Kyle&Ana

OCTOBER 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,551 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys Oct 11th filer here.  

What is the old and new sites everyone talks about to check status? I have no idea which is the one I am checking. 

I feel like time has stood still since the start of February, and to see people being approved left right and centre, as much as I am happy for them, my heart sinks a little that I’m still stuck with “My case was received”.  My fiance called yesterday and was not given much info at all, only the it can take 7.5 months blah blah.  How did you guys find out if background check had been done etc.  And how do you all cope with this wait?! We’ve been together since 2013 and this past 5/6 months has felt much longer lol. 

Although I am so envious of you all that have received your NOA2s, congratulations ❤️ 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jlo102612 said:

did you call and see if your background check was completed already?

Yeah I called last friday,  and talked with one of Tier 2 officer when I asked him about my background check so as he said that yeah your case looks pretty clear, still waiting to hear fron them 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

Such a small world! Where abouts in Michigan?

Livingston country, about half way between Brighton and Ann Arbor. What about you? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ashweehehe said:

What is the old and new sites everyone talks about to check status? I have no idea which is the one I am checking. 

I feel like time has stood still since the start of February, and to see people being approved left right and centre, as much as I am happy for them, my heart sinks a little that I’m still stuck with “My case was received”.  My fiance called yesterday and was not given much info at all, only the it can take 7.5 months blah blah.  How did you guys find out if background check had been done etc.  And how do you all cope with this wait?! We’ve been together since 2013 and this past 5/6 months has felt much longer lol. 

Although I am so envious of you all that have received your NOA2s, congratulations ❤️ 

For the 'old' site you do not need to create a login account. It is at:  https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

You create an account and login to the 'new' site at: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ 

Edited by JoeMc
typo

I-751 Timeline

● Aug 11, 2022 / I-751 / Submission to USCIS

● Jun 20, 2024 / I-751 / Biometrics, i.e. fingerprint and photo

Timeline
1 minute ago, JoeMc said:

For the 'old' site you do not need to create a login account. It is at:  https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

You create an account and login to the 'new' site at: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ 

Ah brill thankyou! I shall get him to make a account, I’ve been checking the old site. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Samfar 92 said:

Yeah I called last friday,  and talked with one of Tier 2 officer when I asked him about my background check so as he said that yeah your case looks pretty clear, still waiting to hear fron them 

Soon we will get our approval if you look people trends after they completed there background check one to two weeks they get approved...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Jlo102612 said:

did you check if your background was completed?

I always get officer who says processing July so I gave up calling 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Mikayla Harrison said:

I wish I understood how they worked. It seems many from Philippines were approved recently, do they work by country? Ugh.

They do not work by country.

You're always going to see a lot of approvals for the Philippines at any given time because there are so many of them; something like 20% of all K-1s are from there, way more than any other country.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

23 minutes ago, Ashweehehe said:

My.uscis.gov & the other is just uscis.gov. Tier2 is who has information on background checks, although when I called she told me that it’s an internal thing and she can’t see it. You just have to tell tier1 you need to talk to tier2

7 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

They do not work by country.

You're always going to see a lot of approvals for the Philippines at any given time because there are so many of them; something like 20% of all K-1s are from there, way more than any other country.

Ah! So, how do they work? Lol

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mikayla Harrison said:

My.uscis.gov & the other is just uscis.gov. Tier2 is who has information on background checks, although when I called she told me that it’s an internal thing and she can’t see it. You just have to tell tier1 you need to talk to tier2

Thank you for that advice, I will make sure he asks for tier 2 next time he calls, it took forever to get through yesterday and after a 14hour work day I don’t think he was a huge fan of being given minimal info 😂🙈 ugh I just wish it was over with already.   

Just now, Ashweehehe said:

Thank you for that advice, I will make sure he asks for tier 2 next time he calls, it took forever to get through yesterday and after a 14hour work day I don’t think he was a huge fan of being given minimal info 😂🙈 ugh I just wish it was over with already.   

I do too 😭 I get so impatient seeing other cases after mine getting approved :(

Timeline
Just now, Ashweehehe said:

It seems like the UK is taking slightly longer on average. Could be that our background checks aren’t as straight forward

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mikayla Harrison said:

Ah! So, how do they work? Lol

No one's ever really been able to figure that out, and I think people who are much more willing to throw time into crunching numbers than me have tried when there was better data available (because everything was on the old site, so automated scans could get everyone, not just VJ users or anyone who happens to get updates on the old site) ...

Edited by DaveAndAnastasia
K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.