CWiggin

I-551 Green Card Not Received Over 120Days

163 posts in this topic

Timeline
On 2/25/2019 at 7:26 PM, cazzz84 said:

Hi,

I noticed some people may be in a similar situation as myself.  Here's my story:

I came to the USA on September 5th 2018. Denver was my POE and I had paid my immigrant fee on September 1st. I had the visa in my passport and no paperwork as the UK was all electronic. My passport was stamped by the immigration officer and I was told to expect my green card in about 3 months. I never heard anything again.

After 120 days, I attempted to completed the form on uscis page which told me that my case was within 120 days (which it most definitely wasn't). I managed to get a form completed which said green card had never arrived. I then got an email telling me to wait 90 days for a reply. By this time I was so angry. When I tried to call, I just have to wait over an hour with no answer.

So I contacted my congressman and asked him to take over and find out information for me. That was after 160 days.

Then today, I received a letter in the post saying the Texas Service Center has not received my immigration visa packet!!!! This is the last straw. It's beyond me how they cannot receive an ELECTRONIC document.

The letter says to make an appointment at my local USCIS office which when I try to do that on their website, there are no appointments available.  None.  Zero.

I have no idea what to do now and I'm so frustrated with this fiasco.  This is honestly the WORST customer service and the most incompetent people I have ever dealt with in my entire life!

So basically, if I hadn't contacted them, they wouldn't have bothered to tell me that they hadn't received anything and I'd still be none the wiser.  Does anyone know what I can do now since I can't get through on the phone and I can't make an appointment because I have no idea where to go from here short of taking time off work to go to the office and speak to someone in person (if they'll even listen!).

Sorry for the rant, I'm just done with the whole situation.

call them . you can only make infopass appointment on phone now 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I'm just cross-posting to mention I am having the same issue with my electronic packet, and being stuck in a blackhole of utter incompetence involving the Texas Service Center.

I'm currently planning on writing to the Ombudsman, and trying to get an InfoPass appointment, to claw myself out of the hole USCIS have left me in.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Let's please not cross-post if you have another thread on the topic.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
3 hours ago, CWiggin said:

Small update:

I booked a second InfoPass appointment which I had to book via phone as my local office is no longer accepting online bookings.  

The Officer this time was much more helpful and upon my visit was not aware of the "CCD" Consular Consodiated Database containing my Visa Packet.  He inquired with the other Officers and manager and they also were not aware however they looked into it on another set of computers located on a different floor and upon his return he had found all my documents.  Upon leaving he was attempting to contact the Texas Service Center to let them know about the issue with my case and was preparing a package of documents to send to them so they could find my applicable information in the CCD since they are not aware of the new process for the Electronic CCD Visa Packets.   

This was a couple weeks ago and I have no information since.  If it's not resolved through this method then I'm expecting my case to come up in the Ombudsman queue soon.  

Did you book this appointment for stamp ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The first Infopass appointment I had after 120days of not receiving my Green Card was when I received the stamp since they estimated it may take longer than my current Visa had left. They were correct.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

On 3/28/2019 at 9:01 AM, CWiggin said:

Small update:

I booked a second InfoPass appointment which I had to book via phone as my local office is no longer accepting online bookings.  

The Officer this time was much more helpful and upon my visit was not aware of the "CCD" Consular Consodiated Database containing my Visa Packet.  He inquired with the other Officers and manager and they also were not aware however they looked into it on another set of computers located on a different floor and upon his return he had found all my documents.  Upon leaving he was attempting to contact the Texas Service Center to let them know about the issue with my case and was preparing a package of documents to send to them so they could find my applicable information in the CCD since they are not aware of the new process for the Electronic CCD Visa Packets.  

This was a couple weeks ago and I have no information since.  If it's not resolved through this method then I'm expecting my case to come up in the Ombudsman queue soon.  

Hey Y'all,

After reading through this whole thread, it became apparent that this is a widespread issue that is mainly with the Texas Service Center (TSC). My sister's husband recently got his green card in the mail within weeks of entering the United States but that's probably because he was working with the California Service Center (CSC). Unfortunately, my mother-in-law is with the TSC so she is now over the 120 days with no end in sight. We tried submitting an e-Request and just submitted a request with the ombudsman (which apparently could take 4 months).

I was happy to read CWiggin's post (above) that at least the InfoPass office was able to access the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD) which contains all the new visa packets. Apparently, the Texas Service Center is not very technologically sophisticated as some of the other offices (or maybe they're just incompetent?) so that's why they are not able to access the CCD. I am hoping that as they get more of our complaints, they'll finally wake up and realize that several countries around the world are using the electronic visa system and not the physical visa packets anymore.

Our 120 day point was March 9, 2019 so we contacted USCIS on March 12, 2019 and they inquired with the TSC. We just received the "Lost Visa Packet" letter today: 

"A search of USCIS records indicates the Immigrant Visa Fee has been received. However, it appears that the Texas Service Center has not received your Department of State issued Immigrant Visa Packet, which should have been submitted by the Port of Entry (POE) when you entered the United States. The Texas Service Center requires a completed Lost Visa Packet in order to process your Permanent Resident Card. Further research is needed in regards to your inquiry. You should receive correspondence within the next 90 days regarding this case. If you do not receive this correspondence, please contact customer service."

I'm praying that all our cases get resolved soon because it's such an inconvenience. For what it's worth, I am now living in Texas (just relocated from California) so if I do get an Infopass appointment at the local Dallas office, I will be sure to educate them about the CCD and advise them to have all the officers install the program or database on their computers.

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback and support.

Sincerely,
Ramsey

On 3/28/2019 at 10:59 AM, ahm12 said:

Did you book this appointment for stamp ? 

Hi,

After almost 2 months of having my Appointment via Infopass and submitting again my birth cerficate translated, 2 passport photos and the I-89 form(lost visa packet), I received my Green card. I was not requested to retake my finger prints nor anything else. The ombudsman didn't help me because today I received an email stating to be patient that my case will be reviewed shortly lol...

I got say there is still hope, apparently the infopass appointment and the I-89 form helped.

Timeline
1 minute ago, NickSan89 said:

Hi,

After almost 2 months of having my Appointment via Infopass and submitting again my birth cerficate translated, 2 passport photos and the I-89 form(lost visa packet), I received my Green card. I was not requested to retake my finger prints nor anything else. The ombudsman didn't help me because today I received an email stating to be patient that my case will be reviewed shortly lol...

I got say there is still hope, apparently the infopass appointment and the I-89 form helped.

No way, CONGRATULATIONS!! Happy to hear that you've finally received your green card after all this wait :) Did you have to submit the I-89 form during your infopass appointment? Or can you submit it separately by downloading a form online and filling it out?

Sincerely,
Ramsey

1 minute ago, Ramsey said:

No way, CONGRATULATIONS!! Happy to hear that you've finally received your green card after all this wait :) Did you have to submit the I-89 form during your infopass appointment? Or can you submit it separately by downloading a form online and filling it out?

Thanks! You have to submit the I-89 in your infopass appointment. The form is sent from the USCIS Field Office to the Texas service center. It is an internal process ( not well specified)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, NickSan89 said:

Thanks! You have to submit the I-89 in your infopass appointment. The form is sent from the USCIS Field Office to the Texas service center. It is an internal process ( not well specified)

Gotcha, so I guess the only way is through an InfoPass appointment. I am not sure if your local USCIS field office allowed you to do this, but the field office by my house here in Dallas is saying: 

This office is not accepting walk-in requests or scheduling InfoPass appointments. 

You can get basic information about immigration services and ask questions about your case on our Tools page without visiting an office or calling us. 

If you need help with document services (such as passport stamps and advance parole) or have an emergency, call the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283. 

Did you have to call the USCIS contact center to get an appointment? Or will they be sending me that information via regular mail? Thanks for your help and sorry for all the questions :) 

Sincerely,
Ramsey

2 minutes ago, Ramsey said:

Gotcha, so I guess the only way is through an InfoPass appointment. I am not sure if your local USCIS field office allowed you to do this, but the field office by my house here in Dallas is saying: 

This office is not accepting walk-in requests or scheduling InfoPass appointments. 

You can get basic information about immigration services and ask questions about your case on our Tools page without visiting an office or calling us. 

If you need help with document services (such as passport stamps and advance parole) or have an emergency, call the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283. 

Did you have to call the USCIS contact center to get an appointment? Or will they be sending me that information via regular mail? Thanks for your help and sorry for all the questions :) 

The LA FIELD OFFICE has the same set back.I had to call really early and make my case to the call center representative. You have to skip all options until you talk with a human being. I had to wait 30 minutes. Once I spoke with someone i said that i needed to file my I-89 because my documents were submitted electronically and now they are lost somehow. After they accept your request they will transfer you to a phone queue in the field center You belong to. They will call you within 48hs. They called me within 24hs, so be aware and don't miss the call. I had to explain my case again to the field Officer and then they gave me the infopass appointment within a week. They will print out the form in the field office. But you need to bring 2 passport photos, copy of your translated birth certificate and your passport with the stamp.

Glad to help, this forum helped me to keep pushing.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, NickSan89 said:

The LA FIELD OFFICE has the same set back.I had to call really early and make my case to the call center representative. You have to skip all options until you talk with a human being. I had to wait 30 minutes. Once I spoke with someone i said that i needed to file my I-89 because my documents were submitted electronically and now they are lost somehow. After they accept your request they will transfer you to a phone queue in the field center You belong to. They will call you within 48hs. They called me within 24hs, so be aware and don't miss the call. I had to explain my case again to the field Officer and then they gave me the infopass appointment within a week. They will print out the form in the field office. But you need to bring 2 passport photos, copy of your translated birth certificate and your passport with the stamp.

Glad to help, this forum helped me to keep pushing.

Nick,

Thank you so much, this is very helpful. I will be sure to call the USCIS call center on Monday then and really push for the I-89. Fingers crossed that they forward me to the field office here in Dallas so I can schedule an infopass appointment :)  Best of luck to you in your future here in the USA!!

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

A small update about my case, might be not so useful.

My case is  about 7 months delay now, I sent my first E-request in Jan 2019, got response saying my case was waiting in line for additional review, no estimate time provided. After seeing you guys' updates about book an inforpass appointment in local office, so I tried today. the information I got are, 

1. they would not give me an appointment in local office because my case is not specific(I dont know what that mean) , and since my local office -Milwaukee is only doing phone call appointment, they told me the only thing I can do is WAIT!!!

2. I mentioned that I need to go to local office for a stamp,  I was told I still got 6 months valid visa so I cant use this for a reason to book an appointment either.

3. I can not go to other close offices that accept online apppointment to ask the process unless I move.

4.  My case last update was still in Jan 2019, the phone cs is finding the same information as I can find online,  he just suggests me to do e-request or USCIS account inbox message again.

I am going to keep sending e-requests/inbox messages online until I get a response saying my case is lost , as one post suggested.

Edited by Sherry_c

Timeline
On 3/30/2019 at 7:43 PM, NickSan89 said:

Hi,

i am still waiting they are yet to admit there is anything wrong 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.