fingerprints update; again was told it was normal processing time and to keep waiting.
  • January 31, 2020: received an email saying "New card is being produced" in the morning; in the afternoon received another email saying "We approved your i-751..." Online case status was also updated.
  • February 5, 2020: received an email saying "Card was mailed to me." Online case status was also updated
  • February 7, 2020: received GC

NOTE: the emails I had been receiving were due to me signing up for an online account on USCIS website and update notifications.

I don't know me reaching out to USCIS had some kind of effect on expediting things, but it appeared to have worked for me, both the extension letter and ultimately the approval. Just wanted to put this out there.

Thanks all.

4 hours ago, MASH said:

well I got an update that they need more evidence :( , I wish that wasn't the case an I am wondering what else I can possibly give them that I haven't already , I gave bills, lease, pictures, tax returns..nothing else I can think of to give..even had 1 friend of mine and one friend of his write letters saying we are still together

Wait for the letter, and ready it carefully. 

If you sent something and they don't state they received it, send it again. Otherwise, they will probably ask you for updated evidence then it been more than a year.

In a rare cases, they might just send a generic letter with suggestions of the evidences they received, if that is the case, send everything you sent before + NEW. Just read the letter carefully once you get it, and you will be fine.

Don't ask or wonder anything logical when it comes to USCIS really, just be glad that at least now you know they are looking at your file..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.