nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

I really hope so. I've checked, and my local IRS office doesn't offer this service, so I'm reliant on the mail method.

I got my N400 interview notification back in January, but my i-751 interview notice arrived just today - about 6 weeks later. Wish they'd come at the same time, then I would've known about the transcripts and could have got them ordered in good time. 

Oh well. If they don't arrive, I just hope the IO is satisfied with the ton of other evidences proving our joint finances and co-mingling.

21 minutes ago, afrocraft said:

If you apply for paper transcripts today, there's a good chance you'll have them by the 12th.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

On 2/20/2019 at 10:09 PM, trangnguyen said:

Good news to hear update about your case. So how about n400 case status on your account now. Did it approved yet. I think  they should schedule the Oath for you soon. Maybe next week. 

Hi @trangnguyen If you don't mind me asking, what time was your oath ceremony? Was it in the morning or in the afternoon?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Knockturn Alley said:

Hi @trangnguyen If you don't mind me asking, what time was your oath ceremony? Was it in the morning or in the afternoon?

Hi. My Oath at 1pm on Friday 02/22. It take about 1 hour a half. How your case. Did you have schedule for Oath yet 

34 minutes ago, trangnguyen said:

Hi. My Oath at 1pm on Friday 02/22. It take about 1 hour a half. How your case. Did you have schedule for Oath yet 

Yes, oath is scheduled for Friday 03/08 at 1pm. Tampa office. Just wanted to make sure 1pm is the usual time

I'm really hoping I don't get asked for the transcripts, but you just never know. On the plus side, it does seem as if my local office is ready to do both the I-751 and N400 interviews. Maybe that will lower the chances of getting stuck in the 'i-751 not approved before N400' loop. Who knows! 

I did check, but out local IRS office doesn't provide transcripts as 'you can get that online or in the mail.' But, I'm still going to give the them a call Monday and see if I can get anywhere.

Thanks for responding, it's good to know I may not get asked for the transcripts on the day. The way the checklist is worded, it seemed like an automatic fail if I couldn't produce them.

18 hours ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

Hmmm.. I took my tax transcripts to my interview but they never asked for it. Is there a local IRS office near by where you can go visit? Maybe they are able to get your transcripts on the spot and so you wont need to get it mailed. Thats tricky! I hope you can get your transcripts in time!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I'm feeling a bit frustrated that we haven't heard anything yet for our N400. We submitted back in October and the newest notification is from November 9th saying they reviewed the biometrics. Is anyone else still waiting for the interview? 

July 2014 - Married in Seoul, Korea

October 2014 - Applied for 2-year Green Card

April 2015 - Arrived in America

January 2017 - Applied for I-751

May 2018 - Case Approved

May 2018 - Received 10-year green card

October 2018 - Applied for N-400

March 13, 2019 - Received interview date (April 17th)

16 hours ago, sjoy321 said:

I'm feeling a bit frustrated that we haven't heard anything yet for our N400. We submitted back in October and the newest notification is from November 9th saying they reviewed the biometrics. Is anyone else still waiting for the interview? 

Yes. My office is San Francisco and they generally take about a year from filing to interview :( 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 1/27/2019 at 11:32 AM, GoodbyeGirl said:

Hello - do you really mean K1? Most people in this forum who've gone down that visa route will have done so at least 3 years ago. You may be better off looking at the most recent K1 approvals.

Just a suggestion, if you add more to your profile - what you're applying for, local office,  your home country, immigration timeline - you'll help people to help you. It's quite a friendly place. :) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hi Guys! I have gathered that most of you here have done either the K1/I-130 Visa. I know this is the citizenship forum but I have a few questions and I am really hoping you guys will be able to help me even though you have been done with these visas around 4 years ago. I am currently waiting to complete my citizenship process, waiting to do the interview and oath. After I am done with that I will apply for the K1 Visa for my finacé living in Guyana. My fiance has applied for a visitors Visa/B2 Visa to the USA but has been denied twice. He will be applying again this year. He has never mentioned me for his reason for visit. My questions are; 1) Will his denial affect us when we do the K1? 2) Will the fact that he has never mentioned me affect us when we do the K1? 3) I know one of the K1 requirements is the couple should meet within 2 years of applying which means I'll have to go to Guyana if he doesn't get through with his visitors Visa to come this year. In order to use 2018 and 2019 vacation in our K1 Visa application, now my question is can I travel this summer while my N400 is processing?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

update on my case status ,we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, so happy ,can't wait,filed on 10/23/2018. can't see my interview letter yet ,but i will update once find out. boston ,ma

Hey that's great! Let us know what you get your date.  :)

If you don't mind me asking, what's the status of your i-751? I've got a combi interview on 12 March (i-751 + N400).

11 minutes ago, LOVE MY LIFE said:

update on my case status ,we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, so happy ,can't wait,filed on 10/23/2018. can't see my interview letter yet ,but i will update once find out. boston ,ma

Outcome

Timeline
20 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Hey that's great! Let us know what you get your date.  :)

If you don't mind me asking, what's the status of your i-751? I've got a combi interview on 12 March (i-751 + N400).

i can't see interview letter yet but i will update once i will see, my I-751 still pending ,its going to be combo for sure ,did its saying in you letter its going to be combo interview for you on 12th?

Thanks for responding. 

In January I got the notice for the N400 interview but nothing about my I-751. So I raised an inquiry and got a letter the next day from my local office confirming I would be sitting a combi interview, but that's literally all it said. 

Six weeks later (last Friday) to my surprise, I got formal notice for my i-751 interview. There was a checklist of evidences/documents to bring, which included tax transcripts for the past 3 years. 

Well, I can't get them online, so have ordered them in the mail. It can take up to 10 days, so they may not arrive in time, and my local IRS office is not an option (they won't provide them). The rather scary sounding statement 'your application will be denied' for failure to bring this has got me worried. 

So my advice is to get your tax transcripts now. :) 

1 minute ago, LOVE MY LIFE said:

i can't see interview letter yet but i will update once i will see, my I-751 still pending ,its going to be combo for sure ,did its saying in you letter its going to be combo interview for you on 12th?

Outcome

Timeline
5 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Thanks for responding. 

In January I got the notice for the N400 interview but nothing about my I-751. So I raised an inquiry and got a letter the next day from my local office confirming I would be sitting a combi interview, but that's literally all it said. 

Six weeks later (last Friday) to my surprise, I got formal notice for my i-751 interview. There was a checklist of evidences/documents to bring, which included tax transcripts for the past 3 years. 

Well, I can't get them online, so have ordered them in the mail. It can take up to 10 days, so they may not arrive in time, and my local IRS office is not an option (they won't provide them). The rather scary sounding statement 'your application will be denied' for failure to bring this has got me worried. 

So my advice is to get your tax transcripts now. :) 

wow ,i hope you will get it before 12th you will be fine just stay positive, i got last update on my i-751 in 13nov2018 like case move to local office for interview than its change to my Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction than i got letter saying its in MO office ,since than nothing , how long it took you to see interview letter online ?thanks 

You should get your interview date online by tomorrow, mine took around 24hrs. 

Good luck!

1 minute ago, LOVE MY LIFE said:

wow ,i hope you will get it before 12th you will be fine just stay positive, i got last update on my i-751 in 13nov2018 like case move to local office for interview than its change to my Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction than i got letter saying its in MO office ,since than nothing , how long it took you to see interview letter online ?thanks 

Outcome

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.