nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
7 minutes ago, jefferyd said:

I dropped it off at 8 am and they said it would be ready at 3.  I don't know if they can turn them faster if needed.

I think that I was not clear with the question. How long did you wait for the pick up when you get there at 3p.m? Was it fast, do I need to get a number and wait in the waiting room or its just one window with no wait? 

1 hour ago, jefferyd said:

I dropped off my application in the morning and picked up my passport and naturalization certificate the same day from the same location.  I overheard another agent saying they could mail the passport out if the applicant didn't want to come back to the agency.

This is dumb, but what is a passport agency and how come it only took you a day to get your passport? I don't want to wait endless weeks for mine...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Greencardchicago said:

I think that I was not clear with the question. How long did you wait for the pick up when you get there at 3p.m? Was it fast, do I need to get a number and wait in the waiting room or its just one window with no wait? 

I seem to remember getting a number when I arrived in the morning but there was no wait.  In the afternoon I went straight up to the window, no wait at all.  However this was the Buffalo agency at it may be different at more busy offices

22 minutes ago, Butterfly83 said:

This is dumb, but what is a passport agency and how come it only took you a day to get your passport? I don't want to wait endless weeks for mine...

You have to prove imminent travel- show a plane ticket or proof of travel within the next few weeks or days, make an appointment at the nearest agency online here or by calling 1-877-487-2778

Good evening all, 

Did anybody else had their time increased for the N400.. Mine has gone up six month. That's ridiculous. I know that this time is not exact but that makes me wonder if it could go up again once I wait the additional time.  My field office is NYC and I filed my n400 form in October 2018.  I was in line for an interview for August but now I'll have to wait until December of this year. Did anybody else has a similar experience ?? 

51 minutes ago, Claudio Romero said:

Good evening all, 

Did anybody else had their time increased for the N400.. Mine has gone up six month. That's ridiculous. I know that this time is not exact but that makes me wonder if it could go up again once I wait the additional time.  My field office is NYC and I filed my n400 form in October 2018.  I was in line for an interview for August but now I'll have to wait until December of this year. Did anybody else has a similar experience ?? 

Yes Claudio, this happened to everyone in NYC unfortunately. That field office has a massive backlog - 30,000 cases. I share your pain. I have the same anxiety - that another delay could be up ahead. We are at their mercy, basically. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

I have my combo I-751/N400 interview on June 12, but my husband has had an important trip come up for work.  Anyone know if this is grounds to get the appointment rescheduled even at this short notice?  If so, how do you go about it?  Thanks!

2 hours ago, jz1495 said:

I have my combo I-751/N400 interview on June 12, but my husband has had an important trip come up for work.  Anyone know if this is grounds to get the appointment rescheduled even at this short notice?  If so, how do you go about it?  Thanks!

Never reschedule your interview , might take up to a year , they are not interested in rescheduling neither interview nor oath 

I recommend you stick to your appointment 

8 hours ago, Claudio Romero said:

Good evening all, 

I am also in NYC and mine was pushed from August 2019 to January 2020...

Hello from another Brit! :) 

I'd take a chance and go ahead with the appointment solo. If your case is pretty standard, it may not be an issue that your husband can't make it. My reasoning being that your i-751 may have been approved without an interview had you not applied for the N400. At my combi, the IO didn't ask my husband anything at all. 

Worse case scenario, you'll pass the N400 and get recalled for a joint i-751 interview with your husband. 

It's the luck of the draw. Any which way, I'd prefer the rescheduling of any interview to be in the hands of USCIS rather than mine. That way the action and clock is on them. 

Good luck!

8 hours ago, jz1495 said:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Question to those of you that had your oath already! Did you get a notification on the uscis dhs site at all? Did you see your letter w/ the oath date before the oath letter arrived under the documents tab? Or did the letter just show up in your mailbox w/ no online notice or pdf letter at all? 
I'm worried cuz my interview letter was somehow placed in my neighbor's mailbox. I'm not sure which neighbor, all I know that the letter was by my door about 3 weeks late with some other letters, so it must've been at another tenant's. My address WAS correct on it, so it was the mailman's fault. Since my notice (including my pdf letter w/ the date) was on dhs, it was totally fine, but I don't want to miss my oath date due to some silly mistake.... My interview was only on Monday, so I probably won't be getting an oath letter for weeks though.

11 hours ago, jz1495 said:

If you reschedule it, it can be a long time that you get an interview. They may not want to talk to your husband during the combo, however, it still looks good if he is there in the waiting area. It was clearly important to the officer that my husband came to support me even if he didn't care to talk to him, he did ask if he was there to support and noted who he was. If he is not there, they may have to schedule you a second interview for your I751, which can take a while. Personally, I would do everything to get out of his work trip....his job has to understand, this is kinda like a government duty to show up, it's not like he would be skipping this trip for a fun birthday party or to watch netflix.

Filed: Timeline

My wife received her 10-year green card a couple of days ago! Such a strange process...she was told that she passed her N-400 interview but couldn't be formally approved because her I-751 hadn't been approved. A day later, the i-751 was approved and she received the green card a week later!   Her N-400 application now says "waiting for oath to be scheduled." Hopefully it's soon. Regardless, we're extremely relieved to have the 10 year green card :)

15 hours ago, Claudio Romero said:

Good evening all, 

I wouldn't worry about that. Mine changed a few times. Currently it says 11 months but I just had my interview (approved!) so it clearly won't take that long!

1 hour ago, JaseFace727 said:

My wife received her 10-year green card a couple of days ago! Such a strange process...she was told that she passed her N-400 interview but couldn't be formally approved because her I-751 hadn't been approved. A day later, the i-751 was approved and she received the green card a week later!   Her N-400 application now says "waiting for oath to be scheduled." Hopefully it's soon. Regardless, we're extremely relieved to have the 10 year green card :)

I had the same experience only a few days after you. I didn't get a green card yet, but I received an official letter in the mail today that I'm a permanent resident now and should get my card within 60 days... Hopefully my oath will be scheduled much sooner.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I  passed my N400 interview a couple of hours ago !

I just wanted to thank every single one who posted his / her experiences here in Visajourney, you guys have been very very helpful from the very beginning. 

My interview was very easy, the officer was very very friendly! Just asked some yes/ no questions from the application. The civic test , reading and writing. The officer told me that he approved my citizenship and the next ceremony will be around mid July. I saw the online ceremony date July 2nd )

my status still interview scheduled but I dont care about it. 

As I always say: if you don’t have anything to hide and you are telling the truth, then you don’t have anything to worry bout ! It’s just a matter of time ! You are getting there very soon. 

Have a great day and again thank you so much. 

Edited by dr_medovet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.