nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

I had a quick question. Who did you email here? It seems amazing that someone was able to make immediate action on your case. 

You can send a message to uscis on the uscis dhs site. The one you applied for citizenship. They tend to respond within 72 hrs, usually same or next day. But often useless answers, though. It's possible that they noticed the mistake on her case without seeing her message though. My mom said that 2 yrs ago they scheduled her to the wrong place and corrected their mistake before her contacting them (she didn't know that there was a mistake!).

8 minutes ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

I had a quick question. Who did you email here? It seems amazing that someone was able to make immediate action on your case. 

I sent an email through the DHS account inbox. And after about 30 minutes my status changed and to placed in line and then  few minutes letter to new oath date mailed. I don't know if my email triggered the change or they were eventually going to correct themselves...who knows

Edited by nompish

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

1 minute ago, nompish said:

I sent an email through the DHS account inbox. And after about 30 minutes my status changed and to placed in line and then  few minutes letter to new oath date mailed. 

30 minutes! wow. I want to try this soon.

4 minutes ago, Butterfly83 said:

You can send a message to uscis on the uscis dhs site. The one you applied for citizenship. They tend to respond within 72 hrs, usually same or next day. But often useless answers, though. It's possible that they noticed the mistake on her case without seeing her message though. My mom said that 2 yrs ago they scheduled her to the wrong place and corrected their mistake before her contacting them (she didn't know that there was a mistake!).

ah ok thanks. uscis told me that Oath ceremony scheduling could take up to 90 days after approval and I am on day 73. So im kind of thinking of options I can do to actually get them to do something. everything ive tried so far they just send default response. "please allow more time. thank your for your continued patience".  which doesnt really help when people approved after me are getting scheduled.

Just now, NeedMoreCoffee said:

ah ok thanks. uscis told me that Oath ceremony scheduling could take up to 90 days after approval and I am on day 73. So im kind of thinking of options I can do to actually get them to do something. everything ive tried so far they just send default response. "please allow more time. thank your for your continued patience".  which doesnt really help when people approved after me are getting scheduled.

I had previously sent them a message telling them my green card extension was expiring on June 13....two days later they scheduled me for June 13 oath...could be a coincidence ...no harm in trying this angle...

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

2 minutes ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

I feel so bad for you :( This is awful :( Have you tried scheduling an infopass? Have you called a trier2 officer? I assume you have though... 

6 minutes ago, Butterfly83 said:

I feel so bad for you :( This is awful :( Have you tried scheduling an infopass? Have you called a trier2 officer? I assume you have though... 

yea. i laughed at the infopass appointment because its becoming a joke at this point. the dude behind the couter was like "oh wow you were approved  on march 13..  you should be scheduled soon now" so i brought up that people approved after me were getting scheduled and then he responded with "every case is handled differently". so yea no luck unfortunately. I am going to try @nompish approach now

8 minutes ago, nompish said:

I had previously sent them a message telling them my green card extension was expiring on June 13....two days later they scheduled me for June 13 oath...could be a coincidence ...no harm in trying this angle...

I am going to do this right now. To make sure i am emailing the right place. this is under the resources -> send us a message link ? 

Edited by NeedMoreCoffee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

San Antonio Field Office. Exactly 8 months to the day for processing:

N-400 application 10/14/2018

Biometrics  11/05/2018

Interview 05/13/2019

Approval 05/13/2019

Notification of Oath Scheduled 05/23/2019

Oath  06/13/2019

On 5/22/2019 at 3:27 PM, Nathan619 said:

That’s good to know hopefully we all get an answer soon I’m tryna to change carriers too but waiting to start fresh with my new name I can’t wait but one day it will be over. Good luck to everyone!

I got approved April 15 and 40 days later Just Got a case status change email and said we scheduled your ceremony date yaay finally thanks to Jesus.. but I cannot see the letter in the document yet!!

Edited by Nathan619

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys, my case was updated today. I checked online just now my Interview is July 10th at Federal Plaza Manhattan. Filed October 5, 2018. The I751 still pending. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, animkofi said:

5 weeks after n400 interview. No oath ceremony date yet. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Same here. I need to travel in the end of July. They better schedule my Oath before or on July 4th

I believe I'm also in the same boat as a couple of people here.  I had my successful interview last month but I've not yet had notice about my Oath Ceremony.

I know which courthouse it will be.  My interview told me the town it would take place, and a quick google gave me the courthouse's website and they list the dates they do the Oaths (about once a month).

But I'm still waiting for the letter to arrive.  My account on uscis now has a timeline of August (it was originally October when I started this process).

CR1 VISA

Jul 23 2010 - MARRIED

Aug 26 2010 - I-130 received by USCIS

Jan 21 2011 - Approved by USCIS

Mar 04 2011 - NVC received

Mar 15 2011 - Medical

Mar 30 2011 - NVC COMPLETED

Apr 14 2011 - Packet 4 received

May 12 2011 - EMBASSY INTERVIEW

May 23 2011 - VISA received

May 26 2011 - Dulles POE

Jun 20 2011 - GREENCARD arrives

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.