monthone

Additional documentation required

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

My husband had his visa interview at the Embassy in London on October 22nd, and almost everything went great!  At the first window, the consular official asked a few questions about how long my husband and I have been married, and where we met. The official asked about my W-2. I had not uploaded any W-2s to the CEAC site because I thought I was good and clear with submitting the last 3 years of IRS tax transcripts. 

I did, however, have a physical copy of the W-2s in a booklet with all other required documentation. (Which they didn't even ask for)

The second consular officer asked my husband where we were planning to live, but did say Medical and the lack of W-2 and that I had filed Single last year with no uploaded documentation has put our case as Approved pending documentation. She gave him a blue form and another sheet of paper stating where to upload documents to and an email address to notify that I had uploaded requested documents.

Fast forward a couple days, and I am back in the US. The embassy sent my husband an email stating that they received the results of the medical exam and still were waiting on the additional tax paperwork.

I have uploaded an amended tax form, all my W-2s for the past three years to the requested CEAC site, and emailed the embassy notifying I had uploaded everything. It's been 5 days and CEAC still lists the uploaded items as SUBMITTED.  I can't remember how long it took for the I864, marriage license, etc when I originally uploaded them to be marked as ACCEPTED, but I was hoping he would be able to be here by Thanksgiving. 

Has anyone gone through something like this? 

It's incredibly frustrating to be caught in this limbo, yet it taught me a lesson.... ALWAYS INCLUDE EVERYTHING. EVEN IF IT IS STATED EITHER/OR. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We just uploaded all our docs yesterday but didn't upload W2 or tax returns. Did they ask for W2s for all 3 years or just past year? Had you uploaded tax returns alongside tax transcripts or just the transcripts? What about current income - pay stubs? Was there anything unusual with your tax history? Did you use just your income for requirements or used assets, bank accounts etc?

Hi JRT!

I had originally only uploaded the past 3 years of IRS transcripts. The consular official said my W2 wasn’t in the system (not uploaded to CEAC website)

The consular official only asked for the most current W2 to be uploaded,but I uploaded (last week) the past three years W-2s to ensure any other delays on my part.

I just used my income, but the hiccup was with me filing Single last year when in fact I married my husband in May. 

I initially thought it wouldn’t be an issue as my husband didn’t live/work in the US in 2017.  

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We are going through the similar situation.  We were approved pending my W2's...Like you, I had uploaded 3 years of transcripts.  I uploaded my W2's but then they asked for my husbands dead poll and he had to courier it back to the embassy (he had this day of the interview and they had it in their hands that day but waited until he traveled back home to say they needed a physical copy)  We emailed the email they gave us, they said they saw my W2's on CEAC (which still shows submitted)  but they were waiting on his physical copy of deed poll. They received the Deed poll on Monday,....and now again we wait.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
15 hours ago, CO_Tonya said:

We are going through the similar situation.  We were approved pending my W2's...Like you, I had uploaded 3 years of transcripts.  I uploaded my W2's but then they asked for my husbands dead poll and he had to courier it back to the embassy (he had this day of the interview and they had it in their hands that day but waited until he traveled back home to say they needed a physical copy)  We emailed the email they gave us, they said they saw my W2's on CEAC (which still shows submitted)  but they were waiting on his physical copy of deed poll. They received the Deed poll on Monday,....and now again we wait.

Hello,

Did they request the last W2 or for the 3 years ? 

We sent to NVC 3 years tax returns and tax transcripts with 2017 W2. Now I'm hesitating if I should not bring the W2 of 2015 and 2016 for my interview. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 minutes ago, IF-Mclean said:

Hello,

Did they request the last W2 or for the 3 years ? 

We sent to NVC 3 years tax returns and tax transcripts with 2017 W2. Now I'm hesitating if I should not bring the W2 of 2015 and 2016 for my interview. 

They just wanted last years W2s only.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.