rebnoe

Question about birth Certificate Translation

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Does anyone here have any experience with foreign birth certificates?  My fiance got his Spanish birth certificate and requested the translated one.  I have attached photos of it.  The first image is the birth certificate where the information is laid out with numbers.  The second image is the backside - it has numbers corresponding to each piece of information on the front and the translation to various different languages. 

My question is, do you think this is acceptable?  He's interviewing in the Netherlands (not Spain).  It does have English translation on it, but I'm worried they wont consider it good enough.

Image-1 (1).jpg

18020a61-4e24-4abe-8de4-ee80d9e828e0.JPG

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I used the same formul A from my country.

I created one more English version of it by using the translation directions given on the second page. And while certifying it, I also added that the translations were made using the directions given on the second one. And put the English one on top with the original language.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Naes said:

I used the same formul A from my country.

I created one more English version of it by using the translation directions given on the second page. And while certifying it, I also added that the translations were made using the directions given on the second one. And put the English one on top with the original language.

Thank you :) I'll have it translated just incase

Timeline
20 hours ago, Rubenc24 said:

Rebnoe,

sorry for being a total newbie here, but my fiance birth certificate is also in spanish and i need to get it translated to english.  where can i have that done? is there a translator service or something i can google?

There is many translation services you can use.  My fiance is using  CBLINGUA, S.L.  He scanned the document into the computer and emailed it to them.  They send back the translation in a few days :)

• 3 weeks later...

The picture is of the International version/format. Mine was the same way and it was excepted by both the consulate and (more importantly) the USCIS when filling the AOS.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Fr8dog said:

The picture is of the International version/format. Mine was the same way and it was excepted by both the consulate and (more importantly) the USCIS when filling the AOS.

Thank you so much for your info!   That’s good to know about USCIS.   I have another question. Do you have to submit police certificates for the AOS as well?  My fiancé had his interview this week, and they kept all of his original police certificates.   He’s lived in 5 countries so he had to get a lot lol.   I’m not sure if they’re going to return the documents with his passport?

I can't remember but you can look through the instructions and find out what he needs. Never give any originals unless you have to, always make copies and just bring the originals. It even states this in the instructions. They might return them but I doubt it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.