TBoneTX

I-751 July 2017 Filers, Part II

975 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I received the text that they were transferring my I-751 to NBC on 12/24. I had also filed N-400 online in June 2018. 12/31 I received a second text that they’ve scheduled my N-400 interview, so now to wait for that letter to find out my interview date. Assuming it will be a combo interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/1/2019 at 1:00 PM, theanswerisdance said:

I received the text that they were transferring my I-751 to NBC on 12/24. I had also filed N-400 online in June 2018. 12/31 I received a second text that they’ve scheduled my N-400 interview, so now to wait for that letter to find out my interview date. Assuming it will be a combo interview.

Received my interview date today for Feb. 5th. 

On 12/22/2018 at 5:53 PM, Greencardchicago said:

Hi Kate, I would def reccomend you to take your husband with you also. I don't think that there will be one more interview but Just in case.. I also live in Chicago, my case just transferred to Lee Summit, do you mind me asking, how did you get the I751 interview? Did you get transfer your case first or... what happened and how did the interview go? Thank you 

Hi!

we randomly got the interview for the I751 in September. Wasn’t shown on myUSCIS or case tracker. Had interview on Sept 24. Didn’t hear anything back so chased and spoke with a level 2 agent who said they’d have to get Chicago to get back to me directly. 

Got n-400 interview letter for Jan 24. 

2 days ago I got a case transfer letter for my 1751 saying transferer to National Benefits Center - Lee’s summit. 

No idea what’s going on - just keeping in keeping on until it gets sorted!

AOS Journey

3.25 Pack sent to Chicago Lockbox (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) by Overnight FedEx

3.26 Pack arrived at Chicago Lockbox

3.31 Email and texts arrived saying case was received, receipt # allocated, all MSC numbers

4.6 NOIs received by mail

4.17 Letter with biometrics appointment date received

4.21 Walked in early to ASC for biometrics appointment (original date was 4.27) and was seen

6.16 Put in request with service center as EAD over 75 days

6.17 Called State Senator's office and asked for their help with chasing USCIS for the EAD

6.18 Status updated saying EAD card being shipped

6.19 EAD arrived

6.28 i-485 status updated to "Ready for Interview"

9.27 Interview attended

10.05 Green card received

ROC Journey

*realizes that ROC window opens 24 days after I'm due to give birth to first child, panics, and starts to figure out the prep now, even through it's January and 5 months early*

Is there anyone who has done their N-400 interview while their I-751 is still pending. Please let us know what to expect on the interview. Are they merging both the cases?

On 1/3/2019 at 6:51 AM, Ben09 said:

Is there anyone who has done their N-400 interview while their I-751 is still pending. Please let us know what to expect on the interview. Are they merging both the cases?

Hi Ben-

Yep - my interview N-400 interview is scheduled for Jan 24 and my I-751 is still pending.  We had our interview for that on Sept 24, but not movement/ progress since then...  

I have an infopass appointment on Jan 10 to get another stamp extension in my passport (current one runs out on Jan 15) so I'll ask them if they know what's likely to happen !

AOS Journey

3.25 Pack sent to Chicago Lockbox (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) by Overnight FedEx

3.26 Pack arrived at Chicago Lockbox

3.31 Email and texts arrived saying case was received, receipt # allocated, all MSC numbers

4.6 NOIs received by mail

4.17 Letter with biometrics appointment date received

4.21 Walked in early to ASC for biometrics appointment (original date was 4.27) and was seen

6.16 Put in request with service center as EAD over 75 days

6.17 Called State Senator's office and asked for their help with chasing USCIS for the EAD

6.18 Status updated saying EAD card being shipped

6.19 EAD arrived

6.28 i-485 status updated to "Ready for Interview"

9.27 Interview attended

10.05 Green card received

ROC Journey

*realizes that ROC window opens 24 days after I'm due to give birth to first child, panics, and starts to figure out the prep now, even through it's January and 5 months early*

6 hours ago, dizzykjk said:

Hi Ben-

Yep - my interview N-400 interview is scheduled for Jan 24 and my I-751 is still pending.  We had our interview for that on Sept 24, but not movement/ progress since then...  

I have an infopass appointment on Jan 10 to get another stamp extension in my passport (current one runs out on Jan 15) so I'll ask them if they know what's likely to happen !

My N-400 interview is scheduled for Jan 28th.

I filed my I-751 on July 3rd 2017 and it is still pending. No interview or updates for I-751 so far. 

5 hours ago, Xfiles said:

If u don’t mind please let ne know how was everything after u do your interview, and if they did the combo interviews.

Will definitely keep you guys posted

Had my i751 interview back on Dec 18th and the lady said she would approve it. My case today was updated and marked "Approved", Green card is finally on the way. Just gotta start studying the civics stuff for my N400 interview on the 31st Jan! Good luck everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I applied july of 2017 for my I-751 and August 2018 for N-400,

MAY of 2017 i recieved NOA1 saying they received my application for I-751 and that they will use the same biometrics they have on file therefore no biometrics appointment needed. Then Dec. of 2018 i got letter saying they transfer my I-751 application to National benefits center who now has the jurisdiction of my application. 

As for N-400 i did my biometrics in sept 2018 and didnt hear anything since then.

congrats to all of you who got their approval already. I’m hoping to my I-751 application will get approved soon. My 18months extension will expire in 2 months. So i’m hoping for good news.

Timeline
On 12/26/2018 at 11:24 AM, AlfNel23 said:

I751 July 24th 2017 still pending 

N400 June 15th 2018 still pending

I751 transfer update Dec 20 and 21, Dec 24th got a letter case was transferred to National Benefits Center, Lee Summit Office. It doesn't say anything about combo interview or anything.

Same situation as mine. Filed the same day, and I-751 application got transfered to NBC. N-400 still pending. I’m hoping to hear good news soon.

Timeline
On 12/26/2018 at 5:17 PM, zeta054 said:

DHS site and USCIS status should update soon if you already gotten the approval letter. Mine was approved first on USCIS site with email and text notification then DHS site updated a few days later and received official letter in the mail along with 10yr GC.

How do i got about checking DHS website for application status?

Edited by MandL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.