nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 2/8/2019 at 9:46 PM, Xfiles said:

Just do a case inquiry online, but u are under normal processing time, that will be the answer.! Must wait 120 days after interview  

I received a letter this morning. and in it, my officer calls me and my wife for an additional interview on March 15 . it also says I have to bring evidence and joint accounts. how strange that last time he didn't take my evidence and now he's asking for it again. the status of my case hasn't changed online . still recording from December 11, 2018 . I don't know if they'll ask for the citizenship test again . but still repeat the questions.

At last! Some movement on your case. :) 

If you passed the civics and N400 interview, I doubt they'll test you again, but it may be worth checking just to make sure. Sounds like an i-751 interview to me.

10 minutes ago, Nikolas2017 said:

I received a letter this morning. and in it, my officer calls me and my wife for an additional interview on March 15 . it also says I have to bring evidence and joint accounts. how strange that last time he didn't take my evidence and now he's asking for it again. the status of my case hasn't changed online . still recording from December 11, 2018 . I don't know if they'll ask for the citizenship test again . but still repeat the questions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

At last! Some movement on your case. :) 

If you passed the civics and N400 interview, I doubt they'll test you again, but it may be worth checking just to make sure. Sounds like an i-751 interview to me.

i gor G-56 form . did they separeted you? on your i-751 interview or asked you both together ?

Form G-56 what is this? 

I received the G-56 interview notice, that's the i-751 letter that you got. It should say 'G-56' at the bottom left. There should have been an 'attachment to the G-56' which is the document checklist to bring. 

My combi interview is next Tuesday, 12 March, so I don't know yet how we'll be interviewed. But I'm bringing my spouse along as I'm expecting us both the be called for the i-751 interview and for me to do the N400 civics and interview solo.

I'll be posting my experience.

5 minutes ago, Nikolas2017 said:

i gor G-56 form . did they separeted you? on your i-751 interview or asked you both together ?

Form G-56 what is this? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

44 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

I received the G-56 interview notice, that's the i-751 letter that you got. It should say 'G-56' at the bottom left. There should have been an 'attachment to the G-56' which is the document checklist to bring. 

My combi interview is next Tuesday, 12 March, so I don't know yet how we'll be interviewed. But I'm bringing my spouse along as I'm expecting us both the be called for the i-751 interview and for me to do the N400 civics and interview solo.

I'll be posting my experience.

Hi, I have a question, guys. Is any difference between If you apply before you have your 10 GC or after ?!  Why N400 take less time from I-751?  I mean I saw people taking their interview for N400 very quick compared with the I-751?

30 minutes ago, lovemywife85 said:

Hi, I have a question, guys. Is any difference between If you apply before you have your 10 GC or after ?!  Why N400 take less time from I-751?  I mean I saw people taking their interview for N400 very quick compared with the I-751?

Its the same time, u might be lucky that process even faster, the good thing is that u got good odds to get your i-751 processed faster, the bad think its that the interviewer can be an ####### but, like almost everyone I applied before getting my 10y card.! And honestly I didn’t cared ablut the card my goal was getting my citizenship..!!!

1 hour ago, Nikolas2017 said:

Your officer was just a duick.! 

Edited by Xfiles

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

n-400 interview on 04/08/2019 at Lawrence, MA, applied on 10/23/2018.☺️

Edited by LOVE MY LIFE

5 hours ago, afrocraft said:

Do I need to present a state-issued ID for the N-400 interview? My driver's license is expired.

My IO did ask for my driver's license at the interview, as well as my GC and passport. She glanced at the DL and gave it back to me. Don't know if the expiration date matters, even though mine wasn't expired

Edited by Knockturn Alley

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/4/2019 at 5:22 PM, LOVE MY LIFE said:

update on my case status ,we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, so happy ,can't wait,filed on 10/23/2018. can't see my interview letter yet ,but i will update once find out. boston ,ma

We submitted at the same time and my interview will be 4/2. Goodluck on our journey :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, LOVE MY LIFE said:

n-400 interview on 04/08/2019 at Lawrence, MA, applied on 10/23/2018.☺️

We submitted on the same date and my interview will be 4/2. Goodluck on our journey :)

I had some tiny hopes that I would get my ROC approved before my N-400. I guess not... First they transfered my case to Lee Summit then to my local office. Since I didn't receive a notice in the mail about the second transfer I sent in an inquiry.

"Recently, you notified us that you did not receive your transfer notice.  As a courtesy, we have requested that a duplicate transfer notice be mailed to you.  You should receive the duplicate transfer notice within 30 days from the date of this notice.

Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was filed on XXX 2017.  On XXX 2018, you also filed a Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.  Our records indicate that your Form I-751 and Form N-400 are currently pending and will be adjudicated at the same time. To check your local field office’s current case processing times for N400's, please visit our website at https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times."

I guess it's official that eventually, I will get a combi interview.... Trouble is that the N-400 processing times are 10 - 19.5 months for Milwaukee. I hope that's not true!!!! It can't be.... meanwhile so many of you are getting approved.... :( "tears"

image.png.ffe52bf0094604cb5a65d4d12deccbc5.png

On 3/4/2019 at 6:55 PM, lovemywife85 said:

Not for everyone. Some people in this group got their interview or their citizenship already, while others (like myself) are still waiting with both i-751 and n-400. I think it's luck...but if it really is faster on average, it's because our i-751 is totally overdue and now they combine cases, and may push the n-400 ahead based on our i-751 timeline. Again, I'm still waiting, though it's only been 4 months since applying for my n-400.... 16 since my i-751....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.