OCTOBER 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,551 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Samfar 92 said:

I hope so. I just check my mail nothing from them  yet 🙁

Keep the faith! Hoping and praying for your approval too. Be positive ❤️

3 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

I would, it seems odd that she wouldn't put you through to Tier 2. Just call and immediately say you need to speak to Tier 2 about your case.

What would I say if they ask why? I read that it’s hard to get through to Tier 2.

3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

They can pretty much tell you if it is approved or not. The tier 2 can see other things but nothing that will be more accurate then the tier 1 and that they are authorized to tell you.

2 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

Not disagreeing with you here, you are far more experienced than me, but a lot of users have been saying they've been told by Tier 2 that applications are on desks, going over final checks, etc. 

That’s what I thought. This lady just told me exactly what I can read on the website. She asked for my receipt number, DOB, address, and country of birth, and then read that it hasn’t been approved yet, and told me 5.5-7.5 months for approval is the average timetable. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mikayla Harrison said:

What would I say if they ask why? I read that it’s hard to get through to Tier 2.

Users here haven't had much issue getting through to T2. You're the first I've heard that couldn't, usually you get a call back if they're not available. I would just say it's about your case and you want to check if some aspects have been completed or if you need to provide extra evidence as the online website case trackers don't work

2 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

Users here haven't had much issue getting through to T2. You're the first I've heard that couldn't, usually you get a call back if they're not available. I would just say it's about your case and you want to check if some aspects have been completed or if you need to provide extra evidence as the online website case trackers don't work

Okay, thank you. I will try that now. Calling can’t ruin my chances for approval, right? 

4 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

Not disagreeing with you here, you are far more experienced than me, but a lot of users have been saying they've been told by Tier 2 that applications are on desks, going over final checks, etc. 

So let me ask, what is the value in knowing the examples you just outline in your post above. I am not trying to be argumentative but there is a process in place and it has been working for as long as I have been here and probably predates me. But everyone has their expectations set so I and when it is not met then they are bery disgruntle because USCIS for example is not moving fast enough, they don't know what they are doing, I have nothing in my history that would require further background checks blah blah blah. This is a topic that we were discussing this morning in another thread and I'd like to share it with you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

So let me ask, what is the value in knowing the examples you just outline in your post above. I am not trying to be argumentative but there is a process in place and it has been working for as long as I have been here and probably predates me. But everyone has their expectations set so I and when it is not met then they are bery disgruntle because USCIS for example is not moving fast enough, they don't know what they are doing, I have nothing in my history that would require further background checks blah blah blah. This is a topic that we were discussing this morning in another thread and I'd like to share it with you.

I think a lot of this is just down to excitement, patience and pure curiosity. People here are paying attention to timelines and their home countries. If a lot of approvals are happening under similar conditions, I think it's normal to wonder. Yes, you could be patient and just wait, but if you can find out and take that stress off your shoulder, or just one less thing to worry about, why not?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

Not yet. I have a terrible feeling anyway XD

No don't feel that way, it's always good to call. I called them 4 times last week, and I spoke with diff diff officers and got different answers from all 4 of them, I will wait till this friday, and will call them again, i feel super bad when you know that everything is good you have no issue with your background, and seeing some people from same country getting their approvals even their piorty date is wayyyyy after you, it really makes me sick lol I feel like they put all cases in a big Box and officers grab one from that big boxs and work on it, it is not in order.....  Come OnUSCIS we all pay the same amount of fee so pay attention what you all doing.... 

9 minutes ago, Samfar 92 said:

No don't feel that way, it's always good to call. I called them 4 times last week, and I spoke with diff diff officers and got different answers from all 4 of them, I will wait till this friday, and will call them again, i feel super bad when you know that everything is good you have no issue with your background, and seeing some people from same country getting their approvals even their piorty date is wayyyyy after you, it really makes me sick lol I feel like they put all cases in a big Box and officers grab one from that big boxs and work on it, it is not in order.....  Come OnUSCIS we all pay the same amount of fee so pay attention what you all doing.... 

Why? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GqCssUcCP0cQhJxMmJY_ewz1hIY_-M5M/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

35 minutes ago, Samfar 92 said:

We called several times the week before and the same lady picked up with a huge attitude. She was annoyed we called again.. so im giving it a break hahaha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.