nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

So this could be quite sad or quite helpful. :)

I've got myself a free countdown timer app... 18 days, 22 hours, 48 minutes and 20 seconds to go till I can submit my N400 application. 

IMG_4651.PNG

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

14 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

So this could be quite sad or quite helpful. :)

I've got myself a free countdown timer app... 18 days, 22 hours, 48 minutes and 20 seconds to go till I can submit my N400 application. 

IMG_4651.PNG

Almost there! I am just 11 days away :D :D

3 minutes ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

Almost there! I am just 11 days away :D :D

woop-woop!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

On 10/3/2018 at 3:58 PM, GoodbyeGirl said:

Hello! 

I don't think so. I'm applying on the 3-years married option, and have got my online application saved and ready to go. In fact, once you start the application, the system will tell you if you're eligible or not. 

I'll post a couple of screen shots so you can see what I mean. 

I'm posting a few days after you on 24 Oct and I've been able to save my application, so you should have no problem if you wanted to work on it now.

Sorry this is a bit late, I was having trouble uploading files. Here's the screen shots from the 'review' part of the N400 online application. The system will confirm your eligibility and then let you know you're a bit early to file. It's pretty cool that it'll confirm your earliest submission date.

Hope this helps a bit. 

n400.pdf

Outcome

And here's what the top of your https://my.uscis.gov/account will show when you next login. 

The expiry date is 30 days from when you start the submission. You have till then to submit. If not, your application will be removed.* 

So you can see that I started my application on 29 Sep, I can file from 24 October, which is within the expiry deadline of 29 Oct. 

*If you don't submit within the 30 day window and your application is removed, I think you just have to start all over again. It doesn't mean you've missed your chance!

Annotation.png

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

Outcome

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

The expiry date of the draft changes to 30 days again if you work on the draft. I think just changing one thing updates that date. I been working on my draft since more than 30 days. I uploaded 2 more files yesterday and my expiry date is now 30 days from yesterday. They just delete if if you don't touch it for 30 days total. 

That's good to know! 

Are you nearly ready to file now? :) 

Outcome

Timeline
1 hour ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

That's good to know! 

Are you nearly ready to file now? :) 

Technically yes. Mentally? That's a very different story.  😱

Anxiety is hitting hard. I can't even really explain, its just such a bit step and I just get nervous. I am still planning on next week. That is my procrastination talking. I might push it off the following week, just because. Depends on how freaked out I will be. 😅

Officially 5 days away from filing!! Come on @Alamo Catlets file on the same day! loL!

Edited by nompish

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

3 hours ago, Alamo Cat said:

Technically yes. Mentally? That's a very different story.  😱

Anxiety is hitting hard. I can't even really explain, its just such a bit step and I just get nervous. I am still planning on next week. That is my procrastination talking. I might push it off the following week, just because. Depends on how freaked out I will be. 😅

1 minute ago, nompish said:

Officially 5 days away from filing!! Come on @Alamo Catlets file on the same day! loL!

We can all freak out together @Alamo Cat

Outcome

2 minutes ago, Alamo Cat said:

😬 Freakout party. I'll get the Margaritas ready. Might need a pitcher full. 🍹

I'm in! 🍷

Outcome

Hi to all my fellow VJ'ers :)

Filed mine few days ago... OCT 01 and I received my NOA today OCT 05

And I found this link here at VJ - https://my.uscis.gov/account/   (My Estimated Completion Time is 14 months) 

NOTE: Before I start my application ONLINE, I prepared and scanned all the documents required and N400 application and filled it by hand so when I started my application I was ready with all the answers needed.  No need to pause.

Cheers,

Edited by dahlia0811

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

10 hours ago, dahlia0811 said:

Hi to all my fellow VJ'ers :)

Filed mine few days ago... OCT 01 and I received my NOA today OCT 05

And I found this link here at VJ - https://my.uscis.gov/account/   (My Estimated Completion Time is 14 months) 

NOTE: Before I start my application ONLINE, I prepared and scanned all the documents required and N400 application and filled it by hand so when I started my application I was ready with all the answers needed.  No need to pause.

Cheers,

Hello!

When you file online, do you get your NOA by email or does that still come in the mail?

Outcome

Timeline

I just filed a I-90 back in August online  and in the same account will file a N-400. I got notified of an action via text and email, which I set up and I also was able to see the NOA in my account before it also then came in the mail. 

I assume it will be the same with the N-400. 

I'll get to follow 2 different applications at onceI guess. I like how they have this all set up in online account now. 

What I don't remember how I filed I-90 10 years ago. I know I did not paper mail it, but online. But it didn't look like the system in place now. 

eta: I filed my I-90 even knowing I would file the N-400 soon after. I didn't want to be without a card of sorts with the wait times being so long. My biometrics for it were like a cattle drive. It was horrible. Packed and with number system. Didn't matter what my appointment letter said. I am guessing the next one will be the same. Yikes. They did put a sticker on the back of my green card extending it to August. I filed last day in August. It would expire in January otherwise. 

Edited by Alamo Cat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.